Thiago Alcantara

B

Barca4life1000

Thiago is the truth! He will be the next star from the acadamy......mark my words....

Co0ter

I have to agree, the kid is exciting to watch and plays with a lot of confidence. I like that. He isn't afraid to take on defenders with pace, even in tight spaces with defenders. I personally haven't had the chance to watch him enough to know this, but if his vision is anywhere near impressive he has a bright future for us. He seemed to create space and trip up defenders but his teamates don't have a good awareness of him yet to put themselves into position to accept a pass.

Dos Santos played pretty well too other than that bad pass he made to Pinto. He seems to have an eye for intercepting passes. Maybe he could develop into a great DM, or even as a distributor. If Mascherano comes however I dont see him getting much playing time.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think that Pep favors Jonathan but who knows. We could certainly use Thiago to relieve Iniesta or Xavi from time to time.

Trequartista

The good
I think that Pep favors Jonathan but who knows. We could certainly use Thiago to relieve Iniesta or Xavi from time to time.

thats something I cant understand,JDs is a very good talent but Thiago is superb and even when he is one year younger he is ahead of JDS IMO now.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
During these 2 seasons I think we came to understand that Pep is cautious with promoting players. Sergi was 20 and Pedro 22 when they broke in and established themselves. With Barca B being able to play at a higher level I only see him continuing in that vein. And as Pep himself revealed, he would use youngsters from time to time, not exactly promoting one as a full blown first team player as we had last 2 seasons.

Trequartista

The good
During these 2 seasons I think we came to understand that Pep is cautious with promoting players. Sergi was 20 and Pedro 22 when they broke in and established themselves. With Barca B being able to play at a higher level I only see him continuing in that vein. And as Pep himself revealed, he would use youngsters from time to time, not exactly promoting one as a full blown first team player as we had last 2 seasons.
thats true,even if we sign nomore players,Noone will be promoted,I was just talking that when we wanted a CMF last season,Pep always chose JDS ahead of Thiago,I think that the same will happen this year,but the policy of not rushing our young players is great.

desoe

Thiago is the truth! He will be the next star from the acadamy......mark my words....

Mark your words? It's not like you're making some kind of a great discovery? :lol:

The bad feeling I have about Thiago is that he's a little bit different of the Pedro & Busi type (even JDS'), which I guess it's a normal thing as he's a half-brazilian. What I mean is that he looks like a guy with a very high confidence and eagerness to start playing football on the big scene. What scares me is that very soon he could start showing signs of unpatience with this "slow promotion" and another GDS case could be just over the corner. Hope I'm wrong, though. But his contract with the club is not the longest one, too.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
So, some of you are finally seeing the awesome of Thiago?

Better later than never, eh? ;)

Home of Barca Fans