Thiago Alcantara

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
with mascherano coming his playing time for first team looks nihil

I don't think that way...Considering Iniesta has been so injury prone, I suspect, we'll see Thiago plenty

When he came to shoot the PK I said: "Oh, he's going to miss it" and then BAM, a rocket! Impressive!

It's funny, for me, he looked the most confident to take his pk...When he walked up, he looked like he didn't hesitate one iota

shann

Xavi es mi hombre
Improved Spain's game by a mile when he came in. He was just simply classy. Kid has a gut and follows it.

yeswecan

Keita - Thiago should be our back-up midfield pair . keita takes xavi's role in ball possession and short passing and thiago will take iniesta's role to design attacks behind our three front players .

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Keita - Thiago should be our back-up midfield pair . keita takes xavi's role in ball possession and short passing and thiago will take iniesta's role to design attacks behind our three front players .

This claim makes no sense really.

Keita's far from being as good as Xavi in ball possession, vision, splitting passes and dictating the tempo of the game.

Despite of Seydou being a hard worker, he's a box-to-box midfielder who has nothing on Xavi.

Not even as his sub.

Last edited:

JAMAIN

I like him much better than Santos as well. But I think the coaches see Santos as having more potential to grow into the better player at the end of day as he has size and probably is a stronger on the ball (not that we saw that against Seville in the Supercup). Tiago is good already and his maturity and playing level is of a higher standard that Santos. He could be a starter on ten other first division clubs right now, however, maybe with his skillset he is not going to grow that much more onced his fully peaked compared to Santos.

Home of Barca Fans