User Tag List

Page 999 of 999 FirstFirst ... 499899949989997998999
Results 14,971 to 14,976 of 14976

Thread: Thiago Alcantara

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'd never go to Real Madrid, especially not when there's an open position for him at Barça.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't be the first Barca fan playing for Real.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    He'd never go to Real Madrid, especially not when there's an open position for him at Barça.
    Is this a joke? After he joined Bayern he said he wouldn't have had a problem to join Real either.

Vice President of FC Barcelona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MessiCam View Post
    @BBZ8800, Thiago is a magnificent player defensively too. He makes way more tackles and interceptions than Rakitic. He is just a better midfielder all round.

I don’t know why this is even being debated.
    Bundesliga midfield defensive stats are not comparable to la liga according to a friend of mine who watches alot of Bundesliga matches.

According to him teams there play more chaotically, for the lack of a better word, with possession quickly switching compared to liga or even epl teams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrox View Post
    Bundesliga midfield defensive stats are not comparable to la liga according to a friend of mine who watches alot of Bundesliga matches.

According to him teams there play more chaotically, for the lack of a better word, with possession quickly switching compared to liga or even epl teams
    Its true to an extent but both have pretty much the same stats in league and CL, so what's the explanation for that? They are on par in intercepts and Thiago has more tackles. Not too shabby considering many make it look like Thiago can't defend at all.

And Rakitic is our best CM defensively, compare him to Paulinho, Gomes or Iniesta and its actually funny how bad our midfielders are defensively.

Some people also seem to forget that we don't have to play with the same midfield every game. It's not like we have to drop Rakitic from the squad, they could also play together if needed. Thiago is versatile, he could play at every midfield position. He would just be a huge improvement all around. The only bad thing are his injuries that are a problem.
    Last edited by MTL_Barca; Today at 02:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the market progresses, I grudgingly admit that Thiago is probably the best 24-27 year old option to go for while allowing Arthur and/or De Jong to develop.

I can see why Segura would be p*ssed about him returning, especially considering that he renewed his contract last season.

But then again if these guys can blow 40million on Paulinho from China, how the hell are they going to negotiate a good deal with Bayern, Juve or Spurs for prime aged mids?