Thiago Alcantara

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
From what I`ve seen, Thiago Alcantara has a nice touch and is a good passer. Hope to see him again vs. Osasuna.

jairzinho

Great video by the way Warik....Thiago has an amazing first touch and his ball control is flawless...not to mention his right foot on set pieces....he reminds me of messi when he is running with the ball at his feet.........what is his ideal position by the way...?....i could swear i saw him playing on the right for spain....didn't he play on the left for Barca against Mallorca on sunday.?

beef-supreme

Loving his little Xavi/Iniesta turns!! So exciting to think that we have another midfielder like the two of them coming up through the ranks

Warik

After seeing Thiago do well in his debut I have to question the need for Cesc beyond some sentimental stuff tbh. I just think if we use Thiago as a squad player he'll grow into something else entirely. Anyway for me he is more like Deco than Xavi and Iniesta. The thing he has that Bojan lacked last season and Pedro lacks currently is the intelligence to know when to pass and when to dribble.

Last edited:

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
You make a good point, but imo Cesc still needs to come back because he has a lot to offer and will give us more quality in depth. Titi Alcantara will play a part in next season's campaign, hopefully. I have very high hopes for the kid now.

Warik

Thiago rejected Chelsea offer

Asked about the future of Barcelona Atlètic attacking midfielder and Spanish youth international Thiago Alcántara (18), the player's father Mazinho has said in an interview with Catalan radio station Ona FM that the player has no intention to leave:

"We still didn't sign a professional contract but there's a lot of chance we will be able to sign one. We're calm. Myself, Barcelona and the boy are happy here and we're surely continue here for a long time.

When Thiago turned sixteen, he received a serious offer from Chelsea but it didn't interest us because Barcelona always works very well with the youth. I don't have any doubts that he won't leave. Rafa, the little one, is also being followed by a lot of foreign clubs but we're happy at Barça and they're happy with us.

Rafa might be a more complete player from a coaches' point of view because he's tactically very disciplined. He fulfills what the coach is asking him. Thiago, who is technically very good and has more self-belief, sometimes wants to do a little too much. I think it's a player who can make it and who has everything to play at whatever team.

I'm very happy that my son isn't compared with me, the former world champion. Because normally people tend to make comparisons with the fathers. I don't like it but it's normal. But Thiago Alcántara has come this far because he's Thiago, not because he's the son of Mazinho. I think that's clear for everyone."

========================================

Should be priority one to sign him up tbh. He's shown loyalty despite us doing nothing for 2 years...

shadows

Should be priority one to sign him up tbh. He's shown loyalty despite us doing nothing for 2 years...

Yes we should sign him and promote him to the first team for next season....But how can you say we havent done anything..He has just turned 18 and he will get his contract this year..

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
while credit should go to thiago, I think a lot of it should go to mazinho too.

kids at that age don't tend to make the decision without tremendous parental influence. and this is the benefit of having an ex-player for a parent. mazinho knows that learning your trade as well as possible is more important than gaining money which is why he advised thiago to stay at barca.

but let's not think of him as a messi/iniesta type yet! there's a hint in there ("to play at whatever team") that mazinho is willing to move the kid along if he feels the offer's not right. so we should definitely get on it asap coz the boy is the real deal. hopefully he falls in love with the club as messi and iniesta did.

Home of Barca Fans