Thiago Alcantara

bismp

I'd take him back in a heartbeat.Our biggest problem right now(especially with Iniesta gone) is the midfield.We need a World-Class midfielder to help Messi and right now Thiago is the best available option.He is a top-5 midfielder in the world as far as talent is concerned,he is young and he has a decent price(considering we bought coutinho for 150 M or something).

Even with his injury history i'd take him over Gomes,Denis,Paulinho and even Rakitic combined.

gregorrin10

I'm against selling Digne, but if selling him is a part of getting a world class midfielder, i would absolutely do it. We can always give Cucurella a fair chance, or sign a cheap reliable backup, maybe even someone versatile, who can cover RB and CB too, if needed.

I would be lying if i said that going into the season having (also more injury prone than in previous seasons) Alba as the only good LB wouldn't make me nervous, but it's not like Digne is a world beater himself. We can do better there. While getting Thiago could be crucial for our aching midfield. It wouldn't solve all our problems (i still think we need another WC midfielder, even if we get Thiago, especially since with his injury history we can count on being without him 1 or 2 months of the season at least, Arthur coming in January would also be of big help there), but it would be a damn good start.

M

MessiCam

Wonder why his through balls is so low.. we need that too the transition from midfield to attack is where we’ve struggled.

He plays deeper recently. Look at his through balls as a 20 year old for Barça.

gregorrin10

He plays deeper recently. Look at his through balls as a 20 year old for Barça.

That's why, if he comes, he must be brought as Xavi replacement, but also able to play as Iniesta (which could especially be important after and if Arthur makes the Xavi spot his own). And having Arthur come in January would be the perfect backup, as he'll need the game time from the get go too, and with Thiago's injury history, he will surely get it. Just hope it's not in April and May. But we still need a Iniesta replacement, if Coutinho won't play in midfield exclusively. That's what happens when you don't act when you should, and then you need a Xavi AND Iniesta replacement at the same time. I guess Denis could be an option, but like with Coutinho, i trust him more up front on the wing. They should occupy the LW position, not freaking Suarez.

Joan

Thiago over Pjanic everyday and 7 times on Sunday...

Here is Thiago's radar CM/DM radar for the 2016/17 season

Even then it was clear that Thiago would turn into an amazing player. He may be a crock in terms of injuries but he is one fine midfielder.

Where do you find such graphics?

Do you have one for Arthur?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't think this narrative is even necessary. Thiago left for playing time beforemost anything.

Yeah, if he had gone for money he would've accepted United's offer who were chasing him all summer and willing to pay him big wages.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't think this narrative is even necessary. Thiago left for playing time beforemost anything.

I think he's saying that because there's conflict within the club about bringing him back. Mundo Deportivo have reported on multiple occasions that Pep Segura is adamant that no player that ever leaves Barcelona is welcome back, while Amor have a different view of this along with several other people in the club who have commented on how we've brought back players that left before with success. That every case should be judged differently.

There was talk about bringing him back last season before he renewed with reports he met Robert, something Thiago hasn't denied even when asked about it. Perhaps the reason that didn't happen is because of just that, Pep Segura overruling it. Only speculation, but it adds up to what he's said and about Robert's perceived lack of influence in signings after Segura's appointment.

Also, some people here believe he left on bad terms and is a traitor, while several people in the club don't think that way :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans