Thiago Alcantara

MTL_Barca

What forum?

Forum section of transfermarkt. Not even exaggerating, they discuss that shit in his thread 24/7 and the vast majority wants to keep him even the people thay don't agree he should be untouchable, almost nobody wants to sell him. Many even claim its Kroos 2.0, Hoeneß has to go asap (his thread is like the Barto thread over here since they hired Kovac instead of Tuchel, renewed Ribery/Robben and ther rumors of Thiago leaving started) etc. Funny stuff it's pretty much the same as here :lol:

@BBZ: Yes Matthäus is an idiot and nobody really takes him serious for a reason, that's not even up to debate. Besides that German press never rated Thiago, just like they never rated Kroos, hate Dembele and love their Müller so it's not always fair just like spanish press has their favorites.

I mean Thiago isn't consistently great, cant deny that so to an extent it's true. But Bayern selling him because of that would still be stupid imo because that's the case with most of their players. Müller is shit for years now, Robben and Ribery a shadow of their former selves, Lewandowski choking all the time, Alaba in bad shape for like 3-4 years, Hummels and especially Boateng make enough mistakes, Vidal had very bad months each season, Martinez was only really important 12/13 etc so you can't just pick Thiago here and say he's the weakpoint because that wouldn't be fair.

The truth lies somewhere in between. Thiago is injured often, they have a lot of midfielders, a new coach that may play different football etc and i have the feeling they just don't rate players like him just like when they let Kroos go instead of offering him another 1M per year mor. I dont think it's just about quality. Just saying Bayern sells him = he's too weak for us doesn't work.

Look at our midfield and look at Thiago, can you really say he wouldn't be a big improvement? Again we have ONE quality CM and tbh i wouldn't even bet on Rakitic being a starter if he was at Bayern instead of Thiago. Besides that we have Paulinho who cant pass, AMs who cant build up /defend and Gomes wo cant do anything. Our midfield is just that bad, Thiago doesn't need to be a 2018 version of Xavi to help us.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Forum section of transfermarkt. Not even exaggerating, they discuss that shit in his thread 24/7 and the vast majority wants to keep him even if they don't agree he's untouchable, almost nobody wants to sell him. Many even claim its Kroos 2.0, Hoeneß has to go (his thread is like the Barto thread since they hired Kovac instead of Tuchel, renewed Ribery/Robben and there are rumors of Thiago leaving) etc funny stuff it's pretty much the same as here :lol:

@BBZ: Yes Matthäus is an idiot and nobody really takes him serious for a reason, that's not even up to debate. Besides that German press never rated Thiago, just like they never rated Kroos, hate Dembele and love their Müller so it's not always fair just like spanish press has their favorites.

I mean Thiago isn't consistently great, cant deny that. But Bayern selling him because of that would still be stupid because that's the case with most of their players. Müller is shit for years, Robben and Ribery a shadow of their former selves, Lewandowski choking all the time, Alaba in bad shape for like 3-4 years, Hummels and especially Boateng make enough mistakes, Vidal had very bad months each season etc so you can't just pick Thiago here.

The truth lies somewhere in between. Thiago is injured often, they have a lot of midfielders, a new coach that may play different football etc it's not just about quality. Just saying Bayern sells him = he's too weak for us doesn't work.

Look at our midfield and look at Thiago, can you really say he wouldn't be a big improvement? Again we have ONE quality CM and tbh i wouldn't even bet on Rakitic being a starter if he was at Bayern instead of Thiago. Besides that we have Paulinho who cant pass, AMs who cant build up /defend and Gomes wo cant do anything. Our midfield is just that bad, Thiago doesn't need to be a 2018 version of Xavi to help us.

That is the biggest Bayern forum going on trnsfrmkt?

Might be looking in wrong place but looks barely used.

MTL_Barca

That is the biggest Bayern forum going on trnsfrmkt?

Might be looking in wrong place but looks barely used.

I'm pretty sure it is. Idk where you looked but usually there is a lot of traffic there. The general transfer topic has more than 83k posts in less than a year for example, i would say that's not too bad.

Androutsos

I'm not 100% on the Thiago train, but if it comes down to Pjanic or Thiago, I'm going for the one who knows the club/language/players and not to mention, is younger.

Erikson is impossible. Not sure how many better options are out there atm?

Raketa10

Do you have a few words on this?
Is Matthaus an idiot?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5762981/Lothar-Matthaus-slams-Thiago-Alcantara-says-Bundesliga-champions-sell.html

Ulli Hoeness, president:

So, to some extent: Bayern, who is supposed to be weaker than us is getting rid of this guy since he is not good enough in big matches.
But yet, we, who should be better than Bayern, would like to have him as a key player who will help us in a CL campaign.

