Yaya + Keita not working?

Evil

Shabazz
Pep would need mental treatment if he has to go through choosing between Yaya and Keita. Especially with Keita's form this season, it will be incredibly difficult to bench either of them.

Evil

Shabazz
At the moment I'd definitely choose Keita for starting XI. But if Yaya brings in that form from last season... It'll be hard benching either tbh, or we'll just need to find a way to make them click together.

veryfatchocobo

If Pep decides to start with Iniesta at CM with Xavi, Yaya must be the starter. If it's Keita he wants as CM, then Busquets should get the start. Anyway, Pep said that he wanted them to play tennis with each other so they'd play together better or something to that extent.

Maybe there're locker room issues with them <_<

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I know that in the first half we played well enough and created chances but yet again we play Yaya and Keita and we can't get the job done. It's one or the other Pep!

Deltaboy663

Y cant the two just be satisfied with the Rotation system, I personally think yaya is content and ok with the system that Pep has set up rite now, the press and his agent are making a big deal out of yaya being 'benched' I think Pep is offering both players ample time on the pitch. Besides these two are going to be jetting out of the camp very soon, the last thing they should doing rite now is whining about playing time, Yaya should bring back his form and Keita should keep up the good work, there more than enough room in this team for the two to remain satisfied, if either is unhappy with the system, they should get out of the club, I dont understand, being able to don this kit should be one of the highest sense of self satisfaction for any footballer.

beef-supreme

Judging by the Xerez lineup i think Yaya + Keita work pretty well together:

GK Chema
2 DF Juan Redondo
3 DF Jesús Mendoza (captain)
4 MF Álex Bergantiños (on loan from Deportivo)
5 DF Leandro Gioda (on loan from Independiente)
6 MF Vicente Moreno
7 DF Francis
8 FW Antoñito
9 FW Mario Bermejo
10 MF Emilio Viqueira
11 MF Momo
13 GK Renan (on loan from Valencia)
14 MF Víctor Sánchez (on loan from FC Barcelona)
15 FW Fabián Orellana (on loan from Udinese)
16 MF Emiliano Armenteros (on loan from Sevilla)
17 FW Míchel Ángel
18 DF David Prieto (on loan from Sevilla)
19 MF Carlos Calvo
20 MF Abel Gómez
21 FW Giancarlo Maldonado (on loan from Atlante)
22 DF José Manuel Casado (on loan from Sevilla)
23 DF Aythami (on loan from Deportivo)
24 MF Yaya Keita (on loan from RC Lens)
30 GK Toni

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
Judging by the Xerez lineup i think Yaya + Keita work pretty well together:

GK Chema
2 DF Juan Redondo
3 DF Jesús Mendoza (captain)
4 MF Álex Bergantiños (on loan from Deportivo)
5 DF Leandro Gioda (on loan from Independiente)
6 MF Vicente Moreno
7 DF Francis
8 FW Antoñito
9 FW Mario Bermejo
10 MF Emilio Viqueira
11 MF Momo
13 GK Renan (on loan from Valencia)
14 MF Víctor Sánchez (on loan from FC Barcelona)
15 FW Fabián Orellana (on loan from Udinese)
16 MF Emiliano Armenteros (on loan from Sevilla)
17 FW Míchel Ángel
18 DF David Prieto (on loan from Sevilla)
19 MF Carlos Calvo
20 MF Abel Gómez
21 FW Giancarlo Maldonado (on loan from Atlante)
22 DF José Manuel Casado (on loan from Sevilla)
23 DF Aythami (on loan from Deportivo)
24 MF Yaya Keita (on loan from RC Lens)
30 GK Toni

lol no. otherwise xerez would have been number 1 :party00231:

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
hmm my hypothesis why toure doesnt work with keita is because toure tends to drop waay too much from midfield to act like a 3rd cd. that may work when you get 2 ball carriers like iniesta and xavi, however when in games where a direct player like keita is involved, it leaves waay too much space in the midfield making the team look utterly useless.

this xerez game shows a perfect example of such- whenever toure drops in too deep, he forces the central defenders to hit it over the top to find attackers as xavi is now severely outnumbered. however with such a short "targetman" in bojan, this leads to the opposition winning the ball 8/10 times and utilizing their number advantage to pressure xavi into uselessness.

when iniesta is playing alongside xavi... they have a much indirect look to play. they dont run in a vertical way like keita and therefore yaya's dropping back has no effect as these two would create space causing the wingbacks to move up making a pseudo 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3

yaya's willingness to drop into defence has completely nullified our midfield and that does not tend to happen with busquets as he hurries into midfielders allowing keita's runs to be of an use.

Moe