Thiago Alcantara

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I also really doubt that he is going to move to madrid after bayern sold vidal

According to the latest Bayern insider info, Bayern is open to selling him if the price is right. They think their squad is too big and they want to offload a few players. Boateng and him are most likely to leave.

Ursegor

World Champion
Its obviously bullshit rumours lol. Its so obvious how can people fall for that? Thiago would never move to Madrid.

When he moved to Bayern he said he would have no problems joining Madrid as it's "just football". He was directly asked this question because he was linked with United as well as Madrid back then.

xXKonan

While I would love to have him back, I don't think I will completely understand how Thiago has this cult/fanatic following he does from the some of the Barca fanbase that to a point these guys will accuse you of being some sort of board lover if you aren't completely 100% sure about him.

Crazy how extremely defensive some Barca fans get if you have concerns about some of his injury history and ability. Hell you already have some defending the idea of going to Real. :lol:

BBZ8800

This might actually happen...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmTZ_sjA20t/?taken-by=ivanperisic444

The Croatian delegation at work. Unreal influence.

Even more: Modric and Vrsaljko are from the same city. And Perisic is from a city close to them.
Something like: imagine 3 guys born in Barcelona playing together. It is not the same as playing with guys from other parts of Spain.
Ok, Barca vs Madrid is hostile, but still, Modric, Vrsaljko and Perisic are guys from the same city/area/same culture/hobbies/style of life.

I can easily see Modric wanting to move there and turning a new page.
Also, sources say that he will earn 10M per year, plus that he has a guaranteed transfer to China, since Inter's owner owns a club there, so Modric will sign a deal:
4 years at Inter and then 2 years at China, for 10M per year=60M in total for a guy almost 33 years old.

Quite a nice longterm deal.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Their midfield will be worse when he is on the pitch. He is below modric and kroos. Modric will leave sooner or later and he is a downgrade, also not always available.

We don’t like him because he left the club to glory hunt for Pep. Now people want him back to ruin development of Arthur and the youngsters, fuck off. Worked well for Barca though as they have been plenty successful without him.

Thiago fanboys are insanely annoying.

Modric is staying though. With Thiago they'll be able to rotate more effectively and keep their starters fresh for the big games. Now they have Ceballos and some other dude.

serghei

Sorry, but we have great talents in the team and we don't actually need him too much. We needed him in the last 2-3 seasons though. Now the improvements in midfield are great and we have two great talents lining up with Alena and Puig. Roberto will also see more midfield action this season.

Ship has sailed for him at Barca. Wrong career choice at the worst time just before we put together a monster team in 2015. He doesn't care too much about Barca though that much is clear, so he could be joining Madrid if they want him.

I see more CM talent in Arthur.

Last edited:

ASordidGod

I'm a huge fan of Thiago, one of my favourite players. Earlier this summer I was adamant we should sign him. And indeed I still think he's better than any of our mids bar Busquets. (Coutinho at this point I'm classing as a FW). However I've high hopes for Arthur, heard good things about Puig and Alena (the latter admittedly I've seen nothing in the handful of mins he's had to suggest he can be top quality; hell, Foden looks the better player and he's like 2 years younger; but hopefully I'm wrong and he'll make it); that added to his price and injury history and I'm inclined to agree that the time to sign him has passed.

That is assuming, however, that Valverde gives the young guys a chance. Meaning Puig has to play every Copa game unless we get Real, maybe even some league games against lesser opponents, and Arthur needs to be getting minimum 20, 25 starts. I'm also hoping we can sign De Jong, which would make more sense long term. However if none of that happens, if we end up the majority of games 442 with Rakitic rm and Vidal in centre, well then I'm sorry but the decision not to sigh Thiago is insanity. So yeah, in conclusion I'm hopeful but skeptical. :lol:

George_Costanza

However if none of that happens, if we end up the majority of games 442 with Rakitic rm and Vidal in centre, well then I'm sorry but the decision not to sigh Thiago is insanity. So yeah, in conclusion I'm hopeful but skeptical. :lol:

This is what I'm afraid of and the likely scenario but I hope I'm wrong.

Thiago in 18/19 so far:

4 matches
360 minutes played

1 Goal
365 completed passes (93% accuracy)
8 Key passes
44 long balls ( 91% completed)
8 Dribblings (75% completed)
11 interceptions
38 duels (58% won)
10 Tackles (90% successful)

Home of Barca Fans