Thiago Alcantara

Butaan4barca

Well i dont think theres any doubt your board wants to keep him is there? that seems to be the only thing stopping the move, the boards desperately trying to do just that.

there is no doubt, but again. He isn't better than xavi, iniesta or fab, but definetely very different from all. So its upto management & their vision. i think it seems like a very difficult task to keep him here. Too good for any other team. Just 4th best midfielder here. Call it whatever you want to.

Cesc was bought cz we needed a similar player at that time, and thiago was not ready. Well to be honest, there were divided opinions on him, even then. But apparently it did turn out that we needed a player then to fill out gaps left up when messi dropped deep. Some one experienced enough to link with mid, and attack up in the 9 position should there are spaces created in messi marking( when messi drops and his marker follows him). Cesc did seem to be perfect choice.

On thiago, and before this, he wasn't really close to leaving, its just his dad, super smart agent, And pain in nose type, got his son a better deal back then.
Yes you can say, finally some one to fill scholes boots. Too big a task, but the boy has just got it.

I see, i asked because looking from a distance ive never got the impression Fabregas has ever really consolidated a position at Barca? he always seems to as you say fill in gaps play now and again here or there, never a set consistent position and regular games, hence why considering the situation with thiago it seemed a rather pointless signing but youve explained it well.

He would be our Scholes successor yes, and i know Scholes is held in very high regard at Barcelona certainly amongst the players anyway.

there is no doubt, but again. He isn't better than xavi, iniesta or fab, but definetely very different from all. So its upto management & their vision. i think it seems like a very difficult task to keep him here. Too good for any other team. Just 4th best midfielder here. Call it whatever you want to.

Heres a different question, amongst Barca fans would him signing for Manchester United be not say accepted but maybe well wished? im probably not wording that very well but what i mean is as far as im aware our clubs have always had good relations? i dont remember any problems between us, i know Sir alex always used to praise how your club was run and there seemed to be a real respect between the clubs in the recent champions league finals? what im asking is from a fans perspective is it like a lesser of evils him joining us or would you prefer him going elsewhere? assuming he does go of course.

Keikoku

Cabbage
Heres a different question, amongst Barca fans would him signing for Manchester United be not say accepted but maybe well wished? im probably not wording that very well but what i mean is as far as im aware our clubs have always had good relations? i dont remember any problems between us, i know Sir alex always used to praise how your club was run and there seemed to be a real respect between the clubs in the recent champions league finals? what im asking is from a fans perspective is it like a lesser of evils him joining us or would you prefer him going elsewhere? assuming he does go of course.

If it's me, no problem at all. If he left thats mean he want to go either it's because wages or play regular isn't matter. Lost a good young prospect like Thiago is such a pity but who knows Gundogan before this season? There's always another prospect to show up every year, who knows there will be another prospect who's better than him in the future, in short is nothing to bitter of.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

I dont think it should be a problem. I think most of us respect Man Utd and surely he is better off there than City or Chelsea.

Most Barca fans I know really respect Man Utd and I guess its the same for most of us here. Dont know about the Man Utd fans though :p Most of the Man Utd fans I've met and personally know really hate us for some reason :/

I dunno if its because of the CL finals or the Cristiano-Madrid link :lol:

I dont think it should be a problem. I think most of us respect Man Utd and surely he is better off there than City or Chelsea.

Dont know about the Man Utd fans though :p Most of the Man Utd fans I've met and personally know really hates us for some reason :/

I dunno if its because of the CL finals or the Cristiano-Madrid link :lol:

Really?? cant speak for all united fans of course but the ones i go to games with have no problem at all with Barcelona, in fact theres nothing but admiration for how you play and how your club runs itself, you develop your own players and have easily the best academy set up on the planet, you give youth a chance which is something highly respected at United as we do the same and place great emphasis on doing so and you dont rely on some random rich sugar daddy to pluck you from obscurity to success, from my point of view ive never had any ill feeling towards barca and i dont know any united fans who do, as for the champions league finals, not at all we were beaten fair and square, Sir alex paid great respect to you and called you the best team hes ever faced, we applauded you up the wembley steps and in rome if i remember correctly.

Maybe youve read Red-Cafe to much lol, i used to post there, its a very good well run forum but a lot of the mods are very power happy, i wouldnt base your views of United fans off Red cafe.

Unbiased United

I hate to say it, but this thread is pretty cringy at the minute with all the new United fans who have just signed up. I dunno maybe I'm just being precious, but I'd probably be a bit irked if we had loads of new fans sign up on a United forum discussing their teams possible formations should they sign one of our brightest talents on the cheap.

