Thiago Alcantara

xXKonan

I want to know what's the difference between us going after an Ex La Masia player in Bellerin vs us not wanting to sign Thiago because we aren't interested in bringing back former La masia players.

It's not like Bellerin was some aspiring choice. He has about as much Barca DNA as Paulinho does despite him coming through La Masia. Something seems bitter about this, it's like the club/board doesn't want to swallow it's pride and admit it's possible that they got it wrong.

Not that I'm advocating for the signing of Thiago but you can't really claim and say "Yeah we aren't interested in signing back former players" then proceed to try and go after said player (Bellerin) while not wanting to sign Ex La Masia (Thiago) it just doesn't work like that.

FCBfan22

I want to know what's the difference between us going after an Ex La Masia player in Bellerin vs us not wanting to sign Thiago because we aren't interested in bringing back former La masia players.

It's not like Bellerin was some aspiring choice. He has about as much Barca DNA as Paulinho does despite him coming through La Masia. Something seems bitter about this, it's like the club/board doesn't want to swallow it's pride and admit it's possible that they got it wrong.

Not that I'm advocating for the signing of Thiago but you can't really claim and say "Yeah we aren't interested in signing back former players" then proceed to try and go after said player (Bellerin) while not wanting to sign Ex La Masia (Thiago) it just doesn't work like that.

We signed back Deloufeu, who most of us knew, that his 2nd stint at Barca will be a failure, because of his low footballing IQ. The board signed him anyway.

So someting is clearly rotten on Board-Thiago relation.

MTL_Barca

It's the same bullshit as always, not believing anything of that for a second. Contract till 2021 at Bayern and he just signed the extension last year. No way they sell, no way we pay them and if Thiago really wanted to come back he would have 1 year left on his contract now and not 3.

George_Costanza

It's the same bullshit as always, not believing anything of that for a second. Contract till 2021 at Bayern and he just signed the extension last year. No way they sell, no way we pay them and if Thiago really wanted to come back he would have 1 year left on his contract now and not 3.

If the player wants out, I don't think Bayern will say no. Thiago's wife and his kid still live in Barcelona would be enough reason for him to come back.

MTL_Barca

If the player wants out, I don't think Bayern will say no. Thiago's wife and his kid still live in Barcelona would be enough reason for him to come back.

And we will pull a Coutinho here and pay 100M+? Never, we get Arthur and maybe some other cheap midfielder, but I refuse to believe we pay Bayern big cash for Thiago. People talk about 50M, 60M but Bayern is way too smart for these kind of deals.

There was (and most likely is) still contact and there were a lot of stories about a possible transfer last year, then he signed an extension a month later and now he suddenly changed his mind? Well in this case he's just dumb as a rock lol. With 1 year left of contract we would be in a great position to get him, that way Real got Kroos for 30M and we got Rakitic for 25M, but he signed a new contract so that's not the case anymore.

For me that whole story is typical MD bullshit, they pull out these stories of players desperately wanting to join us and offering themselves all the time.

IF it was true and we could get him for 50M but refused, well that would mean Barto and friends are even stupider than Thiago in this case, but it sounds pretty unlikely to me. It's the same lies they always tell and people always believe them.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

And we will pull a Coutinho here and pay 100M+? Never, we get Arthur and maybe some other cheap midfielder, but I refuse to believe we pay Bayern big cash for Thiago. People talk about 50M, 60M but Bayern is way too smart for these kind of deals.

There was (and most likely is) still contact and there were a lot of stories about a possible transfer last year, then he signed an extension a month later and now he suddenly changed his mind? Well in this case he's just dumb as a rock lol. With 1 year left of contract we would be in a great position to get him, that way Real got Kroos for 30M and we got Rakitic for 25M, but he signed a new contract so that's not the case anymore.

For me that whole story is typical MD bullshit, they pull out these stories of players desperately wanting to join us and offering themselves all the time.

IF it was true and we could get him for 50M but refused, well that would mean Barto and friends are even stupider than Thiago in this case, but it sounds pretty unlikely to me. It's the same lies they always tell and people always believe them.

MD has nothing to do with this, it was RAC1 reporting it. And Roberto only contacted Thiago AFTER he signed an extension according to Sport. So, your story doesn't add up. And I do believe Barcelona can buy him back less than 100m, since Bayern bought him cheap, the player wants out for family reasons, and they already have many options covering his position.

