Thiago Alcantara

Raketa10

IMHO when healthy he is undoubtedly one of the best CM players in the world but those damn injuries are really worrying. I always loved the way he plays but I am not sure if we can afford to risk with him. I am divided about this, a great player who can be a fantastic midfield option for every team in the world but with a potential to end up like Reus. :(

If a price is reasonable (which I doubt it will be) and our medical stuff is confident he can stay fit I would maybe gamble but than again it could end up as one of the worst decisions ever. Really hard to be smart here. Maybe we should just put our trust in Alena and forget about Thiago but Alena for sure needs at least 2 or 3 years more to fully develop.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Would take him in a heartbeat, there is always slight chance that he he'll overcome his injury problems later in his career the way Robben did it for example. Doubt it'll will happen though since we are after Griezmann and Arthur.

wisconsincule

I was so upset when he left. I remember he killed it at the UEFA U21 championships and then peaced out shortly there after. So so so dumb. I’m still bothered about it to this day. Fuck.

Sorin

For a reasonable price maybe, so like 35m with some incentives here and there, sure. Bayern gonna laugh and tell us to fuck off which will be the end of it. They're gonna sell Vidal for around 40-50m anyway. He's shot at the top level. Thiago can still contribute much more when healthy.

When he's healthy, he's one of the best CM in the world, however you always run the risk that one bad challenge rules him out for half a season at a time. You really can't build a midfield around him. If someone guarantees even 2 or 3 years of no major injuries, i wouldn't even be bothered if we pay 60m on him since you know that you have a WC player that can help you win CL in that span. But yeah, the ship has sailed I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans