Thiago Alcantara

Gaudi

Pep is to blame mostly with what's happening with Thiago, he chased Cesc knowing that this could affect Thiago's development with the Barça team.

I was all up for Selling Cesc in order for keeping Thiago, but now changed my mind. At least with Cesc he wants to stay and fight for his place with Barça, unlike Thiago who is willingly flirting with Man U. If Thiago wants to leave then so be it, but hope the club don't add a buy back option in his clause, once you leave, you leave.

I don't agree, I know everybody thinks he can manage Barca or any team, but I'm truly certain I would find enough time for Thiago in current squad and basically made him a leader in 2-3 years time

fab

New signing
If his goal is th get into the national team for the world cup, than i can't see him stay. even if tito would give him more playing time, del bosque will choose others. I would love him to stay at our club, but he is too good for a bench warmer....and overall i still prefer xavi for the starting 11. this leads to my assumption that he will leave barça.
as for those who try to find a culprit...maybe it was pep, who brought cesc back. but then again thiago was promoted to the first team the same year and the Coach-staff maybe wanted a proven backup instead of a youngster. maybe it was tito who didn't gave him enough playing time or maybe the guy who set up the contract with a low buyout clause...we can't blame one guy for this Problem, all those decisions play a part in thiagos decisions...and as i mentioned, even if he would stay the problem of a starting spot will not be solved.

we can only hope that his heart beats for barça and therefore he will accept his place in the team (my dream scenario would be a new contract with barça and then loan him - but probabely it will remain a dream)

Maria

Pep is to blame mostly with what's happening with Thiago, he chased Cesc knowing that this could affect Thiago's development with the Barça team.

I was all up for Selling Cesc in order for keeping Thiago, but now changed my mind. At least with Cesc he wants to stay and fight for his place with Barça, unlike Thiago who is willingly flirting with Man U. If Thiago wants to leave then so be it, but hope the club don't add a buy back option in his clause, once you leave, you leave.

WOW
That would make sense if:

1.Cesc wouldn't have left and we wouldn't have paid 39M EUROS to take him back.
2.Thiago would have actually had only Cesc in front of him and not a Xavi that wants to play every 3 days even when he's clearly exhausted.
3.Pep wouldn't have gave Thiago far more minutes(and important ones) even if he had to use him as a winger or as a DM against weak teams at home:
-in 2011-2012: 38 starts+16 subs
-in 2012-2013: 20 starts+16 subs

Yesterday a journalist from Barcelona was saying that Thiago needed to play 60 more minutes in a game and his clause would have been 90M again. What did Tito do in the last 5 games in the league?

01/06 2013 Barcelona H- Malaga La Liga W 4-1 On 54
26/05 2013 Barcelona A- Espanyol La Liga W 0-2 Started
19/05 2013 Barcelona H- Valladolid La Liga W 2-1 On 63
12/05 2013 Barcelona A- Atletico La Liga W 1-2 Unused Substitute
05/05 2013 Barcelona H- Betis La Liga W 4-2 On 78

He had 4 oportunities to gave him those minutes, but he chose not to. For what reason? Probably he didn't knew about the clause and he thought that Thiago didn't deserved those minutes(in which case Thiago is right to want to leave at a team where the coach trusts you) or he knew but didn't care. I remember in 2011, when Cesc was bought and Pep said in the press that he trusts Thiago more than his father and he won the kid over..right now Tito says that he's glad that he didn't knew about his clause and the decision is entirely the player's. But let's keep blaming Pep.

Galning

Yesterday a journalist from Barcelona was saying that Thiago needed to play 60 more minutes in a game and his clause would have been 90M again. What did Tito do in the last 5 games in the league?

He had 4 oportunities to gave him those minutes, but he chose not to. For what reason? Probably he didn't knew about the clause and he thought that Thiago didn't deserved those minutes(in which case Thiago is right to want to leave at a team where the coach trusts you) or he knew but didn't care. I remember in 2011, when Cesc was bought and Pep said in the press that he trusts Thiago more than his father and he won the kid over..right now Tito says that he's glad that he didn't knew about his clause and the decision is entirely the player's. But let's keep blaming Pep.
jgp08j.gif

O

Obito Uchiha

WOW
That would make sense if:

1.Cesc wouldn't have left and we wouldn't have paid 39M EUROS to take him back.
2.Thiago would have actually had only Cesc in front of him and not a Xavi that wants to play every 3 days even when he's clearly exhausted.
3.Pep wouldn't have gave Thiago far more minutes(and important ones) even if he had to use him as a winger or as a DM against weak teams at home:
-in 2011-2012: 38 starts+16 subs
-in 2012-2013: 20 starts+16 subs

:worthy:

No one is to blame for this situation but Tito. Not Cesc and certainly not Pep.

Last edited:

ryaninho

Everyone is saying cesc is one of the reason he has not been playing much, but fail to see the postions that cesc has been playing this season. 1st half of the season cesc being ahead of him was justified cesc was on fire. 2nd half of the season cesc did not really have a position he played many while xavi lock his position

Ronaldinho

Loan him to Milan would be a better idea than Arsenal as Milan doesn't have other creative CM besides Montolivo, btw IMO Tito is to blame and with his age and injury Xavi should begin to slow down

ShandyFFM

I guess Barca was pretty sure no one would pay the 18mil for Thiago after this year. Now after the Euro Sub 21 everyone is amused about the 18mil. But yes i guess there is no one to blame. If Thiago would have been that good all season long he would have played more. But simple as it is Tito sees them train and decides whos in a better shape and with players like Messi,Xavi,Iniesta who are in a superb shape if no injured its probably impossible to become a regular starter even if Xavi isnt the youngest anymore.

Galning

I guess Barca was pretty sure no one would pay the 18mil for Thiago after this year. Now after the Euro Sub 21 everyone is amused about the 18mil. But yes i guess there is no one to blame..

No. Barça obviously didn't want the 18M buy-out clause, Thiago did. If he'd played a couple of minutes more then his buy-out clause would be 90M so there definitely are people to blame.

jamrock

yes pep brought in cesc but he did so with a plan in mind the 343, so all the midfielders got the minutes, and when cesc started to stink up the place he was on the bench and thiago was still getting go minutes, this situation is all down to tito and he needs to stop lying that he didn't know about the clause i am sure pep knew if it in his last season and i can't believe he did tell his right hand man.

tito just doesn't rate thiago just look at pep's comment regarding thiago when ever a question was asked it was always something positive tito is just like whatever when asked

Butaan4barca

yes pep brought in cesc but he did so with a plan in mind the 343, so all the midfielders got the minutes, and when cesc started to stink up the place he was on the bench and thiago was still getting go minutes, this situation is all down to tito and he needs to stop lying that he didn't know about the clause i am sure pep knew if it in his last season and i can't believe he did tell his right hand man.

tito just doesn't rate thiago just look at pep's comment regarding thiago when ever a question was asked it was always something positive tito is just like whatever when asked

Letting thiago go, FOR MATA ?? :banghead::banghead:

Home of Barca Fans