Thiago Alcantara

F

Flavia

Don't think that's accurate: Tito had to play 60% of the available minutes, not 60% of the available games. That 1 game wouldn't have made a difference, from what I read.

He got to 55%, maybe it would. Thiago wasn't available for all games, if anyone knows for how many, it'd be easy to do the math.

i_bleed_blaugrana

There's also the Tito factor. When the press asked him about Thiago's clause, there was still a game to be played. And if Tito had played Thiago, his fee wouldn't be only 18m. Tito either was too obsessed with the 100 points, and forgot about the clause, or didn't care. That's why I don't blame Thiago. Tito's way of handling the younger players has been awful.

Perhaps he is leaving bc of Tito...

There's also the Tito factor. When the press asked him about Thiago's clause, there was still a game to be played. And if Tito had played Thiago, his fee wouldn't be only 18m. Tito either was too obsessed with the 100 points, and forgot about the clause, or didn't care. That's why I don't blame Thiago. Tito's way of handling the younger players has been awful.

Yeah i didn't understand that at all, even if Tito wasn't aware of the clause before hand he was made aware of it while it was still a rectifiable situation, odd that he chose to ignore it basically and cause all this especially when the game had nothing on it, makes me half wonder if you intended to cash in on him to fund other moves? maybe the Neymar deal took a lot out of the pot? but then i cant honestly believe anyone at Barcelona wanted this situation? surely?

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
True. But again, I don't understand who he thinks he is. He has a good showing in a tournament that is, with all respect due, a 'B' level competition and thinks he is God's gift to football? Come on.

This kids been reading his own press too much.

Considering Barça pretty much gave him his career and taught him the skills he has now, you'd expect him to be a little more appreciative.

Again, like Gaudii said, if he wants more time, be better than Xavi. If he is as good as he thinks he is, it shouldn't be inconceivable for him to replace Xavi by the end of the season…

I swear if he leaves, and then flops like I think he will, we better not start hearing about how much he "misses his home."

To my fellow cules, it's okay we still got :cesc:

Someone is going to step up and replace Xavi (or at least reduce his playing time) and if its not Thiago, I don't think it would be a stretch to say Cesc isn't far away from having a breakout season here

You really hate Thiago, don't you? That was just pure hate.

0n0mat0p0eia

Isn't he gone yet? Are we still talking about this bench-warmer?

Let him get used to the ball whistling back and forward over his head, the tackles coming thick and fast, no time on the ball, the ferocious pace the game is played at, oh, and the shit weather at Manchester.

By the way, Barca aint losing money, we're gaining 18 million; he cost us nothing.

Unlike Manchester, there will be plenty more in our cantera where he came from.

My last post on the soon-to-be former-Barca player.

i_bleed_blaugrana

You really hate Thiago, don't you? That was just pure hate.

No. Quite the contrary I think he's awesome.

I just think whoever is advising his career decisions is setting him up for a bad fall. Patience always wins out, especially with the examples Xavi and Iniesta set for him.

Like I understand why he wants to leave and if Tito is as clueless as we all think he is, I would probably leave too in his situation. I just think he is making a hasty decision that could really backfire on him

True. But again, I don't understand who he thinks he is. He has a good showing in a tournament that is, with all respect due, a 'B' level competition and thinks he is God's gift to football? Come on.

This kids been reading his own press too much.

Considering Barça pretty much gave him his career and taught him the skills he has now, you'd expect him to be a little more appreciative.

Again, like Gaudii said, if he wants more time, be better than Xavi. If he is as good as he thinks he is, it shouldn't be inconceivable for him to replace Xavi by the end of the season…

I swear if he leaves, and then flops like I think he will, we better not start hearing about how much he "misses his home."