Something is "broken" in this logic guys.
Either Bayern (and Barca 5 years ago, and Pep, and Spanish NT coaches) are crazy.
Or Barcaforum is too emotional about him and we are overrating him a lot.

He was their best player in 2016/17 season but last year he was injured for too long. They also sold Kroos and bought Xabi Alonso remember? Regarding Lothar Matthaus, his level of expertise is laughable. He was a great player but as a manager he is on the level of Maradona.

Matthaus also said: "I actually rate him but he's been a shadow of his former self recently"

Of course he is not on the level he was, FFS he was injured for too long. We are all aware that only problem with Thiago is his injury record and that's it. Is that a big problem? Well for sure it is, but no one can say that he is not a class player when he is healthy. This is the reason I said 50 mil should be an upper limit anything above that is too risky IMHO.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

So, to some extent: Bayern, who is supposed to be weaker than us is getting rid of this guy since he is not good enough in big matches.
But yet, we, who should be better than Bayern, would like to have him as a key player who will help us in a CL campaign.

Something is "broken" in this logic guys.
Either Bayern (and Barca 5 years ago, and Pep, and Spanish NT coaches) are crazy.
Or Barcaforum is too emotional about him and we are overrating him a lot.

It has nothing to do with "he is not good enough in big matches". It's just that he is not needed as much in the new tactical formation of Heynckes. Heyneckes prefer James as he is much better going forward than Thiago. They are both playmakers but James is more aggressive going forward and Thiago being better defensively i.e deep-lying playmaker (which what we really need). Then you have their most expensive signing Tolisso who is tailor-made to work in Heyneckes system. Tolisso is box-to-box midfield (Since Vidal is injured) who covers lots of space at both ends of the pitch. So you have James and Tolisso who both fit Jupp's system. Another example, Robert Lewandowski was one of the best strikers in the world under Pep but suffered a lot under Ancelotti, no ones doubt his quality but he didn't fit well in Ancelotti's system. Thiago fits our system and he is the profile we are looking for.

Also, who is in his right mind listen to Matthäus. This guy is an idiot who criticised Pep and praised Ancelotti. :lol:

Got a link?

The transfermarkt forum is the worst forum I know - probably as bad as some of the english forums. Full of double and triple accounts and fanboys of different players and I know a lot of decent posters that do not post there anymore as it makes no sense to post against them.

Thiago is a fantastic player - he just somehow was a victim of his injury last season even if it was not a long time he missed. But in this time James got an alternative for him and Heynckes preferred to play just one of James and Thiago together with a Box-to-Box or Müller on the 8s and Martinez on the 6.

And Matthäus always goes with the flow. Last season he overhyped Thiago - now he does that with James.

I mean Thiago isn't consistently great, cant deny that so to an extent it's true. But Bayern selling him because of that would still be stupid imo because that's the case with most of their players. Müller is shit for years now, Robben and Ribery a shadow of their former selves, Lewandowski choking all the time, Alaba in bad shape for like 3-4 years, Hummels and especially Boateng make enough mistakes, Vidal had very bad months each season, Martinez was only really important 12/13 etc so you can't just pick Thiago here and say he's the weakpoint because that wouldn't be fair.

The truth lies somewhere in between. Thiago is injured often, they have a lot of midfielders, a new coach that may play different football etc and i have the feeling they just don't rate players like him just like when they let Kroos go instead of offering him another 1M per year mor. I dont think it's just about quality. Just saying Bayern sells him = he's too weak for us doesn't work.

Kroos at Bayern was different than he is at Real. He still was the wannabe no. 10 at Bayern who did not track back. For me Thiago is still the much better choice for Bayern.

Robben and Ribery have still their matches and show it then. Especially Robben can still have great matches. Müller has a goal or an assist every 70 minutes since Heynckes arrived, shoots a goal with every five shots and is one of the best assistants in Europe. And most of his contributions are decisive. He makes Robben and Lewy function - especially Lewy is another player when he plays behind him.

Last edited:

Trafalgar

I'm not 100% on the Thiago train, but if it comes down to Pjanic or Thiago, I'm going for the one who knows the club/language/players and not to mention, is younger.

Erikson is impossible. Not sure how many better options are out there atm?

Also the one who's injured most of the time.

Raketa10

Can you elaborate pls? what do you mean by "most of the time"? How many league games did Thiago play the last 3 seasons?

Let me answer that for him. 113 games in the last 3 seasons for Bayern + 23 for Spain NT. If that is ‘injured most of the time player’ I don’t know what Vermaelen is.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans