Thiago Alcantara

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Popular with supporters like Cesc. Only Cesc was epl best player and didn't miss 1/3 of matches due to injuries.

YodaMaster

https://grup14.com/column/the-end-of-thiago-s-controversial-injury-saga

Thiago was atleast partly treated at Barcelona... - and if someone is to blame it is Cugat.

Maybe you're right about Thiago's case and I have nothing against Bayern. I actually would have loved if they had all their players to knock out Real Madrid... But fact is: every year Bayern goes to the CL semi-finals and every year when they get there, half of the starting 11 is injured. Who's to blame for that ? Pep and his doctors ?! As far as I'm concerned, it's been 2 years since he left and Bayern's medical team is still doing bad. Very bad.

Maybe you're right about Thiago's case and I have nothing against Bayern. I actually would have loved if they had all their players to knock out Real Madrid... But fact is: every year Bayern goes to the CL semi-finals and every year when they get there, half of the starting 11 is injured. Who's to blame for that ? Pep and his doctors ?! As far as I'm concerned, it's been 2 years since he left and Bayern's medical team is still doing bad. Very bad.

Who are we talking of? Robben, Ribery... - not really a surprise. Boateng lately is no surprise either. It is always the same players that have problems. The rest is bad luck like Lahm, that broke his leg 2 or 3 seasons ago or that Lewy got knocked out from Dortmund's goalkeeper in the cup match.

Bayern depends on the wingers for a special playing style. Müller in free role in front of Thiago is a different story than to play in a conventional 4-3-3 with him on the right - those two together are great as Müller opens the spaces and Thiago sees them and plays the passes for it. The 4-3-3 means a lot domination with the ball but less surprise in the actions. But the wingers are high drilled machines and with Gnabry and Coman we have the next players for the wing that seem to have a similar track with injuries. Gnabry was great for Hoffenheim this season - 10 goals and 5 assists for a midtable team (he usually scores the first goals, too, what makes him especially valuable) - and will hopefully do this at Bayern, too. But he runs from one into the next muscle injury.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bookmakers have no inside knowledge about this.

If I start a rumor on Twitter tonight and get 5k people retweet it, they'll slash the odds even more.

And that's what happened. A Real Madrid blogger/fan or whatever he is speculated about Thiago since Lopetegui played Thiago and Isco together as the CMs for the U21 team.

Barca83

Banned
Which site is that on?

You got a link?

skybet: they still don't think it's too likely he goes to Real but I thought it was a bit interesting how much they've cut the odds

1-2 days ago; he was 4/5 on to join Barca and something like 25/1 for Real

now: 1/1 for Barca and 5/1 for Madrid

mia7007

I would say buy Odriodzola and Thiago, push Roberto to midfield. We will then have Busi, Raki, Thiago, Roberto and Paulinho. Sell Samper and keep Oriol or loan Oriol and keep Samper
We can then wait for Paulinho to shine in WC and sell him for a good price

Givenchy

he learned fast :lol:

hopefully Iniesta makes some comments and if Spain win the WC we can put a Barca shirt on him ala Cesc :iniesta:

Home of Barca Fans