Thiago Alcantara

Donatello

Bold. We don't even know if De Jong is going to be 'top-club in La Liga'-level yet. Thiago is world-class, and if Bayern starts at 70M a deal between 50-60M is not unrealistic.
That is a steal for a player at that level these days. I know he is injured, but I would wait a year to go for De Jong if Thiago is available know.

He isn't that good ffs. Not at all a 70M player. He isn't a steal...

If he is really that good, then why are Bayern trying to sell him. And If Thiago wants to leave, why don't play a hardball.

He may be great on his day, but he is an injury prone, slow and inconsistent player.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I would pay 40m for Thiago. 50m at the most. Bayern either keep him with Kovac preferring this B2B MFs and him losing further value or selling for a more reasonable price with Thiago wanting to return to Barca and not go anywhere else if it was up to him.

GOAT_SUAREZ

[tw]1019619488956903430[/tw]

MD now reporting on the story too!

All stories point to the same issue - the price that Bayern are expected to want for him.

yep all comes down to the price. What should be remembered is that 70 million for a former La Masia player would be a bad look.

Raketa10

I would pay 40m for Thiago. 50m at the most. Bayern either keep him with Kovac preferring this B2B MFs and him losing further value or selling for a more reasonable price with Thiago wanting to return to Barca and not go anywhere else if it was up to him.

No one will pay more than 50. At least no one with a brain.

Alik

We paid 40m for Paulinho, Gomes and Turan. Paying 50-60m for Thiago is fair. Make some of it variable based on number of games played, if we're worried about injuries.

Givenchy

with the Willian rumours, i rather the board just pay the fucking 60mil for Thiago. this board aren't safe with a budget 100mil +

Barcilliant

We already have Arthur who is a similar type of player. Why bring an injury prone, older player? And that too for 50-70 million.

I am not a fan of Rabiot but I'd take a reasonably priced Rabiot over Thiago.

FC433

Would not pay more than 35m and he should take wage reduction. He is at his best, and to be honest it is not that impressive. He would absolutely improve our squad, but I think some are actually overestimating his impact. When we needed him a while back he renewed his contract, and now when BM does not want him, he wants to come back. Why does not he go with Pep just like he did before?

As many said, add 30m more and get De Jong and De Ligt.

Coutinho Arthur
Busquets
Should be enough, I believe.

Alik

We already have Arthur who is a similar type of player. Why bring an injury prone, older player? And that too for 50-70 million.

Arthur could turn out to be a flop. Thiago would fit in right away and 27 is a perfectly normal age.

Joan

Arthur could turn out to be a flop. Thiago would fit in right away and 27 is a perfectly normal age.

When would Arthur play if Thiago and Rakitić are in front of him in the pecking order?

He might turn out to be a flop, but we must put some trust into him if want to prevent it.

George_Costanza

I'm happy with signing Arthur but I don't think he will have more than 10 games by the end of the season under Valverde with or without adding another CM like Thiago.

Home of Barca Fans