Thiago Alcantara

Jadentheman

United is not that bad of a club and being a creative and dominant midfielder, he'll be a central figure for them and a leader. That being said I'd really prefer him to stay because if not, I wasted 100 euros on a Thiago kit for this season :lol:

images.jpg

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Isco is a right-footed D.Sliva. Thiago is the future Xavi.

You people really need to stop overrating Isco...

You don't really watch Isco if you compare him with Silva. He's a much more dynamic and attack minded player with more skill and consistency, and as much as I love Thiago, Isco has been better this season (partly due to more playing time)

Isco isn't the player we need if Thiago leaves. He's more of a CAM/Iniesta-type. Not a midfield controller like Xavi or Thiago.

Last edited:

ShandyFFM

Xavi is getting older Cesc is too slow to play this role and Thiago is perfect i really dont know who else would fit in this role better than him and i dont see a midfielder from our youthteams who could right now.

Although i must say it makes sense that Thiago might go to Manchester. Scholes goesnt play anymore for them, Giggs is old and wont play that much either and all other midfielders ( Fletcher,Carrick,Anderson,Powell,Cleverley) except Kagawa are no competition for Thiago. At Manu he will be a guaranteed starter and might become the player to look at meaning the new superstar.

ceefoo

Isco isn't the player we need if Thiago leaves. He's more of a CAM/Iniesta-type. Not a midfield controller like Xavi or Thiago.
Agree. Isco performs the same role for Spain U21 that Iniesta does for the Spain seniors.

Anyway, is someone gonna answer my question?

dlx3

If Thiago realy leaves (God please no) Isco is the one i would go for. Even though he is more of a ACM. Cesc was playing CM(sometimes even behind Song) and he should get that spot. Plus we have Sergi Samper. IMO the biggest talent when it comes to CM/DM in last 5 years.

JamDav1982

If Thiago realy leaves (God please no) Isco is the one i would go for. Even though he is more of a ACM. Cesc was playing CM(sometimes even behind Song) and he should get that spot. Plus we have Sergi Samper. IMO the biggest talent when it comes to CM/DM in last 5 years.

Isco wouldnt sign for Barca to be a back up.

People need to realise the club will never keep four world class CM's happy and that if Thiago moves the money will be better off spent in other areas of the team.

barcanuck

It's all about his father wanting a free plane trip to Brasil for the WC next year. He is so desperate to have his son on the Spain team that he's willing to have his son leave so he can play more just to make this Spain team. Even if he makes Spain WC squad he won't play more than 90 minutes in the whole tournment.

Sergi Samper is like 18. Doubt he'll be good enough to replace Xavi by the time he (Xavi) retires. Plus, he won't be in the first team for a while, and we need a backup for Xavi right away if Thiago leaves, since Xavi will need to be rested often due to his age. Plus, isn't he more of a CDM than a Xavi-type midfielder (correct me if I'm wrong)? And Isco's more of a CAM/Iniesta type, which we already have 2 of (Iniesta and Cesc). As much as I'd love him at Barca, we don't need him.

IF Thiago leaves (God, I hope not), the guy we need to get is Gundogan. Hell, he's the only player I can think of that can replace Thiago.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Sergi Samper is like 18. Doubt he'll be good enough to replace Xavi by the time he (Xavi) retires. Plus, he won't be in the first team for a while, and we need a backup for Xavi right away if Thiago leaves, since Xavi will need to be rested often due to his age. Plus, isn't he more of a CDM than a Xavi-type midfielder? And Isco's more of a CAM/Iniesta type, which we already have 2 of (Iniesta and Cesc). As much as I'd love him at Barca, we don't need him.

IF Thiago leaves (God, I hope not), the guy we need to get is Gundogan. Hell, he's the only player I can think of that can replace Thiago.

How many times have you posted this same thing about Gundogan??

He wont want to move to be a back up and miss big games when Xavi claims he could go on for years and the money if Thiago goes would be better spent on other areas of the team.

When Xavi slows down dramatically or retires then is the time a player good enough to be his replacement will come in. Not now.

Jadentheman

It's all about his father wanting a free plane trip to Brasil for the WC next year. He is so desperate to have his son on the Spain team that he's willing to have his son leave so he can play more just to make this Spain team. Even if he makes Spain WC squad he won't play more than 90 minutes in the whole tournment.

So? Just to be apart of it is worth it for many

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
When Xavi slows down dramatically or retires then is the time a player good enough to be his replacement will come in. Not now.

We can always buy Thiago back for 60 or 70 millions euros from Manchester United or Bayern when that happens. :rolleyes:

Barca management needs to take Business 101 and Logic 101, for starters.

Agreed that Gündoğan would definitely don't want to come here to be sitting on the bench.

Jadentheman

Well Barca can always add a buyback clause right? That would probably be the best thing, but I doubt United would want that and as soon as they get him they will most likely raise his buyout to high amounts that Barca will probably lose him for good

Home of Barca Fans