Thiago Alcantara

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

DennyCrane

Even though it is Guardian (still part of the notoriously bad English media :p) I still have my doubts. He repeatedly said recently that he wouldn't leave with Guardiola and that he is happy at Bayern. Also I don't think Bayern will sell him.

And if Pep wants him very, very much ? To boot out Yaya again for example ? :pep:

DennyCrane

My understanding is as long as Bayern says no, Guardiola can take a hike and get lost.

Of course, I hope he does depart Bayern.

If Thiago pushes for a move though, Bayern has to negotiate. Can't build a team around a player who doesn't want to even be there in the first place. Thiago's statements about wanting to stay are all fair and well, but I'm willing to bet he'll sing a different tune if Carlo doesn't see him in the starting 11 next season. If that's the case, Pep can unsettle him easily by promising playing time in Manchester.

By the way, I'm by no means convinced that this transfer will happen, it just seems very plausible to me.

Last edited:

DrPepper

Makes perfect sense tbh. Has most likely realized he's average at best without the guidance of Daddy Pep. Would fit his character as well.

Yannik

Idk why this is still a thing. Thiago has said a couple of times now that he's not going to follow Pep to City. And I don't see why you guys would automatically assume that Carlo doesn't want him, he's comfortable a starter at Bayern because he's good enough for that, not because he gets pushed by Pep into the starting eleven. Bayern fans get a headache when Alonso is favoured over Thiago in a big matches.

This Pep-bound shit is garbage at best. People just love to extrapolate from one single indication.
Like everything to do with Pep, everyone seems to extrapolate from one point.
"he took Thiago with him! He must be taking him again!"
It doesn't work like that.

Last edited:

DennyCrane

This Pep-bound shit is garbage at best. People just love to extrapolate from one single indication.
Like everything to do with Pep, everyone seems to extrapolate from one point.
"he took Thiago with him! He must be taking him again!"
It doesn't work like that.

Thiago to Bayern was a transfer he insisted on. So that comes kinda naturally.

Last edited:

Yannik

Thiago to Bayern was a transfer he insisted on. So that comes kinda naturally.

Wether he wants it now or not, Bayern wouldn't sell him, and Thiago most certainly doesn't look like he wants to leave either.
Thiago came because of Pep and stayed because of the club. He has really grown into the club and you can tell they're not just another destination for him.

DennyCrane

Wether he wants it now or not, Bayern wouldn't sell him, and Thiago most certainly doesn't look like he wants to leave either.
Thiago came because of Pep and stayed because of the club. He has really grown into the club and you can tell they're not just another destination for him.

He missed almost 90(!) matches due to injuries since he arrived, let's not pretend he's a a pillar of this Bayern team. And again, should he push for a move, Bayern will negotiate, because they have no choice. Anyhow, this is all coffee grounds reading.

Yannik

He missed almost 90(!) matches due to injuries since he arrived, let's not pretend he's a a pillar of this Bayern team. And again, should he push for a move, Bayern will negotiate, because they have no choice. Anyhow, this is all coffee grounds reading.

Yeah, as you said, because of injuries. He's a starter when fit.
Other than that, yeah sure they'd have a choice: Keeping him. He has just renewed a contract.

Home of Barca Fans