Thiago Alcantara

Andrew M

I doubt any club is willing to pay even 50m for him when there are other options. Thiago is not much needed somewhere else and his playstyle is best suited to Barca, City and CFC. Other clubs have plenty of other options for a better price.

And do not forget his wages too. However, I would take him for 30m + addons 20m max depends on his appearances. I still love Thiago, I was a little bit against getting him, but now I would not mind him for a reasonable price.

Coutinho Messi Dembele
Thiago Busquets Arthur

That must be an entertaining team to watch.

We've always had another proper goalscorer with Messi when we've been successful, though. Such as Villa, Suarez, Henry, Eto'o

Joan

I doubt any club is willing to pay even 50m for him when there are other options. Thiago is not much needed somewhere else and his playstyle is best suited to Barca, City and CFC. Other clubs have plenty of other options for a better price.

And do not forget his wages too. However, I would take him for 30m + addons 20m max depends on his appearances. I still love Thiago, I was a little bit against getting him, but now I would not mind him for a reasonable price.

Coutinho Messi Dembele
Thiago Busquets Arthur

That must be an entertaining team to watch.
Think even BBZ would take him for 30 mil + 20 of addons. lol

FC433

^
:lol:
Both points are great. The price seems a bit too good, but I see Thiago as a luxury signing. And true we need a goalscorer, but would not hurt to try and I do not believe one bit that Suarez is going to be a sub.

raki

30+20 is ludicrous.

A 60M for a 27y old player which suits our style better than almost anyone seems a good deal to me.

Jombi

Just to be clear: This is what Rumenigge said a few days ago:

In most scenarios, it is his home club FC Barcelona that would be eager to snatch back their wayward son. Rummenigge, however, dismissed all such talk outright (Abendzeitung):

[Thiago] is an important player for us and we have never once articulated the thought that he should leave the club. There has never been anything to the story whatsoever.

So does anyone have any other info than this, about Bayern wanting to sell, Thiago wanting to leave and it will be for a dirt cheap 50m-70m price?

Last edited:

Devils

Just because we got Coutinho, doesnt mean I said it was impossible, but extremely difficult. Bayern is a whole different ballgame.

Lemar went for a reasonable price based on the hype? Are you serious? How is 70m for Lemar and 50m for Thiago reasonable? Lemar plays for a small selling club and had an average season and hasnt shown anywhere near what a player like Thiago has shown. 25m would be reasonable for Lemar a couple of years ago, a potential low risk, high reward signing. You seem to conflate that with him being a world class superstar that should go for 130m or something.

Show me some credible sources that back up any of this 50m for Thiago stuff you are talking about.

YOU said Lemar was Iniesta's successor while he was at Monaco, so going by your hype on him he should be going for 100m+. Stop trying to beat around the bush. Now you are saying the exact same about Thiago.

Bayern isn't a whole different ball game. They sold Costa, Benatia, Gotze and Kroos for very reasonable fees and Bayern even took losses on some of those players to get them out of their club.

I'm not putting a 50m price on Thiago, I'm saying 50-70m isn't unreasonable while you are out here as usual whining about how difficult and how expensive a signing will be.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Uli Hoeness when asked about Thiago and Boateng said Bayern need to sell a few players and didn't want to deny the rumors about Thiago possibly being for sale.

If you've followed the hierarchy in Bayern long enough it's Uli Hoenß who rules.

The players that they possibly will sell if a good offer comes in are Boateng, Vidal, Bernat and Thiago, and he's mentioned midfielders in particular. Easy to put two and two together.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.c...s-summer-window-boateng-coman-james-rodriguez

Then you have this:

https://thebavarians.info/report-uli-hoeness-does-not-want-thiago-alcantara-at-bayern/

The problem for Bayern is that the offers for Thiago, Boateng and Vidal are simply not coming in.

Last edited:

FC433

^ 60m is a bit too much. James R went from RMFC to FCB for 13m loan and 42m option that is 55m for an excellent player who was one year younger when he was bought.

Players values depend heavily on their importance for their clubs. Gomes would cost 40m at least if he was playing for Lazio. We cannot even sell him for 25m. The same applies to Thiago, FCB did not explicitly say that they want to sell him, but they, of course, would want to get rid of a player who earns about 8m. He is not a bench player and they got Goretzka and Tolisso as their starters.

Jombi

YOU said Lemar was Iniesta's successor while he was at Monaco, so going by your hype on him he should be going for 100m+. Stop trying to beat around the bush. Now you are saying the exact same about Thiago.

Bayern isn't a whole different ball game. They sold Costa, Benatia, Gotze and Kroos for very reasonable fees and Bayern even took losses on some of those players to get them out of their club.

I'm not putting a 50m price on Thiago, I'm saying 50-70m isn't unreasonable while you are out here as usual whining about how difficult and how expensive a signing will be.

Lemar would be a potential Iniesta replacement for a low risk, high reward transfer. Thats the "hype" you are confused about. Paying a crazy 80m for him would be absurd and defeats the purpose. Now you're saying 50m for Thiago is reasonable based on Lemar going for 70m. Makes no sense whatsoever. Thiago is a well established star.

And you have no sources at all about what you are saying? Its just wishful thinking then. Thiago cant be had for these absurd prices.

FC433

^because they are relatively old and on high wages and injury prone and they want for each of them at least 60m. So

Devils

Lemar would be a potential Iniesta replacement for a low risk, high reward transfer. Thats the "hype" you are confused about. Paying a crazy 80m for him would be absurd and defeats the purpose. Now you're saying 50m for Thiago is reasonable based on Lemar going for 70m. Makes no sense whatsoever. Thiago is a well established star.

And you have no sources at all about what you are saying? Its just wishful thinking then. Thiago cant be had for these absurd prices.

Makes perfect sense.

Bayern has over 8 midfielders in the squad, Thiago has had huge issues with injuries, is no longer even guaranteed a starting spot and has never lived up to the level that most expected of him when he was younger. Like I said, he's not on any higher level to what Cesc Fabregas was at his age.

On top of all that (as DonAK) posted both Uli and KHR have said they are going to sell midfielders.

But keep deluding to yourself that Bayern are going to demand hundreds of millions for him.

Devils

Here [MENTION=19793]Jombi[/MENTION],

The new manager of Bayern Munich on untransferable Thiago:

[tw]1021861333082488832[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans