Thiago Alcantara

BBZ8800

Screw you and your:
1. Statistics
2. False facts
3. Your mathematical approach to football.
Because you don't do maths with art.

Statistics say CR7 is the best player in football history.
Statistics say Gomes is the best passer in Europe.
Facts say Portugal was the best team in Europe cause they won Euro 2016.

I read this forum every day and I'm so tired of your posts and the way you tell trash things thinking you're fookin Nostradamus.
We won 2 CL's with Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta aka "the weak players" and went each year to semi-finals with them. And in 2011 when we saw the best Barça ever, Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta had Messi-Villa-Pedro in front of them. That's 5 players who are 1,70m + Busquets "the weak one".

A good one.
When you start a reply how we won something with small players in 2009 or 2011, when the opponents haven't figured out Tiki-Taka yet and when we had 2 best Cms ever, in their prime...
Well, that's beyond crazy reply.

You'll need 20 years until you will figure out that football is evolving all the time.

The best right-back in our history was another 1,70m "weak" guy in Dani Alves. You're so wrong it isn't even funny dude. I guess the 92 Dream Team had also weak players in Pep, Eusebio, Laudrup, Juan Carlos, Goikoetxea, Bakero,...

So, Barca won a CL in 1992 with short players, and that is "a proof" how it is working?
Milan won way more titles in that era, with more physical (and yet technical) players.
What about that then?
Physique won even then.

The Real Madrid team who won 3 CL's in 4 years also had "weak players" right ? You know them Modric, Kroos, Isco, Marcelo, Carvajal, Benzema.

You are reading my posts, but you either didn't read them or you didn't get them.
You can have a few Iniestas and Coutinhos on a field.
You CAN'T have 11 Iniestas on a field in 2018, though, that is my point.

RM had some short players, but in general, their recent team:
1. is taller and physically stronger than ours
2. is way faster than our team
3. they can score goals with feet, head, longshots and set pieces due to their different physical profile

We can score goals only in one way though (through the ground, with feet, from inside of a box), which makes us one dimensional when the opponent neutralizes us.

The only fact here is that you don't know what you're talking about. Small guys are simply the best in football.

Yes.
This is why teams filled with short players have been winning CLs and World cups AFTER Tiki-Taka has been figured out.
Oh, wait.
They didn't won a single big trophy, more or less (except MSN's Barca).

Who are the best players in football history ? Pele, Maradona, Messi. 1,70m guys.

Messi is awesome.
Put him in a slightly more physical team like a current RM or Bayern (in the last 5-6 years), and he would have won more CLs very likely.

That's enough proof. Why isn't England national team doing well with all their physical players ?

Because England suck.
Why isn't Spain winning trophies anymore AFTER Tiki-Taka has been figured out, even though they have short players?
Also, why Spain never won anything (except one Euro 50 years ago), UNTIL Tiki-Taka (which worked for 3-4 years), if short players are so magical?
So, why was Spain losing for 100 years, except during a Golden Tiki-Taka era?

So, maybe it is NOT about short players, but:
1. Tiki-Taka and opponents who didn't have a clue for a few years how to defend against it
2. having Xavi and Iniesta (and Busi) together in a team

If you would put Xavi and Iniesta in England's team, even those guys would probably win 1 Euro or a World cup.

Paulinho is shit. We don't need him in the starting 11. What did his physicality bring ? He loses all his duels, he never gets the ball from the opponent, the small weak Iniesta and Busquets bring more defensively than this guy. I have nothing against physical players as long as they are great with their feet.

This is why we have +20 points over RM.
Which never happened with short players.

But, don't look at stats.
Stats are bad.

I can't believe that this BBZ guy is a Barça fan and at the same time is a "physical players" fan. Are you aware that this club historically has shined the most with small technical players, not with big muscles guys like Paulinho ...? Do you want me to show you videos of small weak Barça guys making fun of big physical players like Xabi-Lass-Khedira (5-0 Clasico) or Carrick-Rooney-Valencia-Park (3-1 CL final) ?

You will live in 2009 for the next 50 years, won't you?
Yes, 2009 was a great year.
We are in 2018 now.

There were a lot of times when physical guys were making fan of our short guys.
Do I need to post Chelsea:Barcelona 4:2 one more time, over and over?

Sometimes short guys rule.
Sometimes stronger guys rule.
But imo, the thing is, that lately teams with filled with MOSTLY short guys are winning way less than in 1992 or in 2009.

About me being Barca's fan.
Imagine that we continue with short guys.
And that we fail over and over for the next 50 years.
Would you:
1. continue with short guys further even though we are losing all the time?
2. or would you try to evolve and try something new, even though a new thing may be different to our classical approach?

You don't need to answer. I already see that you would rather lose all the time playing "Barca's way" than trying to evolve and try something new.

Why don't you talk about the 6-1 vs PSG ? Because in that match the weak Barça players ate alive the strong PSG midfielders. Barça's problem is not lack of physicality.

1. physical players from PSG ate Barca in the first match 4:0
2. then we won 6:1
3. then physical guys from Juve ate as alive again 2 weeks later with 3:0

Why don't you talk about that?

