Thiago Alcantara

Yannik

How would you know?
His clause wouldn´t have been lowered that´s all.

well, what would lead you to the conclusion that he would still have left if he had been given more playing time? I dont know that much about what went down with Thiago and Barca but so far I havent heard about him falling out with players or the board or something. The only thing I know so far, is that he was complaining about playing time.

Last edited:

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
iirc Pep and Thiago always had a "special" relationship.

Though if Thiago had more playing time under Tito he wouldn't have left.

xavi_the_Boss

well, what would lead you to the conclusion that he would still have left if he had been given more playing time? I dont know that much about what went down with Thiago and Barca but so far I havent heard about him falling out with players or the board or something. The only thing I know so far, is that he was complaining about playing time.

Well Bayern were pretty much the new superpower in european Football and he loves Pep.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Ditch the club that raised you at the first chance just because there is a bad patch and you can't get in the team straight away (bear in mind we had xavi iniesta and cesc)?

Mentally weak Fuckboy.

BenRobbins

People slate verratti and TS for going to PSG and not having ambition, but slate Thiago when he would be just sat on the bench and not fulfilling his potential. Smh.

anguy

People slate verratti and TS for going to PSG and not having ambition, but slate Thiago when he would be just sat on the bench and not fulfilling his potential. Smh.

That's nonsense. Xavi and Iniesta were getting old, and everyone knew they'll need to be replaced if Thiago stayed he would became starter already under Martino.

F

Flavia

Ditch the club that raised you at the first chance just because there is a bad patch and you can't get in the team straight away (bear in mind we had xavi iniesta and cesc)?

Mentally weak Fuckboy.
So was cesc, when he moved to arsenal? Tito clearly preferred Cesc. One of the two was going to leave, tito and the board just chose the wrong one. And funny enough, cesc asked to leave one year later.

That's nonsense. Xavi and Iniesta were getting old, and everyone knew they'll need to be replaced if Thiago stayed he would became starter already under Martino.
That was 2013. Mind you, iniesta and xavi are still playing (and were starters under Tata), and the club chose cesc over thiago. Both weren't going to be kept.

red dragon2

Thiago should have had gametime over Cesc, it was clear to me quickly, Thiago was more talented and intune with barca football. I think he is already a better player than cesc, if not as accomplished, if that makes sense.

Stric

Thiago should have had gametime over Cesc, it was clear to me quickly, Thiago was more talented and intune with barca football. I think he is already a better player than cesc, if not as accomplished, if that makes sense.

Cesc was not the only problem. Xavi was 33 and on painkillers, but Tito played him over Thiago and Cesc even after we won the league. We're all entitled to our opinions, but I can't help but think that anyone who passionately hates and blames Thiago for leaving simply doesn't see the situation objectively. An offer for first team football from Bayern and Pep Guardiola is attractive as it is, let alone after basically being humiliated by Tito. I honestly cannot understand how anyone expected him to turn down the offer and stay, considering everything.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Mentally weak Fuckboy.

And bear in mind the said pep, with whom he had his special bond was the one, who signed Cesc that further screwed his chances to get into the first team!

Henry_IB

Banned
I just imagine all the people who hate Thiago are same kind of people who work at the same job for 15 years and are completely ambitionless. Or that manager who takes it as an insult when someone says he's quitting for another job, because then said person is disloyal.

nnao

I was reading Pep Confidential and it says very clearly that the Barca board were trying to sell him since 2011.

"The club will then buy Thiago, whom Barcelona have been trying to transfer since the summer of 2011, a year before Guardiola left the Catalan club."

"The player has already reached an agreement with the Munich team and is not interested in going anywhere else. No one from Bayern anticipates any opposition from Barca, who have for some time been very open about their wish to sell the player. When Guardiola was still coaching Barca, in the summer of 2011, the club was already testing the market. Later they agreed to include an escape clause in the players contract, which detailed that if Thiago played less than a stated minimum number of minutes per year, his recission fee would drop hugely, to €18 million instead of the phohibitive €90 million figure in the original contract. Later having won the Spanish league, nobody at Barca was interested in changing the team dynamic just so that Thiago could reach the target amount of playing time and it seems unlikely that the club is going to reject a reasonable offer now."

Maybe consider that before calling him a traitor...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans