Thiago Alcantara

ASordidGod

He's far too injury prone , surely ??

It is a worry of course, but personally I still think he's worth it as arguably the best of his type of mid (along with Verratti) now that Modric is getting on. Kroos maybe you could make a claim for, and is definitely the better passer, but Thiago is much better on the ball. Just what you prefer, I guess. Either way I'd love to have Thiago back. And if/when he's injured rotate with Arthur. What I would say too, and this is almost certainly wishful thinking seeing as how even at Barca Thiago was prone to injuries, but isn't Bayern's medical department notoriously suspect? They've almost always got a few players injured, certainly, and I remember Guardiola when he was there having conflict with them. Anyway, like I say, probably just me making excuses, because Thiago is undoutedly a little frail. Personally though I still think he's worth it, think he's exactly what we need, but I understand I may be in the minority here.

Andrew M

It is a worry of course, but personally I still think he's worth it as arguably the best of his type of mid (along with Verratti) now that Modric is getting on. Kroos maybe you could make a claim for, and is definitely the better passer, but Thiago is much better on the ball. Just what you prefer, I guess. Either way I'd love to have Thiago back. And if/when he's injured rotate with Arthur. What I would say too, and this is almost certainly wishful thinking seeing as how even at Barca Thiago was prone to injuries, but isn't Bayern's medical department notoriously suspect? They've almost always got a few players injured, certainly, and I remember Guardiola when he was there having conflict with them. Anyway, like I say, probably just me making excuses, because Thiago is undoutedly a little frail. Personally though I still think he's worth it, think he's exactly what we need, but I understand I may be in the minority here.

It's evidently in his genes as his brother, Rafinha, gets injured a lot also. I believe their father did too

FCBfan22

Well, he'll be a good fit if we get him, but we need to be prepared that he'll mis 40% of the games due to injuries.

ASordidGod

Rumors are saying Bayern would want at least 50M. That's not too bad in this market.

If that's true we simply have to be in there. Hell, Arthur is 50 if we want him in the summer, and there's no guarentee he'll get anywhere near Thiago's level. Probably media bs though, sadly.

Joan

But not far from reality, sadly. Thiago is a great player, but made out of glass and considering how Valverde is rotating the squad, he would most likely get injured at the time when we would need him the most.

Might be a blessing in disguise.

Anyways, he doesn't usually perform when you need it the most.

But I'd take him anyday.

FCBfan22

Might be a blessing in disguise.

Anyways, he doesn't usually perform when you need it the most.

But I'd take him anyday.

Yeah, for 50 million, bring him home. Will bring more than Gomes, even if he is injured for 60% of the season. Would hesitate to pay anything more, TBH, because of injuries.

JamDav1982

Dont think it has been rumoured anywhere that Bayern would take 50m for him other than that journalist from final trying to make a point.

Joan

Yeah, for 50 million, bring him home. Would hesitate to pay anything more, TBH, because of injuries.

Niko Kovač likes Rakitić.

Would you trade Rakitić for Thiago? :thinking:

I honestly don't know, for us, he'd be an upgrade but Rakitić is more reliable. I think Ivan would be an upgrade for Bayern, though, TBF.

JamDav1982

Niko Kovač likes Rakitić.

Would you trade Rakitić for Thiago? :thinking:

I honestly don't know, for us, he'd be an upgrade but Rakitić is more reliable. I think Ivan would be an upgrade for Bayern, though, TBF.

I would keep Rakitic without a doubt.

Raki is decent cover for Busi and is better in some ways. Much better defensively and more mobile.

Fuck it would be inclined to drop Raki to DM and push Busi into CM.

Never happen though.

Home of Barca Fans