Thiago Alcantara

Catta

It's better for us if Real gets him, that would mean that they wouldn't try for Pogba or Eriksen. He won't be anything special for them, he is not a leader and is a downgrade from Modric.

raskolnikov

It turns my stomach that we sign vidal and chase the likes of Rabiot and Pogba while Madrid will end up with an Isco/Thiago midfield...

Raketa10

It turns my stomach that we sign vidal and chase the likes of Rabiot and Pogba while Madrid will end up with an Isco/Thiago midfield...

Our midfield is finally in a good shape with a few fantastic talents on the bench (Arthur, Alena and Puig in B team) so I don’t see what is problem here? It’s not like Thiago is on the level of Modric.

If we manage to sign De Jong before the end of August and Pogba next summer our midfield will be sorted out for the next 7-8 years.

As much as I wanted Thiago back I must admit that bringing him here would limit the developement of Arthur and Alena and as things stand right now it’s the right decision to bet on them. Also what kind of message would we sent to La Masia kids if we brought him back for 70mil?

Last edited:

Joan

Fucking board.. not only that they made our hero Thiago join Bayern and follow Pep but now they're making him go to Real!!! Fuck Segura, screw Bartomeu.

Joan

Our midfield is finally in a good shape with a few fantastic talents on the bench (Arthur, Alena and Puig in B team) so I don’t see what is problem here? It’s not like Thiago is on the level of Modric.

If we manage to sign De Jong before the end of August and Pogba next summer our midfield will be sorted out for the next 7-8 years.

As much as I wanted Thiago here 8 must admit that bringing him here would limit the developement of Arthur and Alena and as things stand right now it’s the right decision to bet on them.
I'd rather get Eriksen than Pogba. That would be a dream.

Raketa10

I am personally not a fan of Eriksen but I can understand your point. To be fair I hope we won’t need any of them if our youngsters develop.

We’ll se if Coutinho will play as a midfielder or LW. If he’ll play as midfielder I would rather opt for Pogba but if decide to use him as a LW than buying Eriksen would make sense.

I honestly don’t see Eriksen as a CM player, he is much more an AM and I am not sure we need that.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

I really dont want any Galactico signings anymore (unless its a Suarez replacement in ~1-2years). We will see if Arthur is good enough in time - after that we can evaluate further midfield additions. Really think Frenkie+Arthur with Rakitic and Vidal smoothing the transition is the way to go.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
How did we actually get rid of him? It was his decision.

They let his clause be low by not playing him towards the end of the season. The guy left to the European champion and showed no Barca dna by helping them in their time of need. He has been rewarded with bundeliga titles nobody cares about and done nothing for Spain or in the champions league.

BarcaGirl

Hope he joins them. Couldn't care less about him ...overrated, injury prone and imho not a true cule. Would love to see Busquets & Co humiliating him in a clasico lol.

Home of Barca Fans