Thiago Alcantara

Joan

I think maybe this is also part of another reason why we are signing Vidal rather than Thiago because the likes Vidal, Busi, Rakitic might not going to be useful in 2 years time while easing the likes of Arthur, Alena, Puig and De Jong (if he comes) and giving assurances?

They're going for Vidal because of his profile which EV likes. Why not for Thiago? Imo, (1) what you just said, trust in Arthur who's similar style-wise (2) what Devils said above.

George_Costanza

Ironically, we might do the same to Arthur/De Jong (if he comes)/Alena/Puig now by signing Thiago.

Yes but isn't Thiago an injury prone? Didn't you post that 5 years injury chart? so plenty of playing time for Arthur and De Jong and will learn more football from Thiago than tequila shots from Vidal.

Joan

Yes but isn't Thiago an injury prone? Didn't you post that 5 years injury chart? so plenty of playing time for Arthur and De Jong and will learn more football from Thiago than tequila shots from Vidal.
:lol: Clutching at straws there. What if Thiago stays fit for a season, I've heard it's on Bayern's medical team, youngsters won't play at all?

It's like this, Vidal is a stopgap, won't last here for long. Thiago? If he comes, longterm solution. The club obviously doesn't want to take that path and I can see why.

I am so glad that talk of signing Thiago has died down. Remember, signing ex-Barca players historically never turns out well, and he wasn't exactly setting Bayern and the Bundesliga alight either.

Time to move on. There's better options out there.

gasgas

i hope they sign him.
he will weaken their team comsiderably and that's good for Barca.

Barca fans on twittder fomt know what's good for them

George_Costanza

i hope they sign him.

Disappointed-Terrible-Awful-OMG-Embarassed-Embarassing-WTF-GIF.gif

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
i hope they sign him.

Maybe they don't, but neither do you.

How would he weaken them if they have better depth :lol:

Thiago is better than Ceballos and the other kid they have.

Garrus

Maybe they don't, but neither do you.

How would he weaken them if they have better depth :lol:

Thiago is better than Ceballos and the other kid they have.

You can only be better than Ceballos and the other kid, If you’re not sitting in a hospital.

giphy.gif

Home of Barca Fans