Thiago Alcantara

Yannik

It is, but I doubt the contract wont be extended beginning next season.

Relatively unlikely I'd say. You can make an argument that he extended his contract only 4 years instead of the usual 5 and that he might therefor consider moving, but I wouldn't put my money on that.
Bayern has only lost like 2 players against their will in the past years with Kroos and Ballack. They are pretty similar to Barca & Madrid in the way the plaers view the club, they don't see any way they could upgrade.
Very, very unusual that they'd loose a player like him, let alone that he'd return to Barca then.

He seems to feel very well in Munich. I guess it is telling when a Spaniard instead of flying home on his free days (like others did) spends two days in the snow in the Alps.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Not that the board are saints or anything, but blackmailing the board/manager for playing time and being a glory hunter in general...... I say screw him

God Serena

Not that the board are saints or anything, but blackmailing the board/manager for playing time and being a glory hunter in general...... I say screw him

At the beginning of the year my boss gave me 1000 marbles. He said I can do anything I want with those marbles. My brother works as an employee for me and says that all he wants in return, is 100 of my 1000 marbles. I tell him that won't be a problem. As the year goes by, I give some of my marbles to friends, I lose a few, but in the last 3-4 months I still have over 500 marbles. My brother calls me one day and asks, "Hey man, can I have the 100 marbles? I don't have very many and I'd really appreciate it."

So I call him up and he comes over to my house... where I proceed to look him directly in the eye, and pour all 500 of my remaining marbles into the trash can. How dare this bastard blackmail *ME*?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
At the beginning of the year my boss gave me 1000 marbles. He said I can do anything I want with those marbles. My brother works as an employee for me and says that all he wants in return, is 100 of my 1000 marbles. I tell him that won't be a problem. As the year goes by, I give some of my marbles to friends, I lose a few, but in the last 3-4 months I still have over 500 marbles. My brother calls me one day and asks, "Hey man, can I have the 100 marbles? I don't have very many and I'd really appreciate it."

So I call him up and he comes over to my house... where I proceed to look him directly in the eye, and pour all 500 of my remaining marbles into the trash can. How dare this bastard blackmail *ME*?

Cool story. I wanna know if your brother was available to work all year and then claimed his share of the money or done it just like that without having worked at all.

As I said, the board are not saints. But Thiago is not one either. More of a glory hunter

Yannik

I wouldn't call it 'blackmailing', it was simply a clause in his contract that he took advantage off. It's as if we're calling release clauses now blackmailing. Players want a little power over themselves. iirc Thiago had a clause in his contract that said "if he doesn't play at least 30mins in 50% of the matches then his release clause would drop to 25m." That happened then and Thiago felt unwell at Barca. Pep came knocking, promised a starter place in a team of the same calibre and Thiago said yes.

BarçaBarça

I wouldn't call it 'blackmailing', it was simply a clause in his contract that he took advantage off. It's as if we're calling release clauses now blackmailing. Players want a little power over themselves. iirc Thiago had a clause in his contract that said "if he doesn't play at least 30mins in 50% of the matches then his release clause would drop to 25m." That happened then and Thiago felt unwell at Barca. Pep came knocking, promised a starter place in a team of the same calibre and Thiago said yes.

And actually he wasn't far from reaching that, afaik, but Tito didn't play him anyway. Huge mistake, I'm not sure Bayern would have paid the box for him?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You do realize that Thiago actually met Zubi before he accepted Bayern's offer? That meeting did obviously not go as well as he wished.

It's not like Bayern came calling and Thiago packed his bags and ran away. He considered it, talked with family, talked with the club, and then decided to accept Bayern's offer.

We had won the league yet played a semi-injured Xavi and Cesc over him. What message does that send? Did you know Roberto was going to leave Barcelona before Lucho told him he had another position for him at the RB last season? It's the opposite situation.

Lucho told Roberto he would play and had a place in the team. Thiago got the other message and was allowed to leave. Neither Tito or Zubi actually went to him and told him that he would play a bit more or had other roles in the team.

Zubi's a legendary Barcelona player, but his tenure in his position can be described as this;

Thiago. Alex Song. Thomas Vermaelen.

Last edited:

xavi_the_Boss

You do realize that Thiago actually met Zubi before he accepted Bayern's offer? That meeting did obviously not go as well as he wished.

It's not like Bayern came calling and Thiago packed his bags and ran away. He considered it, talked with family, talked with the club, and then decided to accept Bayern's offer.

We had won the league yet played a semi-injured Xavi and Cesc over him. What message does that send? Did you know Roberto was going to leave Barcelona before Lucho told him he had another position for him at the RB last season? It's the opposite situation.

Lucho told Roberto he would play and had a place in the team. Thiago got the other message and was allowed to leave. Neither Tito or Zubi actually went to him and told him that he would play a bit more or had other roles in the team.

Zubi's a legendary Barcelona player, but his tenure in his position can be described as this;

Thiago. Alex Song. Thomas Vermaelen.

:suarez:

Total-Football

There is nothing to complain about. We gave him the middle finger when we signed Cesc Fabregas. It's one of Pep's fuck ups and no one else's.

MessiDinho10

There is nothing to complain about. We gave him the middle finger when we signed Cesc Fabregas. It's one of Pep's fuck ups and no one else's.

If Tito played him over Cesc he wouldn't have left. Both are at fault, but Tito's decisions to favor Cesc, who played like shit all season, was in my opinion the biggest "go fuck yourself" to Thiago.

Home of Barca Fans