Thiago Alcantara

Yannik

JamDav, you also said De Bruyne wasn't showing worldclass consistency before moving to City. I do not at all believe you actually watch Bundesliga, yet you constantly have an opinion because you saw like the odd game somewhere. Your assumptions about Thiago's defensive or playmaking ability are hilarious.The player you attempt to describe is closer to someone like Arda Turan, than actually Thiago Alcantara.

behindbrowneyes

If we brought him back this summer with Coutinho, we would have the best MF in the world by a wide margin again. Imho, only Kroos can compete with him as far as best controlling/tempo CM in the world and Pep sold Kroos to make room for Thiago.

Not really. Pep liked Kroos but Bayern didn't want to keep him at any price. Kroos was disappointed with their offer. He went to Real because they offered him much higher wages. In the end he did everything right.

JamDav1982

JamDav, you also said De Bruyne wasn't showing worldclass consistency before moving to City. I do not at all believe you actually watch Bundesliga, yet you constantly have an opinion because you saw like the odd game somewhere. Your assumptions about Thiago's defensive or playmaking ability are hilarious.The player you attempt to describe is closer to someone like Arda Turan, than actually Thiago Alcantara.

Nah I never said that I said he had reached a new level in a new role in midfield.

I dont believe you watch enough EPL to comment on Coutinho.

Nah nothing like Arda and seen plenty Thiago. Try again big man.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not really. Pep liked Kroos but Bayern didn't want to keep him at any price. Kroos was disappointed with their offer. He went to Real because they offered him much higher wages. In the end he did everything right.

That's false, Pep wanted to keep him at any price, even Kroos has said Pep wanted him to stay, but that he felt disrespected by Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Bayern's lowball offers. And the fact that he isn't Bavarian so had no emotional connection made it easier for him to leave.

Pep had no control over his contract negotiations.

serghei

No offense, but Bundesliga is a one team league. You need something more than just very good games in Bundesliga to be called world class.

behindbrowneyes

That's false, Pep wanted to keep him at any price, even Kroos has said Pep wanted him to stay, but that he felt disrespected by Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Bayern's lowball offers. And the fact that he isn't Bavarian so had no emotional connection made it easier for him to leave.

Pep had no control over his contract negotiations.

I have written nothing else.

serghei

Has Coutinho singlehandedly dominated the midfield in Europe?

Why did you add singlehandedly? You know that's impossible to begin with. Coutinho and other players play in a very tough league, which is far ahead of the Bundesliga (EPL have 5 teams in the CL, compared to only 1 from Germany). A lot of CL level matches there, as opposed to Bundesliga where there is basically no fight at the top for the last 3-4 seasons.

JamDav1982

Why did you add singlehandedly? You know that's impossible to begin with. Coutinho and other players play in a very tough league, which is far ahead of the Bundesliga (EPL have 5 teams in the CL, compared to only 1 from Germany). A lot of CL level matches there, as opposed to Bundesliga where there is basically no fight at the top for the last 3-4 seasons.

Must be this Arsenal game again that seem to be a career defining game against such a top side.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Who has in comparison?

If Arsenal is any standard here then it says it all.

I find it a stupid criteria here to begin with. Don't know where it came from. Could've put Coutinho in Bayern and result would have been same.

You're alluding to Thiago not managing to absolutely dominate the midfield for Bayern against Real Madrid like he's the only one who failed lol, that's why I added singlehandedly.

De Bruyne tore Bayern apart whenever they met and Bayern a better team than any of the PL teams the last few years until this season.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I find it a stupid criteria here to begin with. Don't know where it came from.

You're alluding to Thiago not managing to absolutely dominate the midfield for Bayern against Real Madrid like he's the only one who failed lol, that's why I added singlehandedly.

De Bruyne tore Bayern apart whenever they met and Bayern a better team than any of the PL teams the last few years until this season.

When did Thiago single handedly dominate the Real midfield?

serghei

I find it a stupid criteria here to begin with. Don't know where it came from.

No, he played well against Madrid. Not great, but well. He played very poorly against Barca in 2015, and very poorly away to Atletico in 2016, when he was even benched in the return leg by Guardiola.

Would you call Mertens world class? He's amazing in Serie A, and Serie A is a better league than Bundesliga atm. I wouldn't because he hasn't done it at the highest level. Which is what world class is about for me.

Similar case with Fekir. Wouldn't call him world class even if he does wonders in Ligue 1. Ligue 1 is a 2nd rate league. Just like I didn't think Mikhitaryan was world class when he was voted best player in the Bundesliga in 2016.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans