Thiago Alcantara

1993Kaan1993

BM let Kroos go just because they didn't offer him 13 m euros wage, now they gave Thiago 15 m euros after one good season. Weird decisions.

we missed out on Kroos, which was a big mistake. We let both Thiago and Fabregas go.

Nostradamus, Boateng was only a name this season. Whenever l watch BM games, he was horrible. Müller too. slow and pathetic.

mark1nhu

BM let Kroos go just because they didn't offer him 13 m euros wage, now they gave Thiago 15 m euros after one good season. Weird decisions.

we missed out on Kroos, which was a big mistake. We let both Thiago and Fabregas go.

Nostradamus, Boateng was only a name this season. Whenever l watch BM games, he was horrible. Müller too. slow and pathetic.

Well, that's the bright side of mistakes: not repeating them.

I am sure Bayern remembered about Kroos and decided to not take any risk this time.

bismp

Back in 2013 we had Thiago and Cesc,who were destined to replace Xavi and Iniesta.Now we have Gomes and try to sign Paulinho.Great times...

khaled_a_d

Back in 2013 we had Thiago and Cesc,who were destined to replace Xavi and Iniesta.Now we have Gomes and try to sign Paulinho.Great times...

And how that worked for us? One was terrible fit and the other left and stayed 2 years with injuries and became world class after few years. We brought Rakitic and he got us more impact than those two had in 2013.

bismp

And how that worked for us? One was terrible fit and the other left and stayed 2 years with injuries and became world class after few years. We brought Rakitic and he got us more impact than those two had in 2013.

Yeah but look at us now.

Iniesta is old,nowhere near the player he used to be even 3-4 years ago.Rakitic has been really inconsistent the past 2 seasons.Busi also hasn't been great.Gomes and Arda are shit.Denis and Rafinha are not starter quality,at least not yet.Samper seems gone.Our best hope is Sergi Roberto,who has had 1,5 good seasons as a RB,but hasn't proven himself as a Barca quality midfielder.

Look our midfield and compare it to other teams: Real,Bayern,Chelsea,PSG etc.We basically have the worst midfield among the top teams.We saw it last season,when every single La Liga team challenged us,and in the meanwhile we were obliterated by good teams in the UCL,like Juventus,City and PSG.

We are in desperate need of midfield reinforcements.We need a guy like Verratti,Kroos or Thiago.I mean top quality players,not rising stars (who are unproven against tough opposition) like Seri or Jorginho and certainly not players like Paulinho for god's sake.Sadly,we don't have enough money.And even if we sell Ney and get this huge boost in our transfer funds,even then,almost all of these world-class players are unavailable...

khaled_a_d

Yeah but look at us now.

Iniesta is old,nowhere near the player he used to be even 3-4 years ago.Rakitic has been really inconsistent the past 2 seasons.Busi also hasn't been great.Gomes and Arda are shit.Denis and Rafinha are not starter quality,at least not yet.Samper seems gone.Our best hope is Sergi Roberto,who has had 1,5 good seasons as a RB,but hasn't proven himself as a Barca quality midfielder.

Our midfield back then was shit, Xavi was old and overused and should have played less minutes that season. Cesc was bad fit, Thiago was young and needed years to be productive and left us. We only had Iniesta.
The situation back then doesn't look better to me, better names not better midfield. It was fixed by Rakitic signing and proper coach. I don't see a reason it won't be fixed with right moves.

bismp

Our midfield back then was shit, Xavi was old and overused and should have played less minutes that season. Cesc was bad fit, Thiago was young and needed years to be productive and left us. We only had Iniesta.
The situation back then doesn't look better to me, better names not better midfield. It was fixed by Rakitic signing and proper coach. I don't see a reason it won't be fixed with right moves.

Yeah,but the whole team was 4 years younger back then.

khaled_a_d

Yeah,but the whole team was 4 years younger back then.

MATS is younger thab VV back then
Umtiti is younger than Puyol
Alba is younger than Abidal
Semedo is younger than Alves
Iniesta same age as Xavi
Rakitic same age as Iniesta (that is assuming him and Iniesta will start next year)
Neyar younger than Pedro, Suarez younger than Villa
Pique,Messi and Busquets are older. But the squad isn't that old. In both cases we needed renewal. At least we had made our bench deeper now than in 2013

bismp

MATS is younger thab VV back then
Umtiti is younger than Puyol
Alba is younger than Abidal
Semedo is younger than Alves
Iniesta same age as Xavi
Rakitic same age as Iniesta (that is assuming him and Iniesta will start next year)
Neyar younger than Pedro, Suarez younger than Villa
Pique,Messi and Busquets are older. But the squad isn't that old. In both cases we needed renewal. At least we had made our bench deeper now than in 2013

To be clear,this is just a conversation,i'm not arguing with you or anything:

MATS > 2013 VV
Umtiti > 2013 Puyol
Alba < 2013 Alba(Alba was already a starter back then)
Semedo <<< 2013 Alves
Iniesta =< 2013 Xavi
Rakitic <<< 2013 Iniesta
Neymar > 2013 Pedro,Sanchez
Suarez >>> 2013 Villa
Pique,Messi,Busi < 2013 PMB (2013 Messi was GOAT)
Gomes,Denis,Rafinha < 2013 Thiago

We were in better shape back then

Home of Barca Fans