Thiago Alcantara

oz187

Do you really believe that? i dont see it honestly, Xavi on one working limb was being dosed with painkillers patched up and picked over Thiago last season, i dont see whats going to change in a few weeks?

What's changing is that Thiago is improving. If he can continue to improve then he can earn more minutes. He played 55% of the minutes in the league and 62% in the Copa. He's been given more than enough playing time to show how good he is. In that time he hasn't put in masterful performances that would oust Xavi but he's shown enough to be given a lot of playing time, albeit not in the big games. Also remember, he had injuries early in the season and so gave the others even more of a headstart. If he started next season he'd have more of a chance to make a case for trusting him more.

Martindn

Hold up guys, its over hes started tweeting in English now, obviously a give away sign hes joining United:

https://twitter.com/Thi_Alcantara91

Watertight logic if you ask me, tweeting in English = playing for English club.

s9l.png

:xavi:

Messi10

It's all gone so quiet at the moment. its strange. It might of cooled.

It's funny how all the transfer news twitter accounts keeps saying Thiago to United is a done deal yet never sore them bidding for Baines.

Martindn

It's all gone so quiet at the moment. its strange. It might of cooled.

It's funny how all the transfer news twitter accounts keeps saying Thiago to United is a done deal yet never sore them bidding for Baines.

Its possible that the baines deal has only started recently as moyes has just come off holiday, thiago might not have been a moyes target but fergies so we started it earlier. We may have moved onto baines as thiago was sealed? Who knows with this shit, footballs likely more complicated than we think it is on inside.

USWAY

Once he get's that goal scoring touch back again, all the haters on here will go bye-bye.
I don't think that's necessarily true. I, for one, am fine with the ability he's shown to score goals, he is a midfielder after all. Thing is, I prefer my midfielders in a 4-3-3 to be masters of possession rather than marksman.

I think everyone's accepted that nothings going to happen until Thiago gets back off holiday and meets the Barcelona board and tells them his decision, we cant agree any deal with barca until they've heard from the player he wants to leave and join us and accept hes going, weve already agreed potential terms with the player so there's nothing more on that side of things we can do, its all in the players hands now.

Basically forget about hearing anything worthwhile until he stops sunning himself in the med.

I think everyone's accepted that nothings going to happen until Thiago gets back off holiday and meets the Barcelona board and tells them his decision, we cant agree any deal with barca until they've heard from the player he wants to leave and join us and accept hes going, weve already agreed potential terms with the player so there's nothing more on that side of things we can do, its all in the players hands now.

Basically forget about hearing anything worthwhile until he stops sunning himself in the med.

I don't think it works that way ( and please correct me if I'm wrong). United doesn't have to agree anything with barca... not even the player has to agree anything with barca. When a team pays a player's clause( at least in spain ) there has to be no agreement between clubs. in this case, united would just have to show up and say 'Barca, we are paying thiago's caluse" and barca wouldn't be able to do a thing but accept the money. That's the reason why caluses exist. The only way united wouldn't be able to get Thiago is if thiago refused to accept united's offer. If Thiago and united have accepted to come together, there should be nothing stopping united from getting him.,

nebeer

Love is All
Why on earth does Thiago wanna leave Barca? If we let him go, what are the possible midfielders we would be left with?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why on earth does Thiago wanna leave Barca? If we let him go, what are the possible midfielders we would be left with?

Lack of playing time ahead of the WC.

Xavi, Iniesta, Fab and Sergi Roberto for two positions.

nebeer

Love is All
I can quite clearly understand Thiago's frustration. But we must keep a player like him. He can be the future of Barca midfield after Xavi retires (which is still quite a few years away to be honest). I guess the best thing can be to persuade him to go out on loan.

Home of Barca Fans