Thiago Alcantara

Trickykid

Yeah that worked out well with Cesc.

We have Vidal. He'll be a beast. No need to overpay for yet another Arsenal player

Way to just look at that single argument :lol:

Besides, I'm not even advocating buying him. It's just what I believe the club will do, so you might as well untangle your panties again.

aaron101

Big talent, born and bred in Barcelona, playing in a position that's most likely going to need heavy reinforcement in a couple of years. Do we need more reason?

Edit: oh, and he's playing at our feeder club. It should be pretty obvious really.

We just got 26 year old Aleix Vidal who was also born and bred in Barcelona. Hmm, maybe when Aleix Vidal turns 31 or 32 yrs old, we can get Bellerin at 25-26 year old. I think we'll eventually get him. He's getting a lot of experience at Arsenal and developing well playing against big teams. When the club comes knocking on his doors, there's no way he would turn us down. Our RB spot is set for long years since we already have one lined up when Aleix Vidal slows down.

serghei

We don't need him. But had he stayed, imho he would've been a much better player now, because Bayern Munich can't possibly develop a Barca youth product better than Barca itself, the club that made Thiago a young star in the first place. A lesson for other La Masia players. You don't live Barca for Bayern in this era of football and end up on the winning side.

Anyway, I'm sure that leaving Barca for Bayern has hurt his development. He isn't much better now, than he was back in 2013. That says a lot about how wise was his decision. Instead, watch Roberto, and his development in the last 6 months. He already did better for Barcelona in the last months, than Thiago ever did. And if he continues like this, he will be a better player than Thiago anyway.

Last edited:

Yannik

Bayern Munich can't possibly develop a Barca youth product better than Barca itself, the club that made Thiago a young star in the first place.

Are you sure about that? He made a massive step forward when joining Bayern. The guy that joined Bayern and the player that left Barca were completely different players. Thiago absolutely bossed the CL group stage and is a starter for Bayern in a pretty stacked midfield. The only thing that holds him back is high injury prowness, but there's no doubt about him being way better than in his Barca days. We must be watching 2 completely different players.

Last edited:

serghei

Are you sure about that? He made a massive step forward when joining Bayern. The guy that joined Bayern and the player that left Barca were completely different players. Thiago absolutely bossed the CL group stage and is a starter for Bayern in a pretty stacked midfield. The only thing that holds him back is high injury prowness, but there's no doubt about him being way better than in his Barca days.

100%. Players that come from La Masia are developed in the spirit of FC Barcelona. Bayern can't possibly develop a Barca-raised player better than Barca.

Thiago's progress is there, but it's hardly fulminant or anything. Much less pronounced than I expected it to be, so in this regard, I'm relaxed about him. That could be because of injuries, I agree. Still think he would've been more advanced in his development had he stayed at FC Barcelona.

Last edited:

Yannik

100%. Players that come from La Masia are developed in the spirit of FC Barcelona. Bayern can't possibly develop a Barca-raised player better than Barca.

Thiago's progress is there, but it's hardly fulminant or anything. Much less pronounced than I expected it to be, so in this regard, I'm relaxed about him. That could be because of injuries, I agree. Still think he would've been more advanced in his development had he stayed at FC Barcelona.

HIm getting injured could just aswell happen in a Barcelona shirt. Other than that he's a rocksolid playmaker, arguably the best in Bayerns squad. He isnt the Messi of the midfield, but his progress is noticable everytime he plays.

serghei

HIm getting injured could just aswell happen in a Barcelona shirt. Other than that he's a rocksolid playmaker, arguably the best in Bayerns squad. He isnt the Messi of the midfield, but his progress is noticable everytime he plays.

I'm curious to see that progress vs. Juventus in the Champions League, a proper, well disciplined, opponent. In the Barca game on Camp Nou for example, I've hardly seen him playing. That's what true class players do. They influence really big games.

Yannik

Did a delightful assist vs Augsburg today and had an amazing game overall

[gfy]WelloffSameAlpinegoat[/gfy]

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Ronaldinho 2.0

tumblr_mytc4kFfSv1sc6xizo1_400.gif

Eetu

Adormit
Come watch my shots and tell me they aren't pure Koeman. Still I feel there are slight discrepancies between our styles and maybe even levels of play.

Home of Barca Fans