Thiago Alcantara

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[MENTION=20103]Flavia[/MENTION]
You missed to make point on both accounts.
See, we are not some random fans. We are Barca fans. If you put Thiago's interest before Barca that's your thing.

And yeah, poor footballers and their shorter careers. Forget they earn more chasing the ball in a year than most of us will ever do.

serghei

This Thiago talk again... He's not even THAT good. Does he even play for Spain on regular basis? We have 3 midfielders that are better than him and another two that are very close to his value.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
More than any loyalty their decisions were made on right decisions for their careers.

What's best for Barca is first thing I'm concerned. What's best for Thiago's career should be his concern primarily.

And btw. I don't see what his move to Bayern did for him. Further away from La Roja, missed the treble and opportunity to establish himself with Cesc leaving.
Bayernliga title ain't that sweet.

F

Flavia

@Flaviba
You missed to make point on both accounts.
See, we are not some random fans. We are Barca fans. If you put Thiago's interest before Barca that's your thing.

And yeah, poor footballers and their shorter careers. Forget they earn more chasing the ball in a year than most of us will ever do.

I didn't miss any point. I meant we are Barça fans, and this is their jobs. We have nothing to lose, they do. And I don't put any player's interest before Barça, not even Messi. But I understand the players' reasons to leave eventually. It's not a treason to leave Barça, unless it is for rm. They're not slaves.

I just don't share this romantic and naive view that loyalty rewards in the end. It didn't reward jds or deulofeu one bit, for instance. And many others. All Barça fans, from la masia, and that wanted to make it here.

And most footballers don't make much money. The majority of them play in the lower divisions, everywhere in the world. And a bad career plan can get a player in trouble, even if they play for a top club in a point of their lives. Of course talking about Barça players that happens rarely, but it does happen. Look at Jeffren or Assulin's careers now.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Why are you concerned about Assulin's career? Do you think he'll end up homeless?

And loyalty does pay off at times. Just because it doesn't always work it doesn't mean one should approve disloyalty.

serghei

There's only three reasons why he would have chosen Bayern. Money, Pep and to play more. Injuries made sure he didn't play more, and Pep will leave pretty soon... Meanwhile, we have the best front 3 probably ever assembled by a club, picking up trebles, beating Madrid 4-0, being practically the best team in the world and still dominating the midfield in Spain's NT. Quite clear who has missed out.

Thiago chose wrong, plain and simple.

F

Flavia

What's best for Barca is first thing I'm concerned. What's best for Thiago's career should be his concern primarily.

And btw. I don't see what his move to Bayern did for him. Further away from La Roja, missed the treble and opportunity to establish himself with Cesc leaving.

There was no indication Cesc would leave when Thiago left. Pedro also left to get minutes. And to chelsea, to play under Mou. Is he a traitor too?

Why are you concerned about Assulin's career? Do you think he'll end up homeless?

I'm just pointing an example. I don't actually care. I don't even know what you're on about now, to be honest.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pedro left aged 28 having won everything as a starter here and having made it to first team and starting 11 with working his ass off.
Wrong comparison.

F

Flavia

Pedro left aged 28 having won everything as a starter here and having made it to first team and starting 11 with working his ass off.
Wrong comparison.

Ah. So the reason for leaving being the same, getting minutes, doesn't matter. If thiago had stayed and won titles he could go and not be a traitor? I don't shave this view. He left for his reasons, as did Pedro. Players do that all the time. To be labeled such a nasty thing you need to do something bad, like figo did. And thiago won titles, so I'm even more lost now.

There's only three reasons why he would have chosen Bayern. Money, Pep and to play more. Injuries made sure he didn't play more, and Pep will leave pretty soon... Meanwhile, we have the best front 3 probably ever assembled by a club, picking up trebles, beating Madrid 4-0, being practically the best team in the world and still dominating the midfield in Spain's NT. Quite clear who has missed out.

Thiago chose wrong, plain and simple.

Hindsight is great. If Thiago stayed all those things could have not happened either, anyway. The dynamics would be different. So in the end it was a good thing he left, for Barça.

JamDav1982

What we think of Thiago is not his concern either and nor does it make him wrong to leave.

At the time the right move for him was to go and be a starter for the european champions in my opinion.

I couldnt give a fuck if he is a success if pushed I probably prefer him not to be.

SirXavi

The Engineer
this thread is like the matrix, it resets itself every few weeks and the same points are argued over and over.

tumblr_nncxc0xDNW1svefdfo4_500.gif

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Only outcome stays the same. Barca didn't miss him at all winning the treble and his career got stuck in the same place.

And then there's a loyal guy who stuck around and made it here setting example :)

JamDav1982

Only outcome stays the same. Barca didn't miss him at all winning the treble and his career got stuck in the same place.

And then there's a loyal guy who stuck around and made it here setting example :)

The situation of the players was not the same though.

There are clear differences as has been said.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Well, to be fair.... Thiago did set an example too :p

Greener pastures are not always better!

Home of Barca Fans