MTL_Barca

MD has nothing to do with this, it was RAC1 reporting it. And Roberto only contacted Thiago AFTER he signed an extension according to Sport. So, your story doesn't add up. And I do believe Barcelona can buy him back less than 100m, since Bayern bought him cheap, the player wants out for family reasons, and they already have many options covering his position.

There were reports on a meeting in March 2017, new contract was signed in april after there was already a lot of talk about a possible comeback. I read something from MD but even RAC1 isn't as reliable as it used to be, there wa sp much talk on Verratti even on "reliable" sources last summer, not even talking about all the shit they all said about Neymars transfer. Still think it doesn't make any sense at all no matter who came up with it first this time.

Bayern can keep every player if they want to just like us, even if Thiago was considering it I don't think he would pull a Dembele and IF Bayern agrees to talk we can be sure they aren't dumb enough to give us Thiago for cheap.

I would be happy if he returned, quality player and exactly the type of midfielder we lack for years now but i don't see it happening no matter what spanish media says.

And again they also say we rejected him so even if you want to believe them it's not happening according to media. But i also think that part is complete bullshit, they were going for Bellerin last summer and now it's a problem? It's not even like Thiago forced his way out, he even said himself he would've stayed if he had the feeling the club thinks he's important or if somebody talked to him but we just let him go and even thought selling a sub for 25 is a good deal lol. Not taking him back for a laughable low price (talk about injuries all you want, 50M would be barely more than Paulinho or Arda cost us) now just because he left when he didn't have a chance to play while we desperately need to strengthen the midfield would be so stupid that I can't even describe it.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

There were reports on a meeting in March 2017, new contract was signed in april after there was already a lot of talk about a possible comeback. I read something from MD but even RAC1 isn't as reliable as it used to be, there wa sp much talk on Verratti even on "reliable" sources last summer, not even talking about all the shit they all said about Neymars transfer. Still think it doesn't make any sense at all no matter who came up with it first this time.

Bayern can keep every player if they want to just like us, even if Thiago was considering it I don't think he would pull a Dembele and IF Bayern agrees to talk we can be sure they aren't dumb enough to give us Thiago for cheap.

I would be happy if he returned, quality player and exactly the type of midfielder we lack for years now but i don't see it happening no matter what spanish media says.

And again they also say we rejected him so even if you want to believe them it's not happening according to media. But i also think that part is complete bullshit, they were going for Bellerin last summer and now it's a problem? It's not even like Thiago forced his way out, he even said himself he would've stayed if he had the feeling the club thinks he's important or if somebody talked to him but we just let him go and even thought selling a sub for 25 is a good deal lol. Not taking him back for a laughable low price (talk about injuries all you want, 50M would be barely more than Paulinho or Arda cost us) now just because he left when he didn't have a chance to play while we desperately need to strengthen the midfield would be so stupid that I can't even describe it.

Roberto watched Thiago last year in March and rumors of contact but nothing reliable and no outlet is claiming we did make an offer for him.

Also, Barcelona won't force any player to stay against his well. This was clear by Barto on many occasions. Same with Real, Zidane said that if any player isn't happy, he can leave and they did sell players like Di Maria, and Morata all at their peak. This is the mentality of a big club. If Thiago wants to leave and we are interested, it will be a matter of price. Rac1 saying 80m+

But his wife and kid are fine with life in Munich. She might go home when he is with the national team of in training camps - but they are usually in Munich.

George_Costanza

But his wife and kid are fine with life in Munich. She might go home when he is with the national team of in training camps - but they are usually in Munich.

What I read on Football Espana site they are in Barcelona, not Munich.

"Thiago’s wife and child still live in Barcelona and, after five full seasons in Germany, he is said to be open about the possibility of a move."

https://www.football-espana.net/71348/barca-cool-thiago-return

Yannik

"Thiago’s wife and child still live in Barcelona and, after five full seasons in Germany, he is said to be open about the possibility of a move."

https://www.instagram.com/juliavigas/?hl=de

Her insta is 90% Munich, and in the desciption she also states Munich to be her current home and I think it was also posted somewhere that she ran a little shop there.

Last edited:

The article is wrong in that aspect. I follow her in her social media accounts (and Thiago) since they came to Germany. They use the accomodations they have with money - like flying over the family to Germany for birthdays etc. - or her making trips with girlfriends - but Munich is their home and they seem to enjoy a lot time exploring the Munich area, too.

Home of Barca Fans