Thiago Alcantara

jamrock

he will still be a bench player at bayern but with pep so that makes it much better.
also though i hate Jose think he could do something special with him
pellegrini too.

moyes i'm not so sure

Richard.H

barcastuff‏@barcastuff
Barcelona midfielder Thiago (22), who can leave for 18M this summer, has received two concrete offers, from Man United and Bayern. [md]

Going to Bayern will guarantee him sitting on the bench.

I pray to all the deities out there, please let him stay in Barca! :please:

He would be a COMPLETE idiot to go to Bayern. He will get less playing time there than he did here. His best bet is Man U, where he would surely have a chance to show off his talents.

It would be completely hilarious if we let him go, then 3 years later (when Xavi has no legs), we buy him back for 40-50 mill. Gotta love Barca transfer management.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Moyes will be fine. You only have to look at what he did with Arteta. Thiago is certainly a supreme package though.

Gaudi

We can say this or that but I belive 99% of us here agree, loosing Thiago form 18 mil is stupidity on square...awful managment

Maria

Pique: "We should convince Thiago so that he decides to stay. Xavi has also be patient and in the end he has marked an era at this club."

When Pep left in 2001, Xavi was 21 y.o. and the next season has made 53 appearences. Now Thiago is 22 and Xavi is saying in the press that he is feeling like a youngster again and that he wants/needs to play every 3 days. From that point I don't understand why anyone would compare the 2 of them.
And it seems that Pique is more of a president lately: telling the fans how we should feel, telling Tito what he should do and now advising Thiago to do something that he didn't and that he admited that it was the right thing to do at the time. I also found this article about Pique from 2004:

"En unas declaraciones a 'Ona Catalana', Bernabeu recordó que desde que su nieto empezó en el Barca, con nueve años, ha tenido "un comportamiento extraordinario".

"Este año tenía que jugar en el Juvenil B y le pasaron directamente al A, lo que demuestra que tenían total confianza en él", dijo."

Where Pique' grandfather admits that the club trusted Pique and took him with Juvenil A although he should have been with Juvenil B..and he still chose to leave. Thiago and Deulofeu at his age where offered houndres of thoudands of euros and they still remained at Barca, unlike Pique and his best friend. So maybe he should take it easy with the lessons outside the football field and be more concentrated on what he has to do on the pitch.

Agreed with Maria although right now he's doing the best he can do to make Thiago stay. Obviously a big, big loss if he leaves. If he does, splash the cash on T.S, please..

SwiftGuyver

i can't believe this is actually happening! it must be a nightmare...

if we lose Thiago this summer it will really take the shine off of the Neymar signing for me. watching him with the U21 team confirmed what a natural leader he is on and off the pitch and he also comes across as such a nice, humble guy. he is the perfect face for Barca for the next decade and i just hope our management act fast and secure his future with us. i can't believe we could easily lose him and at the same time are being linked with players like Reina, Torres & Mathieu! :shakeshead:

PaCmAn

Pep is to blame mostly with what's happening with Thiago, he chased Cesc knowing that this could affect Thiago's development with the Barça team.

I was all up for Selling Cesc in order for keeping Thiago, but now changed my mind. At least with Cesc he wants to stay and fight for his place with Barça, unlike Thiago who is willingly flirting with Man U. If Thiago wants to leave then so be it, but hope the club don't add a buy back option in his clause, once you leave, you leave.

ryuken

I see Montoya and Bartra going too if there are good offers, knowing our coach :tito:

And imo Thiago is as good as gone.

O

Obito Uchiha

Pep is to blame mostly with what's happening with Thiago, he chased Cesc knowing that this could affect Thiago's development with the Barça team.

Nope, it's Tito's fault for not giving Thiago enough playing time. Not Pep's or Cesc's. Pep trusted youngsters like Thiago way more than Tito did. Just take a look at last season and this season: Thiago played way more last season. If Pep were the coach, Thiago would have gotten a good amount of playing time, his buyout clause would still be at 90M, and we wouldn't have this mess.

However, I'd sell Cesc IF we need to do so to keep Thiago.

Last edited:

PaulFCB

Banned
Him and Pedro are excellent at the National Teams, Pedro scores like crazy for Spain, Thiago for U21 and not the first time he is doing well in the summer over there, they should catapult him now to the VdB cause he's 22 already.

raskolnikov

The only way he might stay is if they promise him playingtime and convince him. However it seems Tito actually prefers Xavi playing much more and Thiago being patient making the same amount of minutes as this season.

Butaan4barca

The only way he might stay is if they promise him playingtime and convince him. However it seems Tito actually prefers Xavi playing much more and Thiago being patient making the same amount of minutes as this season.

It won't happen, naturally he will take more minutes. (and on merit too). But if the rumors are too, he wan'ts guarantees that he will start important games, not just cups and leagues games against weaker opponents. I know there is very less likelyhood of that rumors being true and he will know for sure, he can't get any such guarantees in any team. Definetely not in Manu, or byern munic.

I wish he stays, but there are so many guenuine reasons to believe that there are more chances of him leaving. But should he chose to stay. he won't need guarantees to start imporantant games, he will naturally start benching others, with that kind of displays.

Home of Barca Fans