Thiago Alcantara

YodaMaster

[MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION] dude I'm done with you, you don't know how to debate. I misread at first and said Cesc was better (which he is in a particular defensive aspect), yeah cool mea culpa. What's you got now ? "They have different roles" so Rakitic's role is unique in the world, EV created a new position and role for Rakitic so you can't compare him with anyone. Whatever his role is we don't need it at Barça cause our midfield sucks and will suck even more now that Iniesta is gone. Thiago is a better player than Rakitic everywhere except shot from distance, including defensive contribution. You can continue your Fabregas jokes and focus on such a pointless detail. This whole thing was about Thiago and Rakitic. I said Thiago is better and I brought at least something to back up my point. Prove me wrong with something concrete or shut up.

JamDav1982

[MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION] dude I'm done with you, you don't know how to debate. I misread at first and said Cesc was better (which he is in a particular defensive aspect), yeah cool mea culpa. What's you got now ? "They have different roles" so Rakitic's role is unique in the world, EV created a new position and role for Rakitic so you can't compare him with anyone. Whatever his role is we don't need it at Barça cause our midfield sucks and will suck even more now that Iniesta is gone. Thiago is a better player than Rakitic everywhere except shot from distance, including defensive contribution. You can continue your Fabregas jokes and focus on such a pointless detail. This whole thing was about Thiago and Rakitic. I said Thiago is better and I brought at least something to back up my point. Prove me wrong with something concrete or shut up.

No their roles are different so cant point to stats such as tackles and interceptions which as you have shown have Fabregas as ahead of Raki and likes of Parejo better than Raki also.

You proved nothing with pointing to stats like that other than your ignorance.

Thiago is a better player but not some defensive great compared to Raki due to stats you dont understand.

Keep saying your done with me then keep responding more rubbish. Be same again.

Been one of the biggest critics of Raki from moment he signed so learn to even know what you are droning on about.

BBZ8800

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], Thiago is a magnificent player defensively too. He makes way more tackles and interceptions than Rakitic. He is just a better midfielder all round.

I don’t know why this is even being debated.

Just for fun.
I am not using those pages with stats, I am saying what I "see".

I think that those pages are flawed in lots of areas.
For example, can you check those stats for the last season, and check defensive stats for:
1. Rakitic
2. Denis
3. Dembele
4. Messi
** 5. Arda, while he was here, lol

I have a feeling that at least one of out these 3 defensive "ghosts" will on those pages have quite decent defensive stats.

6. you can even check Iniesta.
Probably Iniesta will be as good defender as Rakitic, probably :rolleyes:

So, can you please check them?

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Just for fun.

For example, can you check those stats for the last season, and check defensive stats for:
1. Rakitic
2. Denis
3. Dembele
4. Messi

I have a feeling that at least one of out these 3 defensive "ghosts" will on those pages have quite decent defensive stats.

Those radars are based on position templates. Like CM/DM (these include attacking as well as defensive contributions) where’s as AM/FW include attacking contributions only.

But here is Rakitic.

0zlaDqe_d.jpg

And here is Denis

QcxA9Jx_d.jpg

So that blows your theory out of the water...

What next?

BBZ8800

So that blows your theory out of the water...

What next?

Iniesta is a CM, right.
Can you compare him?
And if Arda was classed as a CM, can you compare his previous seasons at Barca with Rakitic?
Also, Rafinha, from previous seasons with Rakitic.

Also, Paulinho is horrible on those stats, right?
It seems as if he is not contributing to defense at all, according to stats.

Also, can you compare Thiago with other CM/DMs from Bayern?
To see whether he is better, the same or weaker than his actual teammates against the same opponents.
Thanks

YodaMaster

Just for fun.

1. Rakitic
2. Denis
3. Dembele
4. Messi

6. you can even check Iniesta.
Probably Iniesta will be as good defender as Rakitic, probably :rolleyes:

I hate being the stats guy but now that I started... I checked stats on whoscored.

Per game:

1. Tackles.
Rakitic: 1.4
Messi: 0.6
Dembelé: 0.5
Denis: 0.6
Arda: 2
Iniesta: 1

Thiago: 2.4

2. Interceptions
Rakitic: 1.3
Messi: 0.2
Dembelé: 0.3
Denis: 0.1
Arda: 0.4
Iniesta: 0.5

Thiago: 1.4

3. Fouls (not so relevant imo as it can be a good or bad thing)
Rakitic: 0.9
Messi: 0.4
Dembelé: 0.5
Denis: 0.4
Arda: 2
Iniesta: 0.5

Thiago: 1.2

4. Clearances
Rakitic: 0.3
Messi: 0
Dembelé: 0.1
Denis: 0.1
Arda: 0.4
Iniesta: 0.3

Thiago: 0.3

5. Dribbled past (normal for a mdifielder to get dribbled past more often than a striker)
Rakitic: 0.9
Messi: 0.5
Dembelé: 0.9
Denis: 0.5
Arda: 1.3
Iniesta: 0.9

Thiago: 0.7

6. Blocks
Rakitic: 0.2
Messi: 0
Dembelé: 0
Denis: 0
Arda: 0
Iniesta: 0.1

Thiago: 0.1

tacticvarium

Starting for Spain tonight. A good showing and he'll take Koke's place for the WC.

I love Thiago but Koke seems more reliable option as a DM though if they go for 4-2-3-1.
Koke is probably more suitable partner for Busi and he can replicate what Alonso did in 2010 WC and 2012 Euro.

Joan

I love Thiago but Koke seems more reliable option as a DM though if they go for 4-2-3-1.
Koke is probably more suitable partner for Busi and he can replicate what Alonso did in 2010 WC.

Don't think so. Thiago has been great for Spain in that role and will probably partner Busquets.

Joan

Speaking of stats, maybe if Rakitić improves his game he'll become nearly as good defender as Fabregas.

I think some here ignore what Rakitić brings to us. Just like Paulinho, physical presence. If we replace him, I'd like to see major improvements in offensive play from the middle. These are the important stats since Thiago is defensively solid.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Iniesta is a CM, right.
Can you compare him?
And if Arda was classed as a CM, can you compare his previous seasons at Barca with Rakitic?
Also, Rafinha, from previous seasons with Rakitic.

Also, Paulinho is horrible on those stats, right?
It seems as if he is not contributing to defense at all, according to stats.

Also, can you compare Thiago with other CM/DMs from Bayern?
To see whether he is better, the same or weaker than his actual teammates against the same opponents.
Thanks

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] it’s just the stats in a visual format. I’m sure you can look up the stats yourself.

As far as Thiago vs his teammates go. The only midfielder better in terms of defensive contribution is Vidal.

Home of Barca Fans