Thiago Alcantara

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He looked good because Madrid left about 30m between each of their lines. I guarantee rakitic would have looked world class tonight.

However against a bus or when his team needs him in a tough spot, Thiago is not the man.

Excuses. Real Madrid sat back a lot too and he played a great game. Rakitic is hardly mobile enough to do anything unless given 30m to run into.

Criticized Thiago last game, but credit where it's due. Played very well tonight. Him and James were leagues above any other Bayern player on the pitch and would have led them to a comeback win had they had a competent player up front. Lewandowski and Muller in particular were a disgrace.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
no thanks , don't wan't to waste money on an injury proned player or who goes missing in 7 out of 10 important games

We'll probably stay content with Arthur anyway and expect Messi to pull off a masterclass while Cristiano had absolutely no attacking impact in these two games, but other players stepped up for Real Madrid.

serghei

Well you should maybe not only watch him in semifinals then. He played very great matches agiainst Arsenal and vs Atletico in the group stage aswell. Also regularly pulls out 10/10 performances in the elague vs the bigger names like Dortmund or Leipzig last year when they were still challenging. He is a brilliant player, I've said this very often, but he isn't gonna drag the team when it's playing shit.

I meant high profile game.

Saladin

Thiago would be an absolute gem on our team, exactly the kind of player we need; I tend to agree with Xavi, though, on his comments about players coming back after leaving Barca - We generally should not reintroduce players to the team, who have already refused to fight for a spot in our starting 11 (i.e. players as Thiago, Cesc, etc.) -

HOWEVER... Thiago was an absolute beast tonight, he got substituted a week ago after an injury spell, played horrendously and already 6 days later is in the starting formation, absolutely dominating the midfield today. We need his vision, his flair, his technique, his control + his defensive skills was off the charts tonight. Wow, if he just played like he did tonight in 40 % of the games for us, he would be a Barca legend in a couple of years time for sure, no joke.

Thiago deserves another shot, if he is willing to give his all to play for us.

Xaviniesta

he was great. outplaying and dominating the midfield against modric and kroos. enough said.

people here are overreacting because bayern couldn't get the job done. its the attack that shat the bed

Raketa10

He was fantastic! He outplayed every single midfielder yesterday by a huge margin. I would take him back in a heartbeat and unlike most people here I rate him higher than Verratti. IMHO he is in top 5 CM players in the world and if he stayed healthy he would have been probably the best by now.

Last edited:

jamrock

After a game like that Bayern aren't going to sell him, they need to replace the useless ribery & a aging robben, plus maybe lewa so to sell one of the top midfielders in the game makes zero sense.

Saladin

After a game like that Bayern aren't going to sell him, they need to replace the useless ribery & a aging robben, plus maybe lewa so to sell one of the top midfielders in the game makes zero sense.

They will acquire Goretzka this summer and activate James buy-out deal with Real. Plus they have Tolisso, Vidal, Martinez in midfield as well. We could get Thiago back if it was a priority. 70-80 mil euros would suffice, however the club would need to sell all of our fringe players for a good deal, which seems unlikely.

Yannik

They will acquire Goretzka this summer and activate James buy-out deal with Real. Plus they have Tolisso, Vidal, Martinez in midfield as well. We could get Thiago back if it was a priority. 70-80 mil euros would suffice, however the club would need to sell all of our fringe players for a good deal, which seems unlikely.

Vidal is likely to leave at the end of the season. I don't see Bayern selling Thiago unless he really asks to leave. I also however don't think Thiago wants to leave at the moment, he seems genuinely happy with his current situation. I can see him returning to Barca at some point, but not at the moment.

footyfan

Calma, calma
He was fantastic! He outplayed every single midfielder yesterday by a huge margin. I would take him back in a heartbeat and unlike most people here I rate him higher than Verratti. IMHO he is in top 5 CM players in the world and if he stayed healthy he would have been probably the best by now.

lmao James was far better than him.

FCBfan22

The problem with him are the injuries. For 70 million, I wouldn't want a player, who is injured 3-4 months in a season.

Home of Barca Fans