Gerard Deulofeu

Co0ter

Sorry, I never liked him. I remember some games in the Copa and ChL with Pep and Tito in charge, he was like a headless chicken. And you can be sure the rivals were really lame. :lucho:

Do you realize how young he was then...?! People give Munir and Sandro passes (on bad performances) now and they are 20, Gerard was much younger than that.

He does suit the EPL and specifically Everton nicely, with Lukaku as a great target. He'd also be great for Liverpool, Beneteke being arguably an even better target.

That doesn't mean he couldn't play in Spain though, given he was the best player in Segunda when he was there and was getting very little playing time at Sevilla and without personal confidence and that of the coach. There is no reason to believe Munir or Sandro are any better for Barca than he would be...because he has much more talent than them and with determination could easily adapt to our style.

I'd take him over Munir and Sandro any day, if he was willing to do the work (of Neymar and Suarez, Messi doesn't really press much anyway).

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Just had two great piece of skills during the first 20 minutes.

He has given away the ball vast majority of time he has had it.

One of those pieces of skill he got 2/3 lucky bobbles and a poor final ball.

He still just goes for broke virtually every time he has ball so a lot of cheap give aways and some chances from it.

God Serena

Everton lacking any real penetration. I know Gerard is great at getting that cross in but he'll be truly dangerous if he starts cutting in the other direction when he tries that dribble.

God Serena

His crossing has been awful so far though. Can only get better.

His horrid crossing is why he should consider making a different move. We all know the cross is coming, it's just a matter of keeping up when it does. If he were to cut with his left and try picking out a pass he'd create a lot more danger, although I recognize he's probably not at that level.

JamDav1982

His horrid crossing is why he should consider making a different move. We all know the cross is coming, it's just a matter of keeping up when it does. If he were to cut with his left and try picking out a pass he'd create a lot more danger, although I recognize he's probably not at that level.

The defender is sitting so far off him to stop that run inside it is almost impossible but it is leaving huge space for the cross.

He would be better just calming down and playing a pass inside or waiting for Coleman to overlap.

At moment just a bit one dimensional. Dribble forward at full pace and cross ball no matter what.

May well set up winner or get an assist yet but needs to get a better balance to his game.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Since his return it's looked clear that Martinez has emphasised for him to cross the ball rather than over dribble

Adversus

He should be moved over to the left since his crossing has been poor tonight. I think messing up the breakaway affected his confidence.

JamDav1982

The role he plays at Everton is nothing like he would at Barca and still not really showing the qualities of a Barca forward player that would not infuriate the likes of Messi/Ney or Suarez.

He is almost an old fashioned 4-4-2 touchline winger who crosses the ball at every opportunity in the hope 1/2 of those crosses come off in a game.

Butaan4barca

The role he plays at Everton is nothing like he would at Barca and still not really showing the qualities of a Barca forward player that would not infuriate the likes of Messi/Ney or Suarez.

He is almost an old fashioned 4-4-2 touchline winger who crosses the ball at every opportunity in the hope 1/2 of those crosses come off in a game.

can't dis agree more.

Home of Barca Fans