Thiago Alcantara

F

Flavia

It's normal to want to move from Santos to Barcelona. It would be crazy not to want that.

Is it normal to cheat the team that raised you to acheive your dream? It's funny how you keep making rules to define traitor, though. None of thiago or neymar are traitors to me, but if you want to look at things with a magnifying glass, Neymar hurt his former club in his sale, while Thiago didn't. As per freixa, it was great business for Barça.

serghei

It is normal because it is seen as career progression.....just as Thiago moving from fourth choice midfielder in a poorer team at that point is.

Thats why players move. That and money.

Barcelona with Messi, Iniesta and Co. were inferior to Bayern for a total of a few months in the last 7 years. Surprise, surprise, Thiago moved exactly in those few months.

serghei

Is it normal to cheat the team that raised you to acheive your dream? It's funny how you keep making rules to define traitor, though. None of thiago or neymar are traitors to me, but if you want to look at things with a magnifying glass, Neymar hurt his former club in his sale, while Thiago didn't. As per freixa, it was great business for Barça.

Neymar moved to a different continent. Another rule. You're not a traitor if you change continents.

JamDav1982

Barcelona with Messi, Iniesta and Co. were inferior to Bayern for a total of a few months in the last 7 years. Surprise, surprise, Thiago moved exactly in those few months.

If I look back will you be sure all this time that Barca were better than Bayern?

At that moment Bayern with Pep in charge and best squad in Europe were legitimately seen as the best team in europe.

That and the fact he was offered starting role.

serghei

If Bartra or Roberto had left for their buy outs in the summer are they considered 'traitors'?

No. Not good enough players. Do you think that if Thiago was some average player, people will dedicate that much time to make him a traitor. I wouldn't even bother.

JamDav1982

No. Not good enough players. Do you think that if Thiago was some average player, people will dedicate that much time to make him a traitor. I wouldn't even bother.

Thiago was the fourth best midfielder.

So now it does matter where the players position in the squad is and not all about them being loyal as from La Masia.

The plot thickens.

Not everyone dedicates time to Thiago being a traitor and Barca fans in general dont think like you. So no that is no evidence of it.

Drexl

Oh God, I had to log in.
Some can't bullshit anymore about 'piss-poor Thiago', 'impatient and ungrateful Thiago', 'glory-hunting Thiago' etc. So now he's a traitor!
Hey, some of you love to throw shit at great players like Thiago, and even at our legends like Valdes... God, even at Xavi! Now, look at yourselves... Do you remember the shit you were talking about Messi or Iniesta? How fucking loyal are you?

JamDav1982

So Serghie Roberto is not a good enough player for Barca in the summer and you would have been happy to see him go?

Glad Lucho seen the player in him

serghei

Thiago was the fourth best midfielder.

So now it does matter where the players position in the squad is and not all about them being loyal as from La Masia.

The plot thickens.

Not everyone dedicates time to Thiago being a traitor and Barca fans in general dont think like you. So no that is no evidence of it.

Does it say anywhere that I have to exhaust my reasons in 1 post? I can add as many reasons as I want. When did I say his position in the squad doesn't matter?

Thiago is a traitor for me because of a number of reasons:

- he had great potential to lead our midfield
- he was a La Masia player, raised by the club
- he left to a direct rival in Europe
- he left through a shitty-clause in the contract
- he left for less money than he was worth

JamDav1982

Does it say anywhere that I have to exhaust my reasons in 1 post? I can add as many reasons as I want. When did I say his position in the squad doesn't matter?

Thiago is a traitor for me because of a number of reasons:

- he had great potential to lead our midfield
- he was a La Masia player, raised by the club
- he left to a direct rival in Europe
- he left through a shitty-clause in the contract
- he left for less money than he was worth

Haha quite a specific list.

About as accurate as Roberto leaving not an issue as 'not good enough'

Had Thiago gone to Man Utd is a traitor?

F

Flavia

You should praise him, then. He knew he was injury prone, and went to bayern to ultimately weaken them. Also, to make room for Rafinha. He knew his brother wouldn't have a place if he stayed.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

You know he was initially about to join Man Utd right?

Only joined Bayern when Pep called him.

Home of Barca Fans