Côte d'Ivoire

Evil

Shabazz
Was just thinking what a great squad this country have. We could see them competing up there with Spain and Brazil in the coming World Cup.

ivory-coast-flag.jpg

--------------------Barry

Eboue-----Toure----Bamba------Boka

------Siaka Tiéné------Zokora---------

----------------Yaya Toure---------------
Keita--------------------------------Kalou

-----------------Drogba

Not to mention other good players like Gervinho, Kone, Cisse.

How far do you guys think they'll make it? I think they're going to make the Africans proud :party00231:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They had a good team for years now. Somehow I feel they lack discipline. How do you guys rate their goalie, Boubacar Barry?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
barry is very inconsistent, he can be brilliant but can be awful. very typical of this current generation of african keepers.

ed is right, their defence is poor. in midfield and attack they're exceptional (although kalou, for me, should always be a supersub) but with kolo going downhill as he has, and eboue and boka being very much offensive fullbacks... it is a weakness.

I do hope they do well, though.

Evil

Shabazz
If there's a team I'll be supporting in the World Cup other than Spain, it has to be Ivory Coast. I really want to see an African team go far or do something, and that Ghana win last night had me pumped up :p

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
cameroon and ivory coast FTW

we need an african teams to break their curse in the world cup and make the semis

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon ( presumably ), Tunisia/ Nigeria, Egypt ( possibly ) and South Africa the hosts. At least one must surely make it to the quarter final it must happen.

4ever barca

vahid halilhodzic is great coach and they will be very good in WC

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
They are on paper the most talented side in Africa, but I said the same thing in 2006 and they didn't go anywhere (though having what was probably the group of death didn't help) I think they will be tough, but their defensive weaknesses will hurt them.

My favourite African side is Cameroon, but I'd be happy with any African team makes it to the semis.

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
They don't play well outside of West Africa, its okay to look good when your playing against badly organized African teams but will they be able to handle countries like Spain Italy or Brazil? I don't think so and whats more is if u cant cant get past the better African Nations like Ghana and Cameroon how do u expect to compete against teams of a higher standard.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
If anything Ghana and Cameroon, by having less skill, are at an advantage against European sides - they are more likely to play negatively.

It's silly logic, but Ghana had a solid run in 2006 by relying on physical play over ability, though Essien was probably at his peak then.

Home of Barca Fans