Thiago Alcantara

Jombi

Who said they want to sell him for a low price?

50m-70m. I'd like to see some credible sources close to Bayern that say they want to get rid of him for that price. Almost everyone here seems to assume this, so thats why I ask, as I could have missed some information regarding this.

Joan

"I'm slow today"... Just today buddy?

Didn't Rummenigge say Thiago not for sale last week?

“Thiago is an important player for us and we have never once articulated the thought that he should leave the club,” he told Abendzeitung .

“There has never been anything to the story whatsoever.”

Aye, today. Didn't sleep at all since the match started at 4 am. You worry? Appreciate it.

Just like Niko Kovač said he didn't know what could happen, tons of reports claiming Uli wants to sell him. When asked about Thiago and Boateng he didn't want to deny the rumors Thiago's for sale but instead claimed Bayern's squad was too big and they needed to sell.

There's no definite answer. But, where there's smoke... if you believe Bayern don't want to sell, should've said it at the beginning.

If Thiago's not for sale, no reason for discussion.

Joan

The dodgy Bayern medical team has secretly been influencing Bayern signing over the years i.e. Robben, Ribery, Boateng, Martinez, Hummels, Thiago etc...so that they would have the most injury prone squad ever and losing Thiago to the traitor Pep would take away a significant contributor to medical business of the club.

Gotta thank Georgie for not keeping us in the dark!

Judoman

50m-70m. I'd like to see some credible sources close to Bayern that say they want to get rid of him for that price. Almost everyone here seems to assume this, so thats why I ask, as I could have missed some information regarding this.

No.
What i assume is, that his price is well over 50 mil. Closer to 100 mil, than 50.

Why?
Because if he was available for reasonable amount, the offers would be flying in.

I don t think you need "sources" to understand this. IF he is available, he is not cheap (50 mil or lower).

Jombi

No.
What i assume is, that his price is well over 50 mil. Closer to 100 mil, than 50.

Why?
Because if he was available for reasonable amount, the offers would be flying in.

I don t think you need "sources" to understand this. IF he is available, he is not cheap (50 mil or lower).

I am not objecting to any of this. Just go back a few pages in this thread and see. We have people concluding he is a bad player because no one wants to sign him for the low price Bayern apparently have set on him. I just would like to see some credible sources to all of this, as so many people assume he is available on the cheap (50-70m would be cheap).

Judoman

I am not objecting to any of this. Just go back a few pages in this thread and see. We have people concluding he is a bad player because no one wants to sign him for the low price Bayern apparently have set on him. I just would like to see some credible sources to all of this, as so many people assume he is available on the cheap (50-70m would be cheap).

No. Who assumes he is available for cheap? You keep repeating this and i keep saying you made it up. Please read more carefully.
The point of that was:

a. If he was that good (doesn t mean bad) Pep (and others) would make an offer for him regardless of the price tag. If he is that WC top of the line midfielder, than 100 mil is nothing. I would buy KDB for 100 mil in a second.
b. He is not available and all rumors are bs.

Jombi

No. Who assumes he is available for cheap? You keep repeating this and i keep saying you made it up. Please read more carefully.
The point of that was:

a. If he was that good (doesn t mean bad) Pep (and others) would make an offer for him regardless of the price tag. If he is that WC top of the line midfielder, than 100 mil is nothing. I would buy KDB for 100 mil in a second.
b. He is not available and all rumors are bs.

Lots of people here say Bayern want to get rid of him and for a cheap 50-70m price. I dont say you have said it, so I dont know why you are so worked up. But no one seems to be able to come up with a good source close to Bayern that confirms any of this.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Do not want him here. Currently we have Busi, Coutinho, Rakitic, Arthur, Alena, Rafinha, Roberto and Samper. 8 midfielders in total. We can also occasionally play Oriol and Puiq in Copa. I did not count waste that are Gomes and Denis too.

It s basic logic. The price is probably higher, but if it was 50 or less, the offers would be flying in.

Well violence is not my way, but if i had to, i would gladly oblige, just to teach you a thing or two.:lol:

Back to the topic, yes you mentioned Matthaus and the doctor. Big deal, who cares what Matthaus says? He has a habit of saying dumb stuff.
Also, if it s true, that Bayern wants to sell Thiago, than how would Pep making an offer, upset them?
And if Bayern doesn t want to sell him, than what are we even discussing?

What has Matthäus to do with Bayern - to repeat Hoeneß' words - he would not even get a job as greenkeeper for Bayern. Matthäus is a Sky pundit.

I am not sure if Rummenigge's relationship to Pep is more than a working relationship - that of Hoeneß to Pep is friendship. Thiago is not really for sale. He might like to return to Barcelona because of his family etc. - but it is not that Bayern wants him to go. And the issues with too many midfielders might be already solved. Vidal is probably leaving to Inter, Rudy to Leipzig and as Boateng might be on his way to PSG Martinez is needed in defense. So it is 6 players for 3 spots and not 9 with the option that Martinez can still be used as defensive midfielder in the 3 matches a year you need somebody like him there.

Vilarrubi

What has Matthäus to do with Bayern - to repeat Hoeneß' words - he would not even get a job as greenkeeper for Bayern. Matthäus is a Sky pundit.

I am not sure if Rummenigge's relationship to Pep is more than a working relationship - that of Hoeneß to Pep is friendship. Thiago is not really for sale. He might like to return to Barcelona because of his family etc. - but it is not that Bayern wants him to go. And the issues with too many midfielders might be already solved. Vidal is probably leaving to Inter, Rudy to Leipzig and as Boateng might be on his way to PSG Martinez is needed in defense. So it is 6 players for 3 spots and not 9 with the option that Martinez can still be used as defensive midfielder in the 3 matches a year you need somebody like him there.

Are you a Bayern fan? - If so what do you think of Thiago?

YodaMaster

LOL this thread...

Thank you for your post ! I actually have a very good friend he's a Bayern fan and he also keeps on repeating that Thiago isn't really for sale and that he's Bayern's only young & WC midfielder left. But people's argument on this topic is priceless lmao "Pep doesn't want him that means he's shit". Yeah guess what ? Pep doesn't want Pogba or Kanté either. He didn't want Rakitic in 2014 for 18m. Oh right, remember Modric ? Not many wanted him before he joined Real Madrid. That's such a weak argument. Come on Thiago haters, you can do better than that.

Truth is we don't even know if Bayern wants to sell that guy. Truth is that even if he's not for sale, Barcelona has a chance of signing him since his dream is to come back home (confirmed by his brother Rafinha).
Actually it's very likely that Thiago's preferences are:
1. Go to Barça.
2. Stay at Bayern.
Absolutely no point in saying "no big club wants him". Who said that he wants a big club which isn't Barça or Bayern ?

Those speaking about "Cesc fiasco". What about Piqué, Alba ? "Cesc fiasco" means absolutely nothing.

Oh and btw Thiago's 2016/2017 season was EASILY a top 3 CM in the world season. But to know that, you'd have to watch his matches. Which is so difficult I guess. It's way easier to just belittle his performances based on... nothing.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans