Thiago Alcantara

Birdy

Didn't we learn nothing from Cesc fiasco?

Arthur and Alena deserve minutes. Thiago made his choices and it's not like he's a world beater. Oh, and the injuries...

Arthur will be a starter this year, irrespective of Thiago i believe. EV is considering switching to 4-3-3 with messi as a false 9 at the top.
If a world-class md comes, the one who will see more of the bench this season is Rakitic, not Arthur. Paulinho, who was a player offering different things at md, left.
We desperately need a md.
I have already expressed my opinion at Kante's thread that he is the player we need to complement what we have. However, it is unlikely that we will even try to get him. Given what else is available/we are considering, Thiago is maybe no1 option right now..

George_Costanza

Sorry George, you aren't convincing anyone.

"Anyone"? Speak for yourself and maybe Laporta. Posting photos of Pep saying hi to his ex-president tell us what exactly? Did I say they have a bad relationship between the two and don't speak to each other? No, posting those pics don't necessarily mean they 69 each other in bed either. You are one funny fella

Devils

"Anyone"? Speak for yourself and maybe Laporta. Posting photos of Pep saying hi to his ex-president tell us what exactly? Did I say they have a bad relationship between the two and don't speak to each other? No, posting those pics don't necessarily mean they 69 each other in bed either. You are one funny fella

Simmer down George. No need to bring your fantasies into this.

Judoman

Funny thing is that you base your theory about " Pep doesn t want to worsen his relation with Bayern" on what? Opinion? Guess? Tea leaves?

At least tweets and articles are something concrete. Plus, there is an actual fact....Thiago is still in Bayern.

Jombi

Funny thing is that you base your theory about " Pep doesn t want to worsen his relation with Bayern" on what? Opinion? Guess? Tea leaves?

At least tweets and articles are something concrete. Plus, there is an actual fact....Thiago is still in Bayern.

But do we have credible sources close to Bayern that say they want to sell him for 70m euros?

Joan

Georgie, for the love of God, would you explain to me how Pep could worsen relations with Bayern by taking a player they're willing to offload/paying their price? Might be I'm slow today, but can't really see through it.

George_Costanza

Listen Judoman, I play Brazilian jiu-jitsu and can kick your ass...What say you?

Read my previous posts, I even named the individuals and issues at Bayern beside the Bavarian media.

George_Costanza

Georgie, for the love of God, would you explain to me how Pep could worsen relations with Bayern by taking a player they're willing to offload/paying their price? Might be I'm slow today, but can't really see through it.

"I'm slow today"... Just today buddy?

Didn't Rummenigge say Thiago not for sale last week?

“Thiago is an important player for us and we have never once articulated the thought that he should leave the club,” he told Abendzeitung .

“There has never been anything to the story whatsoever.”

Devils

The dodgy Bayern medical team has secretly been influencing Bayern signing over the years i.e. Robben, Ribery, Boateng, Martinez, Hummels, Thiago etc...so that they would have the most injury prone squad ever and losing Thiago to the traitor Pep would take away a significant contributor to medical business of the club.

Last edited:

Jombi

This is true at the end of the day.
If Thiago is THAT good, all teams would have been after him.

But not even his father, Pep, is after him.
There is always a reason.

Having 3 similar, weaker players in a team, is not one of them.
That is like saying: we don't need Verrati because we have Gomes and Denis on his position. Ok, these two are very poor, but the point stands.

Pep doesn't want him after Bayern years. That is a huge warning sign.

Just a few weeks ago, you named Thiago as the best signing we could make. What changed?

Do you have credible sources that say Bayern wants to get rid of him for 70m euros? Because it sounds like you do. Yeah, De Bruyne is a little better than Gomes and Denis I would say...

hamoon32

Thiago was starter for Pep when healthy, even though they were always stacked in midfield.
City's priority this summer was signing a DM. They don't consider Thiago because they don't consider signing a CM. Silva was on fire last year, he won't magically decline. Also Gündogan had pretty much an injury free season (according to transfermarket). They don't need to look for another world classs CM this year. Pjanic is another injury free available top CM and Pep said they have no interest in him. Should we take this as a sign that he is not a quality player?

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Just a few weeks ago, you named Thiago as the best signing we could make. What changed?

Do you have credible sources that say Bayern wants to get rid of him for 70m euros? Because it sounds like you do. Yeah, De Bruyne is a little better than Gomes and Denis I would say...

I am quite sure that I have never said anything nice about Thiago unless if someone hacked my account.

Judoman

But do we have credible sources close to Bayern that say they want to sell him for 70m euros?

It s basic logic. The price is probably higher, but if it was 50 or less, the offers would be flying in.

Listen Judoman, I play Brazilian jiu-jitsu and can kick your ass...What say you?

Read my previous posts, I even named the individuals and issues at Bayern beside the Bavarian media.

Well violence is not my way, but if i had to, i would gladly oblige, just to teach you a thing or two.:lol:

Back to the topic, yes you mentioned Matthaus and the doctor. Big deal, who cares what Matthaus says? He has a habit of saying dumb stuff.
Also, if it s true, that Bayern wants to sell Thiago, than how would Pep making an offer, upset them?
And if Bayern doesn t want to sell him, than what are we even discussing?

Jombi

It s basic logic. The price is probably higher, but if it was 50 or less, the offers would be flying in.

I'd just like to see credible sources that say Bayern want to get rid of him for a low price (I consider 50-70m low). He's their best midfielder, so its very interesting if Bayern want to get rid. I am not interested in speculation about the coach doesnt like him etc, just serious sources that say Bayern want to get rid of him.

Last edited:

Judoman

I'd just like to see credible sources that say Bayern want to get rid of him for a low price (I consider 50-70m low). He's their best midfielder, so its very interesting if Bayern want to get rid. I am not interested in speculation about the coach doesnt like him etc, just serious sources that say Bayern want to get rid of him.

Who said they want to sell him for a low price?

Home of Barca Fans