The problem is the lack of quality midfielders. The only top midfielders we have are Busquets and Iniesta who'll turn 34. A midfield made of Thiago-Busquets-Verratti wouldn't be physically strong but despite that it would be the best midfield in the world easily. Miles better than Paulinho-Rakitic-Gomes (3 physically strong midfielders).

This is forum.
We post opinions here.
I personally don't want to see a 3 men midfield in 2018, where 2 guys are around 170cm, with Messi (who doesn't defend) and Dembele (who can't defend) are infront of him.
Imo, the same as majority of posters, you are looking at football in a simplified way.
Pele this, Maradona that, Thiago this, Verratti that.
You are looking only at shiny players with nice passes and technical skills.

Where is a word defending and some balance in your ideas?
You say that we lack quality midfielders.
Imo, no. For majority of time in our history, we lacked balance.
We always play too attacking and we usually (except during Xavi-Iniesta) didn't have too much stability in defense nor in midfield (in terms of defending).

And dude you were the one hoping that Barça brings in Griezmann and now you're like "we can't play with Coutinho, Iniesta and Dembélé because we need Paulinho and Rakitic in the 11". How bringing in freaking Griezmann will help ? Do you plan on benching 2 or 3 players who cost 150 millions each ? What's wrong with you Mr.Logic ?

My opinion is that Dembele won't make it.
And that Suarez is old and will be benched soon.

So, we could play 442 with Cou-Raki-Busi-someone plus Messi and Griezz in attack.

But if Iniesta will be a starter for 1-2 years, if Suarez will want to play for 5 more years, if Dembele will need to be a starter, then yes, we are in big problems.
I would buy Griezmann and benched/sell some players.
But that will never happen.

So, again, yes, we'll have problems.

Griezmann/Suarez-Messi-Dembele

Coutinho-Busquets-Thiago

Alba-Umtiti-Pique-Semedo/Roberto

Ter Stegen

That is a team right there that could realistically win back to back CLs.

In attacking sense, on paper that team looks good.

In defense, that midfield (Coutinho and Thiago) plus Messi and Dembele (zero defending) could win a CL only if we'll face Basel, Shakthtar, Porto and Arsenal on our road to a CL final each year.
That is basically a team with 4-5 players who are not defending at all (Messi, Luis, Dembele, Coutinho and then Thiago and Busi will defend alone)

Thiago and Coutinho could play though, in 442 with Busquets and Rakitic.
But then Dembele and Griezmann/Suarez will watch matches on a Tv.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] making crazy claims again. Man City murdering a physical league with small, technical players.

Aguero - 1.73 m
G. Jesus - 1.75 m
Sane - 1.83 m
KdB - 1.81 m
Sterling - 1.70 m
B. Silva - 1.73 m
D. Silva - 1.70 m
Gundogan - 1.80 m
Fernandinho - 1.79 m
Zinchenko - 1.75 m

Now he is going to say it’s not the players. It’s the coach...

Further than that you’re audacious enough to call others view simplified when Barça’s way of defending has been with the ball and winning it back high up the pitch.

With Valverde it’s very seldom that pressure starts high up the pitch with aim of winning the ball back to create attacking spaces. With him the first instinct is to retreat into defensive shape. I don’t like that.

Last edited:

God Serena

If Thiago comes back this summer he'll be 27. Not exactly young anymore but it's not as if Rakitic, Suarez, Mathieu, etc. were youngsters when they came. He's clearly a class above our current crop of midfielders bar Iniesta. Considering all the tens of millions the club will happily waste on trash players every other summer price probably shouldn't be an issue. If we spend a lot on Thiago I could probably live without signing another Paulinho, Gomes, Arda or Paco.

The main thing that concerns me is how incredibly injury prone he is. It was a problem for him when he was here, it's a problem for him at Bayern, and it's hard to imagine him staying healthy with us now. Same situation as his brother, really. Such a shame.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] making crazy claims again. Man City murdering a physical league with small, technical players.

Aguero - 1.73 m
G. Jesus - 1.75 m
Sane - 1.83 m
KdB - 1.81 m
Sterling - 1.70 m
B. Silva - 1.73 m
D. Silva - 1.70 m
Gundogan - 1.80 m
Fernandinho - 1.79 m
Zinchenko - 1.75 m

Now he is going to say it’s not the players. It’s the coach...

Further than that you’re audacious enough to call others view simplified when Barça’s way of defending has been with the ball and winning it back high up the pitch.

With Valverde it’s very seldom that pressure starts high up the pitch with aim of winning the ball back to create attacking spaces. With him the first instinct is to retreat into defensive shape. I don’t like that.

He will ask you to start the discussion about City when they win the CL

ASordidGod

I know lots of you consider this guy a traitor but personally I love him so much as a player. Would give anything to have him back in the midfield.

Should have kept him back then or at least found a replacement. Now he's 5 years older and with his injury history I'm not sure we should risk 70m+ on him. If he weren't so injury prone I'd shell out 100m easy.

Last edited:

Devils

You’d have to be mad to spend big money on a player as injury prone as he is.

Just a big headache to deal with on a frequent basis.

Cule4life

The Culest
We already have Vermalean and Dembele occupying the hospital. As a wise man once said three's a crowd.

Ship out Paulinho and get Arthur next season

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Saw a video where his wife was giving his son Barca themed football to play with. Thiago got lucky with that one, already turning his son into a Barca fan lel.

Home of Barca Fans