Gerard Deulofeu

xXKonan

The odds of him coming back are getting slimmer and slimmer these days.

Miguel Rico and Romero etc, all say the same thing, he wants to play a lot so he can continue his progress. and it sounds like he isn't convinced that he will get it here.

God Serena

Yeah, that's not our first time hearing a player say that and it won't be the last, as long as MSN is around. I would say it's a double edged sword but considering MSN isn't even good enough for us to win big games or remain consistent in small ones I'd have to say it's a single edged sword, plunged straight through the heart of FC Barcelona.

But that's not anything new from me.

Zinedinho

He's not the smartest option as RW. He would come cheap, but he's a much more interesting player as LW than RW. And besides, he thinks career wise, its best to stay at Milan. And I agree.

Nope. I doubt he's coming.

Nucky

Since Douglas Costa will probably sign for Juventus, Mahrez is the only player we can get if we don't get Dembele. 12m buy out clause expires 30th of June.

gasgas

Yeah, that's not our first time hearing a player say that and it won't be the last, as long as MSN is around. I would say it's a double edged sword but considering MSN isn't even good enough for us to win big games or remain consistent in small ones I'd have to say it's a single edged sword, plunged straight through the heart of FC Barcelona.

But that's not anything new from me.

And anyone suggesting us selling one of MSN will get annihilated anytime

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
In that case, I hope we play with a midfield trio.

No Deulofeu as starting RW in 4-2-3-1 please

xXKonan

Can we buy him back and loan him back out to Milan?

I remember the rumors that Everton have a sell on clause and Gerard would have to remain with the club with a season before selling him. But would a loan get around that?

khaled_a_d

Gerard is a back up in eithe way and I doubt he is fool enough to think he is coming as a starter.

Can we buy him back and loan him back out to Milan?

I remember the rumors that Everton have a sell on clause and Gerard would have to remain with the club with a season before selling him. But would a loan get around that?

May be,I can see us signing him and selling him if he has already a deal with another club that he thinks going to Barca will make it easier for him
For example, a loan with obligatory buy option for Milan that won't put the deal on their 2017 summer books.

God Serena

Gerard is a back up in eithe way and I doubt he is fool enough to think he is coming as a starter.

May be,I can see us signing him and selling him if he has already a deal with another club that he thinks going to Barca will make it easier for him
For example, a loan with obligatory buy option for Milan that won't put the deal on their 2017 summer books.

I'm pretty sure he said he will not return if it's not specifically to play for us, so anything other than him returning as a backup of some sort is out of the question.

Although I'm surprised to hear he might actually come back after Romero said he doubts it, I'm glad to finally have a backup wide player who could possible bring something different to the team, which is something we've lacked since Pedro left.

Sorin

In a way it makes sense. If Valverde wants to use the 4-2-3-1 we really do need an extra RW. Maybe he is not enough for Barcelona at this point but he is relatively cheap and can bridge the gap until next season when we will probably go for Dembele. Next season we sell him for 25 millions. So we double the fee for him. Even more in the case he does show up and plays good.

Imo it's a good decision to bring him back for one year.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I uses to be a big fan of Deulofeu. So i am happy we will get him, but he is definitely not good enough to be in the squad and he never truly progressed and his football IQ is still bad. I cant imagine a right wing of Bellerin and Deuloefu. Saying it is a big downgrade over Messi alves is a huge understatement.

We will use both formations this season, maybe even in the same match. Either Denis or Deulofeu will get the chances at RW, then hopefully next window we can sell Deulofeu for decent amount and get Dembele.

Last edited:

Messi983

Don't think this is a good idea. If we really want to get players linked to us we'll need any million we can get so spending 12M on Deulofeu just to loan him out (even if we'd get 20M for him next summer) wouldn't make sense.

I've read an article a week or two ago that we can bring back Deulofeu unilaterally but if we want to sell him this summer he has to agree with that - which is logical. Don't know if this is true but if I've undestand that article correctly then there is no clause in Deulofeu's contract that he has to stay with us for at least a season if we buy him. So if we'll bring him back I think we'll keep our options open. Maybe we'll keep him for a preseason or we could sell/include him in another deal.

If Gerard wants to stay at Milan and they also want him maybe we could get around 20M with their current spending spree. IIRC Milan also have 6-8M buy option for Deu directly from Everton but they can only use it after July 1 after our buy-back option expires. Now it depends whether they see him more as a 8M player (which I think is closer to his real value even in todays overheated market) than 20M player but if our plan is to buy and sell him then let's hope for the latter. As said above, we can use any million we'll get from selling players if we'll target Verratti/Dembele and (expensive) RB.

Home of Barca Fans