Thiago Alcantara

SeloBarca

For many here aswell it seems :/
1. Hes 27
2. Hes not that great
3. Hes not a CM, nor an AM. Doesnt really fit in anywhere.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Thiago has not been the main culprit for Bayern in their disappointing eliminations. He has had some bad games and some very good ones, the attackers though have been completely misfiring for years in the CL. Thiago creates chances at a good enough level in many games, they just hardly ever finish them. Ribery, Lewandowski, Muller, etc. All have been poor.

Thiago isn't good enough to lead a CL winning team as its best player. But here at Barca he would have Messi, Coutinho, and Griezmann doing serious damage in the final third as well as Busquets behind him. That's a good enough support system for him to not need to do it all in the CL. Just keep the tempo rolling and play progressive passes, that's a majority of what Kroos does for RM in the Champions League these days.

Trickykid

No way, Eriksen would cost much more than 50 mil.

So would Thiago. Just because a pundit claims he'd sell at that price, doesn't mean the club actually will.
That said, Eriksen would still be vastly more expensive and for our needs I'd take Thiago any day of the week.

MTL_Barca

The only chance to get Thiago would be Bayern wanting to sell so IF there is a small chance the price might be somewhat reasonable. Like 60M or so. Levy will probably not even listen to us for less than like 100M, the PL is tough and money doesn't help them fight for the CL since they can't properly replace a player like him anyway so for them it's probably better to keep him and then sell for like 40M with one year left on the contract if that helps them make top 4 again.

But i don't see either of them joining this summer. Bayern won't sell imo and Eriksen would be way too expensive. We will buy Griezmann for 100M, get Arthur in wintee, need to get another CB if we loan out Mina (what we have to do or Arthur cant join us)...where should all that money come from? Maybe we get another 30M midfielder like Ruiz but i don't see us spending more.

Home of Barca Fans