Thiago Alcantara

aaron101

I don't hate him. I actually love him and Rafinha but if given the chance to take him back even for free, I would chose not to. Why? it's simple, he's a great player but injury prone. Same reason why I didn't like the idea of us getting Aguero. Having Thiago would have prevented us from getting the players like Rakitic. Every season, Thiago gets injured and always being out for a long time. When he recovers, he gets injured again after a month of two. We had enough of that from the past. We have players that we need right now. Better for him to stay and spend most of his career at Bayern. Let him establish himself there.

hulinat

I don't hate him. I actually love him and Rafinha but if given the chance to take him back even for free, I would chose not to. Why? it's simple, he's a great player but injury prone. Same reason why I didn't like the idea of us getting Aguero. Having Thiago would have prevented us from getting the players like Rakitic. Every season, Thiago gets injured and always being out for a long time. When he recovers, he gets injured again after a month of two. We had enough of that from the past. We have players that we need right now. Better for him to stay and spend most of his career at Bayern. Let him establish himself there.

True but I dont recall Thiago being injured that much during his time at Barca. I would much rather sign Thiago for 30M than splash 100M on overrated players like Pogba who dont even with our style of play. Thiago would be a great addition to the squad and could even be a starter someday.

aaron101

True but I dont recall Thiago being injured that much during his time at Barca. I would much rather sign Thiago for 30M than splash 100M on overrated players like Pogba who dont even with our style of play. Thiago would be a great addition to the squad and could even be a starter someday.

Better not sign one of them. We have the players we need right now. Sergi Roberto is just getting started. He'll only improve from this. There's really no need for us to get Thiago back. Our midfield is stacked. Getting him would only disappoint our patient midfielder who stick with us (Sergi) even when he wasn't getting minutes. We should put our trust on Sergi. He waited for his chance and proved us that he deserves to be at Barca. What we really need is a forward sub for MSN and CB to replace Vermaelen and Bartra.

I wonder why people hear are so obsess with him. Some people wants him back, some are mad that he left us. Can't we all just move on? It's like a boyfriend wanting his ex-girlfriend back when he's already with someone lol.

Last edited:

MasChe

it's pointless what could/couldn't have
happened, debates will always start again.
maybe we should lock the thread, because every time he plays good/bad, there will rise these same questions, and I can't see discussion ever going forward from here.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He left. Move on.

Just like Bellerin. He left and should stay loyal to Arsenal now and have fun there.

No hard feelings.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Like once a month or two this thread is on top and people hate/love on Thiago like 3-4 pages - same arguments every time, circle discussion with the pretty much the same conclusions :lol:

Barcilliant

Lol some people just can't move on, can they.

It's not as if Thiago has won the Balon d'Or since he left us. He's spent more time off the pitch then on it.

Our midfield is PACKED.

We need a proper cb and forward next season.

aaron101

He left. Move on.

Just like Bellerin. He left and should stay loyal to Arsenal now and have fun there.

No hard feelings.

I actually love his answer when he was interviewed. He was asked if he wants to go back to us, his answer was no, he said he's happy at Arsenal and wants to play there for a long time. He already moved on.

Trickykid

I actually love his answer when he was interviewed. He was asked if he wants to go back to us, his answer was no, he said he's happy at Arsenal and wants to play there for a long time. He already moved on.

Let's see if that's still the answer when we actually show tangible interest a few years down the line.

Trickykid

Any reason other than extreme stupidity(Barca DNA bla bla etc) for why would we show interest?

Big talent, born and bred in Barcelona, playing in a position that's most likely going to need heavy reinforcement in a couple of years. Do we need more reason?

Edit: oh, and he's playing at our feeder club. It should be pretty obvious really.

Cule4life

The Culest
Big talent, born and bred in Barcelona, playing in a position that's most likely going to need heavy reinforcement in a couple of years. Do we need more reason?

Edit: oh, and he's playing at our feeder club. It should be pretty obvious really.

Yeah that worked out well with Cesc.

We have Vidal. He'll be a beast. No need to overpay for yet another Arsenal player

Home of Barca Fans