Thiago Alcantara

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
did he personally tell you he doesn't want to return? Go full force on the player who keeps signing contract extensions every 6 months.

I don't know him personally and I can't read tea leaves but the German press has reported consistently that he is very happy at Bayern and he wanted to stay with them, they even reported that his father saw his future at Bayern. Now Cadena Ser says the same, what is not to believe?

More importantly, do you realistically think Bayern will sell him, more so than PSG is willing to sell Verratti? Holding onto this sense of false hope will make you really disappointed in the end.

hulinat

I don't know him personally and I can't read tea leaves but the German press has reported consistently that he is very happy at Bayern and he wanted to stay with them, they even reported that his father saw his future at Bayern. Now Cadena Ser says the same, what is not to believe?

More importantly, do you realistically think Bayern will sell him, more so than PSG is willing to sell Verratti? Holding onto this sense of false hope will make you really disappointed in the end.

The chances of us getting Thiago are WAY higher than Verratti. We've been chasing Verratti for years now, he's going to extend his contract and Bayern is so much more a selling club than PSG.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The chances of us getting Thiago are WAY higher than Verratti. We've been chasing Verratti for years now, he's going to extend his contract and Bayern is so much more a selling club than PSG.

Huh? The only "key player" they sold was Kroos and he was sold because they wouldn't offer him the kind of salary he wanted so Kroos wanted out (in hind sight Bayern and KHR in particular totally screwed up). Thiago is considered a key player for them these days, why would they sell him?

hulinat

Huh? The only "key player" they sold was Kroos and he was sold because they wouldn't offer him the kind of salary he wanted so Kroos wanted out (in hind sight Bayern and KHR in particular totally screwed up). Thiago is considered a key player for them these days, why would they sell him?

Because he'd want to leave? his home club comes calling.

Yannik

Bayern a selling club? They lost less players against their will than Barca did.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
On the contrary we have sold players like Alexis(whom many Bayern fans love) for an upgrade like Suarez :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well Thiago of course, and kinda Valdez + Alves

Thiago was put on the market. The board claimed it was great business to sell a bench warmer for 25m. Valdes left on his own terms and we had ter Stegen signed a year before he left as a replacement. We only renewed Alves because of the transfer ban and were planning to get rid of him as we didn't have faith in him anymore as Alves put it.

Yannik

Thiago was put on the market. The board claimed it was great business to sell a bench warmer for 25m. Valdes left on his own terms and we had ter Stegen signed a year before he left as a replacement. We only renewed Alves because of the transfer ban.

Thiago was sold via release clause because it dropped from 90m to 25m because he wasn't playing 30mins in 60% of the games.
Valdes leaving on his own terms is basically what I'm saying, not something Barca wanted. Alves neither. You might just count the latter 2 as a half, and then it's still 2-1 as Bayern really only ever really "sold" Kroos lately, before that Ballack in 2006 was the last one.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans