Thiago Alcantara

Riordon

Imagine if our board could get Alaba for 20m, Thiago for 30m, Partey for 50m and Aubameyang for 20m. 120m, possibly lower it by involving Coutinho. About 20m more than one Lautaro. Its not like this is a wish scenario but the most frequent price mentioned for these players.

What a team that would be. Number 1 in the world right away IMO.

FinBarcelonafan

Imagine if our board could get Alaba for 20m, Thiago for 30m, Partey for 50m and Aubameyang for 20m. 120m, possibly lower it by involving Coutinho. About 20m more than one Lautaro. Its not like this is a wish scenario but the most frequent price mentioned for these players.

Sign me up. This would be awesome.

Riordon

Sign me up. This would be awesome.

If we are being realistic, I actually wouldn't be surprised if the board is working on the Thiago deal away from media. Possibly also Alaba. Its just a feeling a have. Aubameyang IMO also a realistic option especially if Arsenal is serious about Coutinho.

But Partey no way.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we are being realistic, I actually wouldn't be surprised if the board is working on the Thiago deal away from media. Possibly also Alaba. Its just a feeling a have. Aubameyang IMO also a realistic option especially if Arsenal is serious about Coutinho.

But Partey no way.

No chance. According to RAC1 Bartomeu has told the management that there is no money for any transfers and and that only money generated from sales can be used on signing players.

This is why these Lautaro rumors have gone cold now too with talk about him staying at Inter at least another season.

Catta

Imagine if our idiotic board didn't panic after Neymar left, and didn't spend all the money on the two biggest flops in history. Now we would have the money to buy those players without even selling anyone.

Coutinho and Dembele didn't contribute to anything at the club, that money should have been saved, and the results would have stayed the same, probably would have been even better.

Messi983

Real Madrid had Isco, Kovacic and James behind Modric, Kroos and Casemiro when they won La Liga + CL. When they lost James they brought in Ceballos and Marcos Llorente back from loan. When Kovacic left Fede Valverde got a more prominent role. Had COVID-19 not appeared they would have likely signed Pogba.

Meanwhile people here want to have Riqui, Alena, that Brazilian dude and Pedri as our backup MF lol. I love Pedri and Riqui has been doing well, but you need some immediate quality. A deep squad really helps.

Too bad we've got no cash and our management and board is mentally challenged anyway, but 30m for Alaba, 30m for Thiago and 50m for Thomas Partey would improve the team a lot.

You can sell Vidal and Rakitic. Start phasing out Busquets. Loan out Pedri for 1-2 years until he's polished like RM are doing with ?degaard.

Madrid always had much more depth. When was the last time we've had anywhere close to two starting quality players at every position? I honestly don't remember. We've had 14-15 top quality players and when we were winning we were usually lucky none of them got injured longterm.

I would like to have a proven depth quality as well but we don't even have three starting quality midfielders right now (no, Busi shouldn't be a starter anymore) and for bench/squad players I prefer younger, cheaper and motivated players like Pedri, Riqui or even Alena (though I don't really rate him that much) over expensive past their prime veterans who can't run anymore.

Judoman

Real Madrid had Isco, Kovacic and James behind Modric, Kroos and Casemiro when they won La Liga + CL. When they lost James they brought in Ceballos and Marcos Llorente back from loan. When Kovacic left Fede Valverde got a more prominent role. Had COVID-19 not appeared they would have likely signed Pogba.

Meanwhile people here want to have Riqui, Alena, that Brazilian dude and Pedri as our backup MF lol. I love Pedri and Riqui has been doing well, but you need some immediate quality. A deep squad really helps.

Too bad we've got no cash and our management and board is mentally challenged anyway, but 30m for Alaba, 30m for Thiago and 50m for Thomas Partey would improve the team a lot.

You can sell Vidal and Rakitic. Start phasing out Busquets. Loan out Pedri for 1-2 years until he's polished like RM are doing with ?degaard.

This has been our reality since Pep's Barca. Since than at least one line needed upgrade at any given time, usually more. But it all starts on top, all this time we never had a wc coach. Just look what Klopp did in Lpool in short amount of time with way weaker foundations.

Considering the amount of money spent it is tragic.

Newcomer

Almost impossible for any team in the world. They are all on huge wage.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Christian Falk saying on his podcast just a few minutes ago that there's an agreement in place between Thiago and Liverpool. Not surprising if true and also really doesn't change the current situation much. “Thiago and Klopp have been in talks for weeks now. Thiago sees Liverpool as a dream club. Liverpool in his mind is perfect, he is pushing.”

I really want this to be true. But unless Gini leaves I can't see it this summer.

I'll save my thoughts if this does come to fruition :D

Messigician

Christian Falk saying on his podcast just a few minutes ago that there's an agreement in place between Thiago and Liverpool. Not surprising if true and also really doesn't change the current situation much. ?Thiago and Klopp have been in talks for weeks now. Thiago sees Liverpool as a dream club. Liverpool in his mind is perfect, he is pushing.?

I really want this to be true. But unless Gini leaves I can't see it this summer.

If he's going anywhere it's Liverpool

fergus90

Christian Falk saying on his podcast just a few minutes ago that there's an agreement in place between Thiago and Liverpool. Not surprising if true and also really doesn't change the current situation much. ?Thiago and Klopp have been in talks for weeks now. Thiago sees Liverpool as a dream club. Liverpool in his mind is perfect, he is pushing.?

I'm pretty confident he will end up at Liverpool and I hope he does, it'll be good to see him in the premier league. Fingers crossed fans will be allowed back in the stadium by the time Pool visit Villa park and I can watch him in action.

I'm very surprised more clubs aren't interested, but to be fair it doesn't get much better than Liverpool being interested in you in their current state. So makes sense he would be set on a move there.

Home of Barca Fans