Thiago Alcantara

numero

I am sure we will put some compulsory buy back policy if it's really happening. we are not going to lose him like that. It will never happen. Thiago is the face of Barca's youth system.

ceefoo

I am sure we will put some compulsory buy back policy if it's really happening. we are not going to lose him like that. It will never happen. Thiago is the face of Barca's youth system.
We cannot dictate terms. It's now totally in the players hands.

BREAKING Thiago LIVE : "Playing in a World Cup would be a dream, to do that, I have to play games with my team."
Should've chosen to play for Brazil then. :lol:

F

Frejsgodes

You've got to laugh at redcafe members. They dislike us because we dominated them in the past two finals with our superior football.

Pretty much. I guess it's only natural they want one of our quality midfielders.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I don't know why you want to keep him with that attitude. Compare to iniesta who was patient when getting into the first team. He can fuck off for all I care. It's not his god given right to Play you know. He should wait like everyone else.

jamrock

he should be focused on euro 2016 that's more realistic i am sure all things being equal a few of this u21 team will be there.
namely montoya,martinez,mendi,thiago and isco, de gea of course

zanela

After all said and done, i think Thiago 'll eventually stay only if to play alongside NeyGOAT. He wouldn't want to miss such an opportunity.

However, if he does leave, Man Utd would certainly be ideal. The boy's competence in both the dynamic-static roles, technical finesse, and leadership will raise him to star status, wherever.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Some of you need to quit your whining about Thiago's attitude or loyalty. Xavi and Puyol almost left at young ages too (Xavi nearly did because of his father, reminding you of anyone?). They just had less publicity about it and so it's not as high profile as this saga. It's not just about love of the club, it's about love of the game as well. If he wants playing time, he should be demanding it one way or another. If he were to go through with this transfer it would be somewhat rash and impatient, but still something based on having the right priorities.

jklz

Exactly DonAndres..

Who do you guys prefer, a Thiago who pushes for playing time or a Dos Santos who is content with just rotting on the bench all season without expressing any desire to play?

ShandyFFM

After all said and done, i think Thiago 'll eventually stay only if to play alongside NeyGOAT. He wouldn't want to miss such an opportunity.

However, if he does leave, Man Utd would certainly be ideal. The boy's competence in both the dynamic-static roles, technical finesse, and leadership will raise him to star status, wherever.

Or otherwise we need Thiago as a Brazilian with the same age as Neymar to help him adept here. Adriano and Alves arent at the same age.

Unbiased United

I don't believe he's the lesser of 4 excellent midfielders. He's equal (or should be) in importance to any one of them with the different style he provides. And he is a Barca academy graduate, making him more of deeply connected and valuable to the club. We have a need for him in the future and it's not like he's necessary moving on to bigger and better things at United.

On the face of it it's impossible to move on to 'bigger and better things' once you have played for Barca. But he will without a doubt play a very important role for us should he join (also one of the biggest clubs in the world), whereas obviously at Barca he might not be a true 'key player' for years to come. That will hopefully (for United fans) be the deciding factor.

I wouldn't say he's equal to your other Midfielders yet either. The talent is there, but Fabregas is seemingly determined to make it at Barca, and he has a long way to go to be held in the same regard as Iniesta and Xavi lets face it and I'm sure he knows that too.

If he joins United it would hardly be a crazy decision like some would have you believe. Don't get me wrong United fans were just as bad with Pogba, but these players owe the teams nothing, if he turned out to not live up to his promise then Barca wouldn't think twice about selling him on.

XaviMessiGirl

Some of you need to quit your whining about Thiago's attitude or loyalty. Xavi and Puyol almost left at young ages too (Xavi nearly did because of his father, reminding you of anyone?). They just had less publicity about it and so it's not as high profile as this saga. It's not just about love of the club, it's about love of the game as well. If he wants playing time, he should be demanding it one way or another. If he were to go through with this transfer it would be somewhat rash and impatient, but still something based on having the right priorities.

Not to mention a lot of people here (myself included) weren't even Barca fans when Puyol & Xavi were trying to break into the first team.

Yes loyalty is nice but his job is to play, if he's not able to do his job then no wonder he feels this way, if it's true. I'd be mega pissed if he was treated well & got regular playing time here but wanted to leave for more money or glory or something like that. And I'd be mega pissed if he went to Madrid. But right now I don't blame him for anything. The club dropped the ball here.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
On the face of it it's impossible to move on to 'bigger and better things' once you have played for Barca. But he will without a doubt play a very important role for us should he join (also one of the biggest clubs in the world), whereas obviously at Barca he might not be a true 'key player' for years to come. That will hopefully (for United fans) be the deciding factor.

I wouldn't say he's equal to your other Midfielders yet either. The talent is there, but Fabregas is seemingly determined to make it at Barca, and he has a long way to go to be held in the same regard as Iniesta and Xavi lets face it and I'm sure he knows that too.

If he joins United it would hardly be a crazy decision like some would have you believe. Don't get me wrong United fans were just as bad with Pogba, but these players owe the teams nothing, if he turned out to not live up to his promise then Barca wouldn't think twice about selling him on.

I understand that United have more of a current need for him but selling him would be a horrible decision for Barca. That being said I'm not saying he's the devil for wanting to go because he is an ambitious player. I'm more neutral on this. Understanding of Thiago's position and mentality, but wishing he would stay and realize that he just needs the slightest bit of patience right now to go on to do great things at a club that is his home. He shouldn't be content with being a bench player, but a transfer so quickly wouldn't be wise either.

Home of Barca Fans