The reason I pop on here sometimes is to hear what opposing fans think about things, but at the minute it's like a mini-Redcafe. Not my place at all, but don't forget there is a dedicated thread for United related discussion.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Him joining ManU is definitely better than joining RM or Bayern, absolutely. That said, I am still very, very bitter over his departure. No offense to ManU, but I am not going to be one of those Barca fans bidding farewell to him with best wishes. I don't want him to one day cause problems for us, scoring the winning goal or providing the crucial assit that knocks us out of the CL.

I am not a fan of the Spanish NT so I really don't care how he develops. Becoming one of the biggest flops would certainly make me very happy. ;)

I hate to say it, but this thread is pretty cringy at the minute with all the new United fans who have just signed up. I dunno maybe I'm just being precious, but I'd probably be a bit irked if we had loads of new fans sign up on a United forum discussing their teams possible formations should they sign one of our brightest talents on the cheap.

The reason I pop on here sometimes is to hear what opposing fans think about things, but at the minute it's like a mini-Redcafe. Not my place at all, but don't forget there is a dedicated thread for United related discussion.

You know whats a tad odd, you, a United fan, on a barcelona forum complaining about other united fans posting on a barcelona forum whilst you yourself posting on a barcelona forum......no offence or anything but its kinda hypocritical, a lot of people who have signed up probably want to get a better knowledge of a player their club may sign, hence they sign up and join in the debate, as long as they are contributing to the forum and not trolling whats the problem? the moderators have it in their power to ban or even block people signing up if they see it as a problem, obviously they dont, think your being precious, would make more sense for a regular barcelona supporting member to complain, not a United fan lol

Theres nothing on the forum that says fans of other clubs arent free and welcome to sign up and discuss any topic they wish.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I dont have any problem with Man Utd fans here as long as they dont troll or post rubbish.

Since Thiago is joining Man Utd, its normal for Man Utd fans to discuss about him and how he fits in and stuff like that.

Not a problem to me tbh.

Keikoku

Cabbage
^ I think the discussion about Thiago-ManU isn't off topic because at this time he is heavily linked gonna join ManU. :D
It's off topic if we talk about Juventus here (I guess) :lol:

Him joining ManU is definitely better than joining RM or Bayern, absolutely. That said, I am still very, very bitter over his departure. No offense to ManU, but I am not going to be one of those Barca fans bidding farewell to him with best wishes. I don't want him to one day cause problems for us, scoring the winning goal or providing the crucial assit that knocks us out of the CL.

I am not a fan of the Spanish NT so I really don't care how he develops. Becoming one of the biggest flops would certainly make me very happy. ;)

Thats fair enough id probably share that view in your shoes, i dont care much for the English national team (just as well) so i totaly see where your coming from.

Richard.H

No problems between our clubs? In terms of fans, I have to disagree. There's always been quite some tension between man u fans and Barca. I look at RedCafe and some of the threads there make me :facepalm:

I would hate for him to go to Bayern (since Pep is there and they have a very good connection) so he would get the most out of his talents. I would hate for him to go to RM because obviously they are our rivals.

So yeah, IF HE HAS TO LEAVE, I guess I would pick Man U. I'd be pissed and wish him nothing but the worst if he goes to Bayern/RM.

For me personally Thiago has always been a bigger prospect than Cesc. Thiago has amazing talent and the flaws he does have can be easily fixed. He can easily have the midfield domination of Xavi mixed in with the flare of Ronaldinho. Not only that, but he also has great speed, something that's very underrated about him. I still can't believe all these rumors though. The only way I'll believe it is if I see it on the official Barca website...

Unbiased United

You know whats a tad odd, you, a United fan, on a barcelona forum complaining about other united fans posting on a barcelona forum whilst you yourself posting on a barcelona forum......no offence or anything but its kinda hypocritical, a lot of people who have signed up probably want to get a better knowledge of a player their club may sign, hence they sign up and join in the debate, as long as they are contributing to the forum and not trolling whats the problem? the moderators have it in their power to ban or even block people signing up if they see it as a problem, obviously they dont, think your being precious, would make more sense for a regular barcelona supporting member to complain, not a United fan lol

Theres nothing on the forum that says fans of other clubs arent free and welcome to sign up and discuss any topic they wish.

Well I've been here ages and know what the general opinion of United fans is on here, so I get a bit nervous when a million new members join at once and all coalesque on a thread involving Barca losing one of their brightest talents to us lol!

If you can't understand where I'm coming from then I'm not going to argue about it. You seem like decent guy going off your few posts, so its nothing personal. Just with the reasons I mentioned I find it a bit unfortunate.... Not that its any of my business really.

Home of Barca Fans