Thiago Alcantara

Indignado

In an parallel universe... Thiago goes to Byern to be looked after by Pep. Rosell's plans fall apart in a couple years and before him Tito is gone, Laporta becomes president highers Pep after the Germans give up on the new coach who doesn't get them the big trophies, and along with Pep Thiago is brought back just when Xavi retires.

I think a lot of that is actually possible

Unbiased United

The Pogba reference is not quite fitting though. Pogba didn't get game time at all because Fergie was busy getting 60 year old Scholes back from retirement. Thiago has had over 100 caps in 2 seasons, despite suffering a ligament injury, in a squad with Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas in midfield. Now he believes he has better chances to make it to Brazil by playing more somewhere else but he's not going to get called up for the World Cup next year by playing for Manchester United. That's a guarantee. Spain's system = Barca's system. If he can't compete at Barca and decides to run away why would del Bosque nominate him for Spain?

Sorry, but its not a 'guarantee', or even close. If he did join us, United do well in the CL with and he has a stand out season, then he'd have a good chance of being called up I'd say.

You're right about the differences with the Pogba/Thiago comparison, but there are similarities too. They are both young, talented players who want to play more, and the fan reaction is quite similar. The point was just simply, that as a United fan I can empathise with your frustrations if he does leave.

Ursegor

World Champion
BNIW7CpCQAEFbZM.png

De Gea wrote "Nos Vemos en Manchester" on Thiago's match ball :lol:

We need a new goalkeeper. We should go for De Gea. He'll inevitably end here anyway some day. Don't see a Spaniard staying in rainy Manchester for 10+ years. Do they even have more than 1 good restaurant there? :pep:

Robbie

IMO, the writing was on the wall the moment Cesc was signed. Wasn't his dad/agent saying (back then) that if Cesc is in front of him, then he might not stay?

Mr Hulot

Redcafe members calling the people here Yanks and Gloryhunters :lol:

Who cares? I find it funny though how Ferguson and their players admire our club and playing style, but they such tough guys, loyal, hard-boiled, Manchester-raised kids that they are showing us no respect. Their insecurity is definitely amusing!

XaviMessiGirl

think u need to understand good banter between two club supporters' forum is not bad. Quite beta. It's football. :lol:

We've already had to ban a few Utd fans (presumably from there but can't tell for sure) who registered here to try to troll & talk shit, we'd rather avoid instigating more.

Galning

Please stop going off topic. I'm sure I don't need to remind anyone that this is Thiago's thread, not the "what do people on redcafe say about barcaforum"..

Home of Barca Fans