Thiago Alcantara

Doobs

The Messiah
Like I said earlier, If the kid has the nerve to choose Madrid of all teams, Sell him immediately. Lets not forget this is all speculation as of now.

EDIT: I also believe this is a ploy from his pop to make sure he gets more playing time next season.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Thiago bias is seriously annoying. They can't appreciate thiago without putting down cesc. Even when I explain why his second half of the season is poor (out of position) they don't listen because they hate him from day one and even when he plays brilliantly (first half of season when he actually plays in Midfield) they downplay his achievements

When I explain this they ignore my points and just repeat whatever shit they were saying before anyway.

It's like you're outcasted on the forum for liking what cesc can achieve at the club and also you're not allowed to put down thiago, even when he constantly gave the ball away to Madrid in the liga clasico at the bernabeu

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Like I said earlier, If the kid has the nerve to choose Madrid of all teams, Sell him immediately. Lets not forget this is all speculation as of now.

EDIT: I also believe this is a ploy from his pop to make sure he gets more playing time next season.
Sort of agree, I will lose massive respect for Thiago is he chooses Real Madrid. Techniqually he was honest on having success in football than barça, but I honestly don't see the point of that by joining the arch-rival. I don't think he wants to risk being the new Figo. Either way I see this is as a stupid rumor at the end of the day. I just hope we do not lose Thiago, if we do lets just hope it's not RM.

Doobs

The Messiah
Thiago bias is seriously annoying. They can't appreciate thiago without putting down cesc. Even when I explain why his second half of the season is poor (out of position) they don't listen because they hate him from day one and even when he plays brilliantly (first half of season when he actually plays in Midfield) they downplay his achievements

When I explain this they ignore my points and just repeat whatever shit they were saying before anyway.

It's like you're outcasted on the forum for liking what cesc can achieve at the club and also you're not allowed to put down thiago, even when he constantly gave the ball away to Madrid in the liga clasico at the bernabeu

This. Youngie, another vocal Cesc fan was banned too. Although he did get carried away.

Cesc is going to get hate here no matter what. Might as well deal with it.

XaviMessiGirl

This. Youngie, another vocal Cesc fan was banned too. Although he did get carried away.

Cesc is going to get hate here no matter what. Might as well deal with it.

Well Youngie did other things like insult people, it wasn't being a vocal Cesc fan that got him banned.

I do think that Cesc & a few other players get more hate than they deserve. Honestly when seeing what's going on with some of the people in charge at the club, you have to wonder how much is really the players' fault if they're underperforming.

But if I had to have ONLY one of Thiago or Cesc, I would pick Thiago but that's just my opinion.

Garrus

First of all, I have no doubt that his father is the man behind the curtain, He whined multiple times before about thiago, And deliberately tried to cast shadows on his son's future, When there wasn't any to begin with.
No one doubts that he'll be leading the midfield in the future, Given that he actually keeps working hard, No one questions this, Not tito, Not the players, Or even thiago himself, But this circus that's happening now is unacceptable, If he or his father think this is the way to get more minutes, Then they'll be dead wrong, And if he had any genuine intent to leave and not just try to force the coach to give him more minutes or a raise by making cheap threats, Then he would've already been gone by now, Not making ambiguous and vague comments like "We'll see after the euros"
He's not doing himself any favors not with the coach or the club, And certainly not with the fans.

Last edited:

abual3bed1

Yes his father is the man behind all this, but Thiago could've just shut them all up with some simple words like Alexis did few days ago.

Xavi_Hernandez

Thiago shouldn't go. It's a bit the same situation that Xavi had when Guardiola was still playing, when he considered going to Manchester United because he didn't get as much playing time as he wanted back then. Thiago is still very young and in a few years Xavi has stepped down as player, Iniesta was and will never going to play all matches which means a lot of playing time for him (and Cesc also). Honestly, I would be very disappointed if he leaves because he is our future in midfield.

And btw, Thiago (or Cesc) can't replace Xavi by playing exactly the same as Xavi does. Has Xavi replaced Guardiola by playing exactly the same as him? I don't think so.

Gilberto

I will be very happy if he will leave us. He is not good enough for barca. He makes too many stupid deciscions and mistakes. They should buy the turkish player of dortmund. Thats a very good xavi replacement.

Turkish player of dortmund? You mean Gündogan? He is german, but I get your point. And Thiago is definitely good enough for Barca, he only needs to play more often

BADGERBHOY

Thiago shouldn't go. It's a bit the same situation that Xavi had when Guardiola was still playing, when he considered going to Manchester United because he didn't get as much playing time as he wanted back then. Thiago is still very young and in a few years Xavi has stepped down as player, Iniesta was and will never going to play all matches which means a lot of playing time for him (and Cesc also). Honestly, I would be very disappointed if he leaves because he is our future in midfield.

And btw, Thiago (or Cesc) can't replace Xavi by playing exactly the same as Xavi does. Has Xavi replaced Guardiola by playing exactly the same as him? I don't think so.

Well said. The boy needs to be patient. He will be a permanent fixture in our midfield in time although the management must carry the can for this. They should have gave him more playing time especially with Xavi struggling at times this season.

As for Tito not knowing about the clause, that is absolutely ridiculous. How could you agree to something like that and not tell the coach?

AL-MALKI

If he is moving to madrid…I hope they could do it fast so we could have time to negotiate with Isco before he moves to city

Doobs

The Messiah
But if I had to have ONLY one of Thiago or Cesc, I would pick Thiago but that's just my opinion.

I would too no doubt. Thiago is our future, but the hate for a genuinely committed and talented player who we're fortune to have at our club, is not justified.

Mr Hulot

Well Youngie did other things like insult people, it wasn't being a vocal Cesc fan that got him banned.

I do think that Cesc & a few other players get more hate than they deserve. Honestly when seeing what's going on with some of the people in charge at the club, you have to wonder how much is really the players' fault if they're underperforming.

I agree that Cesc gets a lot of undeserved hate, but the reason in my opinion is that he gets way more minutes from Tito than he really deserves. I personally really like Cesc, but the fact that he plays ahead of Thiago, who is in way better form,makes me mad!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thiago's father is no choirboy but he was here in the package from day one. Coincidentally, Tito is appointed manager and now we have a problem. Add Montoya and Tello to that list too. Oh, and Valdes departure and most talented B player set to leave on loan. (Weren't we all about promoting our best youngsters?)

Not saying Tito is entirely to blame for every player mentioned but he did display lack of intelligence when dealing with those youngsters and indirectly putting Barca future in danger.

Basically, Rosell likes Tito because he's a manager that he can push around and Tito needs Rosell because where else would he get a job of this stature.

Home of Barca Fans