Thiago Alcantara

ASordidGod

He was bad at the wc + injury prone + 27 yo (not that young)

I'd take him for 30m as a bench player

You could make that point about the entire Spain squad though. As to his age, no he's not young, but rather in his prime, hence no hanging around hoping he fulfills his potential. Not a lot of love for Thiago on this forum it seems, and that's fair, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but for me he's up there with the very best of his type of mid in the world. His injury history is a concern, sure, but for me he's still the best option available. Indeed the only reason we shouldn't be making a serious attempt to sign him is if we rate Arthur so highly there's no need. And even then we're still hoping he comes good, rather than being good enough now, which Thiago absolutely is.

gregorrin10

Seems that Bartomeu and Valverde want him, but Segura is the main obstacle. Anyway, i would get him, but only if it's for up to 50M, not more. Too much of a risk because of his injuries for anything more in my opinion. That said, i could see Bayern selling for 40-50M, so this will be interesting. According to some French sources, Rabiot is now very close to signing an extension (as expected he was only using Barca's interest to get a bigger contract out of P$G), and if Ajax doesn't budge for De Jong this summer, Thiago might just be the only attainable one left, even though i wish we would show more of an interest in Eriksen. Maybe next summer, if he doesn't sign an extension with Spurs before that.

Affiae

hope he stays where he is, we definitely do NOT to spend 80 mio+ for a guy injuryprone like this. Forget it.

Vilarrubi

It’s only his injury issues which make him 70m, I think he would be more if he was fully fit.

That being said I’d take him for 60m.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't we learn nothing from Cesc fiasco?

Arthur and Alena deserve minutes. Thiago made his choices and it's not like he's a world beater. Oh, and the injuries...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Didn't we learn nothing from Cesc fiasco?

Arthur and Alena deserve minutes. Thiago made his choices and it's not like he's a world beater. Oh, and the injuries...

Besides - We already have another injury prone mid fielder, Rafinha, who seems to make a better partnership (than Thiago would) with Arthur anyway

hamoon32

It's ridiculous how underrated he is on this forum. The guy was probably best cm in the world under Ancelotti. Miles better than what we already have.

Home of Barca Fans