Yaya + Keita not working?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
CA or someone else on the forum brought this to my attention. It appears that when we have both Yaya Toure and Keita on the field that our midfield looks somewhat lost and loses it's fluency and those two just don't click.
So where's the problem here? I don't think it's merely "Keita is no Iniesta" but I do agree that Xavi is easier to be marked off when there's no other creative midfielder alongside him.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
If we play against small team, they looked fine. It's somewhat true when we up against big teams or solid teams.

Last edited:

zanela

Perhaps..
But i miss seeing Xavi-Toure-Iniesta midfield. Dont think we've played this season yet. :sad:
On form & full flow thats the best midfield in the world.

E

Esteve

No. Not working. Probably never will. I'd rather have Busquets there than playing those two together. Both very good players but it just doesn't seem to work. Like Zanela, I miss Andrés in midfield. We're a different side with Xaviesta on form.

A

Ahmed INIESTA

Perhaps..
But i miss seeing Xavi-Toure-Iniesta midfield. Dont think we've played this season yet.
On form & full flow thats the best midfield in the world.
that is 100% true

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Couldn't possibly give an opinion on this, only seen half a game this season and I don't think Toure was playing.

Evil

Shabazz
Probably it isn't working, but to be fair Busquets has been starting ahead of Yaya most of the time since the beginning of the season, so you can't expect to just throw Yaya in the middle of the action and expect him to perform miracles. Having said that, Keita has been superb this season, he 100% deserves his starting place, but if it means pushing Iniesta out of the midfield then I'm against it. I'm glad we got so many quality players and it hurts to see one of them benched because they all perform really well.

Anyways, regardless of Keita's amazing form, Yaya Toure-Xavi-Iniesta (on form) is the best midfield we can possibly have, and probably the best midfield in the world. Hopefully Henry recovers his form so he can be slotted back in the left wing and path the way for Iniesta to go back in midfield, and with Yaya slowly gaining his form we should be all set, and if anything goes wrong Keita will be there to cover.

zanela

Am i the only one who doesn't rate keita? I know he is a decent lad, works hard for the team, can score from headers but he is got like ZERO creativity to be Iniesta's sub. I've noticed whenever he takes midfield in tough away games(the ones i remember-Stamford bridge, Mestalla(last season+this),Inter game) he looks lost, & generally our midfield struggles to create much. Infact, Busquets & Toure have more creativity than him & probably would do better if they were brought forward.

An interesting stat - All 3 had the same no. of assists last season. Guess how many???
1 :biggrin:

maz

I walk the line
I definitely rate him. He's not iniesta's sub. Theyre different players. Dont forget last season he was gelling with the squad. The beginning of this season he looked very good.. he's a box to box player not a deep-lying creative midfielder.

Who scored more goals last season out of keita, yayá and busquets? I dont know for sure but im sure its keita. And this season? Keita i think again.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Keita has been excellent this season. As maz says he's a box to box player, probably the only player we have of that type. He offers somethign different to the others, but he's not especially creative with his passing etc. Xaviesta and Yaya is definitely our best midfield, as Yaya offers defensive ability that Keita doesn have. Against more physical sides I can understand the idea of playing both of them, but yeh together it isn't quite right in the middle.

zanela

I definitely rate him. He's not iniesta's sub. Theyre different players. Dont forget last season he was gelling with the squad. The beginning of this season he looked very good.. he's a box to box player not a deep-lying creative midfielder.

If he is not Iniesta's sub then who is? Does he not take Iniesta's place in midfield when the latter is playing on the wings or when Iniesta is injured?
I know they are diff players and who says box-box players are not or cant be a bit creative? He is Zero at that which means when he is playing alongside Xavi in tough away fixtures, Xavi has to take the full burden of creating for the team & we tend to struggle 'coz of that.

Who scored more goals last season out of keita, yayá and busquets? I dont know for sure but im sure its keita. And this season? Keita i think again.

Keita did. But u wudn't expect a DM to score more than some1 who plays a more attacking role.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
I'd like to see more of the Sergio + Toure partnership. Keita seems to play every game, and as good as hes been he has his limits and sometimes we need other options.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If Keita isn't the right option, then the Biscuit isn't a better alternative, IMHO...He's had a very poor early showing thus far...From preseason until now, he's been the weakest part of the squad from my perspective.

Keita, on the other hand, has been one of the most improved

Home of Barca Fans