User Tag List

Page 30 of 1035 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240801305301030 ... LastLast

Thread: Thiago Alcantara

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iniesta doesn't give much assist either, xavi provides more from a deeper role, in the modern game the AM needs to score, which is why cesc would play best there

everything that you said about iniesta applies to thiago, to play him that deep would be an absolute waste of a player that has so much talent and skill on the ball its not even funny.

of all the players we have or have been linked with iniesta is the best a playing the xavi role.

Unlike we are going to wait on
    Rafa
    Pol Calvet
    Fernando Quesada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VERY few ppl can do what Xavi/Pirlo type of players do.

Maybe Cesc, but he's so good as attacking midfielder, you think he would enjoy a deeper CM role more?

The good
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uefa described him as a skillful defensive midfielder!!! http://www.uefa.com/under19/news/new...nder-19+finals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone on another thread said Sport are reporting that Arteta might be another option if/when the Cesc deal collapses. Certainly feasible to get him and then intriduce Thiago on a gradual basis

The good
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stokebarca View Post
    Someone on another thread said Sport are reporting that Arteta might be another option if/when the Cesc deal collapses. Certainly feasible to get him and then intriduce Thiago on a gradual basis
    Zubuzaretta said that if no Cesc,we will depend on Thiago,JDS and Sergi Roberto and I think that this is a great decision.

Bomb Dropper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only problems with iniesta in the deeper role are that he's not as strong as xavi and he's more prone to turning the ball over.

but really our whole game will have to change once xavi retires because there's no one like him. yes stylistically jona and rafa are similar, but what xavi does; playing such simple football at a world-class level, is so beyond world-class you need a new description for it. he's one of the greatest midfielders of all-time and there's no way we'll have a straight replacement without the quality and rhythm of the team (which is so dependant on xavi) plummeting

our game will become much more vertical once xavi retires, based on the incisive passes that cesc is so fond of and iniesta's glorious 1-2's.

IMAKEMADBEATS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysical View Post
    only problems with iniesta in the deeper role are that he's not as strong as xavi and he's more prone to turning the ball over.

but really our whole game will have to change once xavi retires because there's no one like him. yes stylistically jona and rafa are similar, but what xavi does; playing such simple football at a world-class level, is so beyond world-class you need a new description for it. he's one of the greatest midfielders of all-time and there's no way we'll have a straight replacement without the quality and rhythm of the team (which is so dependant on xavi) plummeting

our game will become much more vertical once xavi retires, based on the incisive passes that cesc is so fond of and iniesta's glorious 1-2's.
    true words, damn xavi why is he so special

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very true. In addition id like to say when are they going to invent something that can keep players like Xavi going for another 100 years. Damn Xavi for getting old and retiring!

Legion of Doooom
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysical View Post

This, except there hopefully won't be Cesc, instead Thiago or JDS or whatever. The obsession with replacing Xavi needs to end, there will never be another Xavi.

High Definition Member

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well iniesta managed to replace deco, i thought a man like him would never be replaced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully someone is hard at work in the cantera developing future talent for the regista/playmaking position of Xavi. I'm surprised his role isn't covered more by the various tactical gurus. Xavi doesn't normally play as deep as a "#4" type like Guardiola/Pirlo, but for Barcelona he is usually not high enough to quality for a #8/10 either. He has made the #6 all his own. His mental understanding of the game is just off the charts. Never seen anything like it outside of the man Pep himself.
    "He moves like a Turkish belly dancer on a skimboard!"- Ray Hudson on Ronaldinho

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi Hernandez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iniesta is not a LW at Barcelona. Our whole current philosophy of a LW is someone with pace and scoring ability. Iniesta has neither of those. Sure he can create chances for others at LW but so could someone else who also has pace and can score goals. Putting him at LW is a waste of his talent and overall making our team worse. Forget that idea please.

Anxiously waiting for the next match
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Co0ter View Post
    Iniesta is not a LW at Barcelona. Our whole current philosophy of a LW is someone with pace and scoring ability. Iniesta has neither of those. Sure he can create chances for others at LW but so could someone else who also has pace and can score goals. Putting him at LW is a waste of his talent and overall making our team worse. Forget that idea please.
    that is why we bought david villa.. only reason iniesta would play left wing is if we bought cesc and sold ibra
    "I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi Hernandez

!!Visca Barça!! !!Visca Catalunya!!

The good
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Co0ter View Post
    Have you watched the World Cup?

Mikrofonkåt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mido_Cule View Post
    Have you watched the World Cup?
    He didn't say he cannot play as a winger. He just said that he isen't which is true because his primary position is LAM.
    "Just because I don't watch La Liga, it doesn't mean I don't know who the players are."
    Someone questions whether Guillem Laporta is a good player.
    "I don't know him.... He'll be another crap player. "
    - VivaUnited

Rayo