User Tag List

Page 1029 of 1034 FirstFirst ... 29529929979101910271028102910301031 ... LastLast
Results 15,421 to 15,435 of 15509

Thread: Thiago Alcantara

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems there is a a portion of the board who want to bring him back and there are also a portion who are against it. Rumors were that some board members don't like the idea of bringing back a player who left.

Barcelona are really trying these days to tie down their most promising young players with huge buyout clauses and long contracts with extension options.

This is just my theory, but perhaps Barca doesn't want to set a precedent where they spend big money on a former Masia player because they don't want current young players to think that they can leave for greater successes but still have Barca to fall back on in the future if things don't go so well and they want to come back.

This seems to be the case with both Thiago and Bellerin who both alluded to being open to returning to Barca but the price of both these players were through the roof.

And before people start mentioning Pique, Cesc, Alba etc...the market has gone crazy since those days and signing top players has exponentially increased in price.

Personally, I like this approach.
    Last edited by Devils; 2nd August 2018 at 07:30 PM.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soul24rage View Post
    Thiago would have only had to compete with Xavi and Iniesta in 2013 if Cesc didn't arrive back in 2011 so he would have definetly seen more opportunities. Thiago probably left because he didn't think he would have opportunities to get more games.
    Ironically, we might do the same to Arthur/De Jong (if he comes)/Alena/Puig now by signing Thiago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    Ironically, we might do the same to Arthur/De Jong (if he comes)/Alena/Puig now by signing Thiago.
    I think maybe this is also part of another reason why we are signing Vidal rather than Thiago because the likes Vidal, Busi, Rakitic might not going to be useful in 2 years time while easing the likes of Arthur, Alena, Puig and De Jong (if he comes) and giving assurances?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soul24rage View Post
    I think maybe this is also part of another reason why we are signing Vidal rather than Thiago because the likes Vidal, Busi, Rakitic might not going to be useful in 2 years time while easing the likes of Arthur, Alena, Puig and De Jong (if he comes) and giving assurances?
    They're going for Vidal because of his profile which EV likes. Why not for Thiago? Imo, (1) what you just said, trust in Arthur who's similar style-wise (2) what Devils said above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but isn't Thiago an injury prone? Didn't you post that 5 years injury chart? so plenty of playing time for Arthur and De Jong and will learn more football from Thiago than tequila shots from Vidal.
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual”.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent point.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well to be fair that’s true.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Costanza View Post
    Yes but isn't Thiago an injury prone? Didn't you post that 5 years injury chart? so plenty of playing time for Arthur and De Jong and will learn more football from Thiago than tequila shots from Vidal.
    Clutching at straws there. What if Thiago stays fit for a season, I've heard it's on Bayern's medical team, youngsters won't play at all?

It's like this, Vidal is a stopgap, won't last here for long. Thiago? If he comes, longterm solution. The club obviously doesn't want to take that path and I can see why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so glad that talk of signing Thiago has died down. Remember, signing ex-Barca players historically never turns out well, and he wasn't exactly setting Bayern and the Bundesliga alight either.

Time to move on. There's better options out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is heavily linked with Real now that Kovacic moved to Chelsea
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual”.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t see it happening.. doubt they would let Vidal and Thiago go in one window.. despite being stacked in midfield

High Definition Member

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barca Twitter will go into meltdown if that happened . They’ve been taking L after L for a long time now. Physical Barca is here and I’m ready for it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i hope they sign him.
    he will weaken their team comsiderably and that's good for Barca.

Barca fans on twittder fomt know what's good for them
    Romans 1:19-20
    Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real could sign him if Modric leaves...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gasgas View Post
    i hope they sign him.
    he will weaken their team comsiderably and that's good for Barca.

Barca fans on twittder fomt know what's good for them