Thiago Alcantara

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
You guys do know Segura once again rejected the idea of going for Thiago right? It was in MD like yesterday that he can only come for free or not at all. If it is Segura's decision, which it is, then he won't be coming.

Our priorities for the moment are Arthur and De Jong.

MTL_Barca

You guys do know Segura once again rejected the idea of going for Thiago right? It was in MD like yesterday that he can only come for free or not at all. If it is Segura's decision, which it is, then he won't be coming.

Well the whole Griezmann thing will be seen as a big failure and somebody has to pay for it :bartomeu:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Well the whole Griezmann thing will be seen as a big failure and somebody has to pay for it :bartomeu:

I refuse to believe that the board didn't know until just now that Griezmann was staying. That would make absolutely no sense, they've probably known for at least a week and probably a few.

So, Segura has once again openly turned down Thiago already having known Griezmann was a closed case and that they have an extra 100m to spend. If Thiago was hinging on that not going through, we'd have seen an approach by now.

I doubt it happens, unless there's some huge frenzy amongst journos about board discontent that forces Farto to intervene on Segura and buy a big name.

GOAT_SUAREZ

It's just tactics. Also Oscar Grau will have a say in it now.

YodaMaster

Im not comparing them, never said they were the same type of players. All i said is that i would take Eriksen over Thiago.

You have all the rights in the world to have preferences. But to be honest there is no urgency with a profile like Eriksen (AM) since we have Coutinho who’s not inferior to Eriksen and plays same positions. Thiago on the other hand is different from these 2 and we need his kind of player.

Home of Barca Fans