To my fellow cules, it's okay we still got :cesc:

Someone is going to step up and replace Xavi (or at least reduce his playing time) and if its not Thiago, I don't think it would be a stretch to say Cesc isn't far away from having a breakout season here

I think it comes down to the fact that he knows if he was at almost any other club in world football right now hed be not only a regular player but a star, i think thats the root of the issue, theres a fine line between confidence and arrogance of course but he feels hes good enough and dosnt feel appreciated enough at Barca, hes 22 so hes not a kid anymore at 22 a lot of players even at your great club were already world stars, id imagine he just dosnt want to lose out on a few years of regular football he would get elsewhere.

And i agree with you about your academy, the way you develop players you'll have a new Thiago not far away, i dont quite know how you do this its highly frustrating for me watching you develop and bring through all these fabulous kids whod all to a man walk into our first team and improve it dramatically! but i really admire it, its a great skill and you should be rightly proud of it.

Gaudi

I think it comes down to the fact that he knows if he was at almost any other club in world football right now hed be not only a regular player but a star, i think thats the root of the issue, theres a fine line between confidence and arrogance of course but he feels hes good enough and dosnt feel appreciated enough at Barca, hes 22 so hes not a kid anymore at 22 a lot of players even at your great club were already world stars, id imagine he just dosnt want to lose out on a few years of regular football he would get elsewhere.

And i agree with you about your academy, the way you develop players you'll have a new Thiago not far away, i dont quite know how you do this its highly frustrating for me watching you develop and bring through all these fabulous kids whod all to a man walk into our first team and improve it dramatically! but i really admire it, its a great skill and you should be rightly proud of it.

You're probably right but then he is not that confident, I mean if you are so confident in yourself you would want to be the best among great not run away from them. But again, only one who I hold a grudge here is our managment for not cashing in more

PaulFCB

Banned
For now, it's the worst summer I can remember.
Sign Neymar, Thiago leaves for 18m.
Something has to be done or we're going to have a nightmare of a season.

Jadentheman

Isn't he gone yet? Are we still talking about this bench-warmer?

Let him get used to the ball whistling back and forward over his head, the tackles coming thick and fast, no time on the ball, the ferocious pace the game is played at, oh, and the shit weather at Manchester.

By the way, Barca aint losing money, we're gaining 18 million; he cost us nothing.

Unlike Manchester, there will be plenty more in our cantera where he came from.

My last post on the soon-to-be former-Barca player.

Like these good legend quality players just come straight from the sky! Barca's cycle will run out soon

The main Spain team is the best that's been made for the past 20-30 years, but the empty gauge is coming. Refilling the tank will take awhile. Look what happened to Brasil!

You're probably right but then he is not that confident, I mean if you are so confident in yourself you would want to be the best among great not run away from them. But again, only one who I hold a grudge here is our managment for not cashing in more

What do you make of the fact Vilanova new about this clause and what would happen if he didnt play Thiago yet ignored it anyway? all this drama could have been so easily avoided but wasn't, why? it dosnt make any sense, why not just play him in that dead rubber game and erase all this uproar? do the club intend and want to cash in on him?

PaulFCB

Banned
PS1: Ok, 2006 summer was also crap ( R10 clearly out of form at the WC, Gudjonsen in, Van Bommel out... ) but srsly

Ursegor

World Champion
Playing Thiago in the last game of the season wouldn't have changed anything because Thiago's contract didn't just demand 60 % of playing time but also at least 30 minutes per game. Otherwise such a contract would be stupid in the first place. The coaches could have subbed him in in the 89th minute in every game and avoided that clause quite easily.

Gaudi

What do you make of the fact Vilanova new about this clause and what would happen if he didnt play Thiago yet ignored it anyway? all this drama could have been so easily avoided but wasn't, why? it dosnt make any sense, why not just play him in that dead rubber game and erase all this uproar? do the club intend and want to cash in on him?

Trully don't know, but if they, for some unknown reason, wanted to sell him, they would fins suitors with price at least 30 mil and also they would be in control. So I see no reason to do that purposely.
Yet, I'm always amazed how Real is able to stack players an keep them all happy and we can't with 5 players for 3 positions!?
It's quite interesting that in this days with all Thiago saga Madrid signed Isco (similar player talent wise) in already stacked midfield

Home of Barca Fans